Global Gameplay Bug Reports: Alpha 6.3.x

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Hummel-o-War, Jul 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fisch050

Fisch050 Lieutenant

Mode: (Creative, Survival) Both
    Location: (Singleplayer, Dedicated Server, Peer2Peer Coop) All

SERVER NAME: NA
    SEED-ID: Any, all, and every

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: No

Reproducibility: (Always, )
    Severity: (Trivial, , , )

Type: (Global )

Summary: Sunlight shows up below ground

Description: I've dug out areas below bases, basements and garages with no access to surface light. And yet, when it is sunny outside, it is sunny way below ground. At night, they get dark. In the evening, the sunset plays out across the rock walls. In the morning, the dawn does the same thing. While this is great for digging without lights, it's a bit ... weird. I have never heard of sunlight penetrating meters and meters of solid rock and ground, but being blocked by thin steel doors, or wood and concrete walls. :)

Steps to Reproduce:

Screenshots, Crash Logs, any other Relevant Information or Download links:

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  2. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Rear Admiral

Voxel Geometry blocking of Light as best as I know is not yet Implemented.

3. Talon-Thorn

Talon-Thorn Ensign

Mode: Survival

SERVER NAME: N/A

SEED-ID: 3

If applicable:

Reproducibility: Often!

Severity: Major (death/other loss of playability)

Type: Motorcycle

Summary: Placing or picking up motorcycle can cause game-breaking event (probably related to physics).

Description:
    I've had several bad encounters with the motorcycle when deploying it or picking it up, and also, one just while driving. All of these encounters occurred on hard difficulty and all but one occurred on Masperon (#1 was on Omnicron).

1. Drove motorcycle into revene that had a small amount of water. Got dismounted but then was flipped around under the water...when I looked up at surface of water I thought I saw stars. Next thing I know I saw the planet rapidly moving away from me. I went into gm mode and tried to fly back but was getting "you must warp drive to get to another system" so I was about as far as I could be away from the planet in a matter of seconds.

2. Just after starting a game, I deployed motorcycle on edge of mountain dropoff. Got "teleported" 1/8 of the way around the planet to the west. I was on the surface and unhurt, but game was distrupted due to distance away from base.

3. Deployed motorcycle on steep mountain side while running from a scorpion. Got bounced high into the air and died on impact. Motorcycle's front wheel was embedded into the ground.

4. Drove motorcycle up steep embankment next to base, jumped off and quickly tried to pick it up. Fell through terrain, landing on the basement blocks of base (11 blocks deep). Went into gm mode to get back to surface, and motorcycle had all but the back wheel embedded into the ground.

5. Driving across flat surface when motorcycle suddenly stopped. The motorcycle was on the ground and had changed form. It looked like a folded motorcycle inside a square-framed cube. Picked it up and was able to deploy it and continue driving.

6. Accidentally deployed motorcycle while underwater collecting seaweed. Motorcycle disappeared.

7. Drove motorcycle into water and then went exploring for seaweed. About 5 min later I realized I forgot to retrieve my motorcycle, but it was nowhere to be found. It did not show on the map and I was far enough away that it should have shown up on radar.

Steps to Reproduce:
    1. Deploy motorcycl Mas3-170708-0355_2017-07-08_06-31-35.png Mas3-170708-0355_2017-07-08_06-31-08.png e quickly and try to get on it.
    2. Deploy motorcycle over cliff-side and try to quickly jump on it.
    3. Deploy motorcycle while underwater, or drive motorcycle into water (revene) and quickly try to pick it up.
    4. Drive motorcycle into cliff-side and try to dismount quickly and pick up motorcycle.

Screenshots, Crash Logs, any other Relevant Information or Download links:

4. LiftPizzas

LiftPizzas Rear Admiral

I don't remember if this has been reported, but half the time when I get into a ship, the thrusters and other devices are switched off. This has been happening to me for at least a month.

Toggling main power makes no difference. I have to go to the group they belong to and toggle it off/on to get things to turn back on. This happens to me on HV, SV, and CV. I'm not sure if it's triggered by loading up a game or entering a new playfield, but I am pretty certain it has happened when I just left an SV running by itself for a while.

5. JuStX2

JuStX2 Commander

It's not just the Sunlight - I'm getting light penetration from Pointlights on Blocks too (ie spotlights/lights go through walls/roofs). Granted I have the quality preset on Medium so it doesn't fry my aging graphics card, but it doesn't seem like something like light penetration something that would effect that (although I can see where shadows might)

Last edited: Jul 8, 2017
  6. Fisch050

Fisch050 Lieutenant

Yes - it's a bit annoying to park my SV outside my base, leave the lights on, and be blinded inside the base because the lights are shining through the walls. I could understand it if they were shining through windows, but these are solid cement and metal walls.

7. JuStX2

JuStX2 Commander

Is this on Multiplayer? Single-player? Were there lock-codes assigned to those devices? Signal Logic? Anything that could account for the devices being tuurned off automatically (all of the previous COULD do this)?

I know when I make blueprints I intend others to use - i usually include basic signal logic or custom groups for power allocation control (since I know people want to turn off their Navigating Systems to Save power but not their whole ship/fridge) - Same thing for BA And Grow Lights... :p

Last edited: Jul 8, 2017
  8. OlRusty

OlRusty Ensign

Mode: survival

SERVER NAME:Bugs Expanding Universe

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: Yes

Reproducibility: (Alway)
    Severity: MAJOR

Type: (Global )

Summary:shoot through walls with a drone

Description:you can shoot through walls with your drone while standing still. this only works with items that are higher elevated or level with your character thats outside the structure.

Steps to Reproduce: 1)get a gun 2)spawn drone 3)find something your gun can shoot down inside of a structure with walls 4)move drone within few meters of target 5)shoot 6)your character outside the wall will shoot through the wall and destroy the item your drone is seeing

9. seetruck-2000 2

Mode: (Survival)

SEED-ID:

If applicable:

Crashed (frozen screen)

Severity: (Major)

Type: (Global)

I was using the flatten tool and may have hit a block. After that the game froze, tried to check and see if the game was not responding in windows but would not come back after the game got started again without a restart of the game. The log has a lot of missing item that it was looking for but could not find them according to the log.

Hope this helps to find some of the bugs left.

First time the game froze on me.

Attached Files:

10. harald937

harald937 Ensign

SEED-ID: 222

If applicable:

Reproducibility: Always
    Severity: Trivial

Type: Production Unit Filters

Description:
    There are filters like HC, SV, CV, etc.
    I noticed, that these filters only work for stuff, which has online one category. Parts which have SV and HC are not showing up if you choose HC, neighter they will if you choose SV in the filters. This is just a small issue, but i think it should be somehow easy to fix and might add some more comfort when building SV oder HC.

This game is so absolutly awsome and amazing. I like it so much. Keep on the good work! Thank you.

11. LiftPizzas

LiftPizzas Rear Admiral

It's single player and happened as far back as 6.0.11 in the middle of May. I don't use blueprints, I build my own ships. It's stuff like hover engines, thrusters, RCS, spotlights, seems like anything with an "off" switch. It happens to ships with no groups or signals, as well as ships with grouped & signaled stuff. Once they're "off" the signals do not turn them back on. You have to either switch them individually in the control panel or cycle the group they belong to.

I cannot isolate any conditions where it happens.

I've tried reloading saves where this happened, and it doesn't happen the next time. I can't repro on purpose, so I don't know if it's happening on loading up a game, or if it's something else like leaving the area or just not touching it for a long enough time. It happened to an HV that was just parked 30 meters from me for a few minutes while I worked on my base. It happened to a CV that I was standing on, got in an SV and flew around for a minute and then came back. I've had viewers tell me the same thing happens to them, so I know it's not just me. ;)

12. Esher

Esher Ensign

Mode: Survival (not tested in Creative)

SERVER NAME: Rise of New Eden
    SEED: 123456

MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: Yes but happens on defaults as well.

Severity: Major

Type: Player CVs

Summary: CVs in space lag under specific conditions

Description:
    Since the deployment of 6.0 up to current, some CVs in space lag extremely badly when not moving forward. Turning the CV, moving up or down, or strafing left and right all are EXTREMELY laggy (2-3 fps max). However, the moment you start moving forward with the CV, the lag magically disappears and everything works normally.

Steps to Reproduce:
    Unsure what to do to reproduce. Some CVs are unaffected. Attempted to remove all lights, experimented with size classes, and none of these things seem to be a factor. Some smaller, completely unlit CVs lag, while huge ones with lots of lights are fine. I've linked below one of the CVs that does it consistently (a modification I did of someone else's CV). I've attempted removing pretty much everything except the thrusters and warp drive from it with no luck in fixing the issue.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=881509247&searchtext=Intruder

13. TheDeadlyShoe

TheDeadlyShoe Captain

SERVER NAME: Shattered Galaxy

MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: Yes

Severity: Minor

Type: ?

Summary: CV salvaging deletes docked SV.

Description: If you dock an SV to a CV and then salvage every block of the CV, it deletes the docked SV. It probably should check the reason for the CV entity being deleted before cleaning up the SV....

Steps to Reproduce: Dock an SV to a CV. Salvage every block. The SV vanishes.

14. Requiemfang

Requiemfang Commander

MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: Yes but happens on defaults as well.

Severity: Minor to Medium

Type: Large Medkits

Summary:Large Medkits say they heal around 100 points of health when in reality they heal only less health than that amount.

Description:
    Noticed this when using the large medkit to heal while taking on a drone base. Health dropped down to 95 and used 3 of them, my health went up to 335 health. If they were healing me properly my health would be at 395 health not 335.

15. Guru

Guru Commander

We have multiple players per day asking in chat "why won't my ship move?". It's so common of an issue that even the players respond to the issue now by saying "check your devices in the CP, they randomly shut off on you".
    Yeah, it's that common of an issue

Gary Parkin and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  16. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Rear Admiral

I've had this happen to me before in the Pre-Signal Logic Era of the game more then once. One memorable time for me was I was Driving around in a Hunter Miner HV on Mining Runs & stopped to Mine a Resource Asteroid with my T2 Drill (Pre-HV Mining Drill T1.) & got it ate up, grabbed a couple Egg Plant Parts I happened upon, got back into my HV I had left running... & it refused to turn or rotate for no reason at all hatsoever when it had just fine when I had driven to there. I looked through my Devices & eventually discovered all my RCSs had shut themselves off for no reason at all whatsoever, yet my Thrusters & Hover Engines in the SAME DEVICE GROUPING were still on just fine. I had to go through each of the RCSs in turn one by one & turn the damn things back on one at a time before I could resume driving around normally.

All efforts to identify potential Reproduction Steps have failed... especially when it only happens to me once in a long time at completely random times & circumstances out of nowhere. One thing I know though... this is a very ancient persistent Bug that has Elusiveness that'd make Ninjas proud.

If ya use Health Kits while a prior one is still in effect at Regening Health, I think the New Kit can & will Overwrite the remaining Healing Effect of the prior one. Though, whether or not this is Intended maybe a matter of Dev Call.

17. Requiemfang

Requiemfang Commander

Oh I always wait until the previous one's effects have stopped. I should have put that in the bug report. Either way it's here now for the devs to see. I was encountering the issue I posted before when waiting for the effects of the large medkit to dissipate.

18. 68plex

68plex Captain

SEED-ID:

Reproducibility: Current survival game only so far.
    Severity: Major

Type: Motion Sensor

Summary: Motion sensor stopped working.

Description: I set up Lift Pizza's engine control design with motion sensors near the cockpit. If worked like a charm for at least 4 hours of play through multiple logons and logoffs. The sensor on the right is working fine, but the sensor on the left has simply stopped working - no function, no beeping sound, nothing all of a sudden.
    Mobile_Base_2017-07-09_17-38-26.jpg

No matter how many times or from what direction I enter that interactive zone, it just no longer works. Interestingly, if I add a new lightbeam sensor one block over, and assign the same function, that works ok. Even removing, and adding a new motion sensor also does not work (in that same location so far. Will test if new motion sensor will work when putting it in same place as I put the lightbeam sensor for testing).

Edit: Ah jeez... I can promise you guys I DID try logging out and logging back in before reporting this bug, and I stilled experienced the problem. Although, now - of course AFTER I made the bug report - when logging back in to test further, the problem seems to have ended. Everything is working as should be. Man, I really hate wasting you guy's time. Sorry.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2017
  19. JuStX2

JuStX2 Commander

Even Non-reproducable Bugs are still bugs - Repro just helps identify them; You have wasted no-one's time in this regard.

Tyrax Lightning and 68plex like this.
  20. JuStX2

JuStX2 Commander

If and when this occurs again please make a note of the "Power Consumption" as to the randomly "turned off" state as compared to when you turn them back on - I would be very interested in this information.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.