Global Gameplay Bug Reports: Alpha 6.3.x

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Hummel-o-War, Jul 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. none 2

none 2 Ensign

Mode: Creative, survival not tested

MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: No

Reproducibility:

Each time a new game is started and CV is loaded.
    Severity: Critical

Type:

Logical error in programming.

Summary:

The in-game warning "Too far from the center of the structure" happens to shift forward by one block each time a new game is started and a ship is spawned.

Description:

Each time a game is started, I load a CV I've been working on that stretched to the length limitations given by the game. It so happens that each time I do this, the max length in the back of the ship is shifted to the front by one, and the max length of the front of the ship is also shifted forward by one, resulting in no net change in ship length, but I can no longer access the back of my ship.

Steps to Reproduce:

1. Start game in creative mode.
    2. Load a large CV that spans the length allowed for CV's.
    3.Save the CV.*
    4. Start a new creative mode game, and load the version saved in step 3.
    5. Note that the new limits are shifted forward by 1.

* It does not need to be a new save or a new CV, and I am not sure that you do need to save it, but this is how it this error occurs for me.

Figure 1:
    Blocks can be placed on the back of the ship before starting a new game and loading the ship
    20170709201145_1.jpg

Figure 2:
    Next time a new game is started and the CV is loaded, a shift occurs.
    20170709201302_1.jpg

Attached Files:

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  2. Guru

Guru Commander

What is strange is that I have spawned in a few ships using the exact same BP, but a single one would have thrusters or RCS turned off while the others were all on. I can't find a specific "trigger" for this issue. Seems completely random thus far

3. Furious Hellfire

Alien bug turns into a plant monster when it is killed.

This is a survival dedi using a vexray planet pack.

Or do I need a fresh game ? dedi server.

4. DonO

DonO Ensign

5. DonO

DonO Ensign

Mode: (Survival)

SERVER NAME: grandmarsh
    SEED-ID:

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: No (<- YES if new planets or non-default playfields are used. Use DontKnow if you are not aware if anything has been changed)

Reproducibility: (Always)
    Severity: (Major)

Type: (AIVessels )

Summary:Ok, here is some new info. As I have written before, both my patrol ships and freighters are not solid. I can fly right through them. They also do not attack me from time to time. Sound also drops out when this happens. But I tried something. I flew inside a patrol vessel and located the core. As long as I do not get to close to the ship I can shoot it. So as I said I located the core and blew a hole to destroy the core. The ship dropped to the ground and became solid. I could walk inside but the odd thing was even though the core was gone, I could not deconstruct the ship. It acted as if the core was still there. I hope this helps a little. And this gets fixed soon. Thanks....

Description: Above

Steps to Reproduce: Always happens.

Screenshots, Crash Logs, any other Relevant Information or Download links:

6. Guru

Guru Commander

AI vessels are still having issues with going through terrain

20170710010510_1.jpg

7. Redchemlight

Redchemlight Ensign

Edit: I found the phantom thrusters. They had replaced random blocks so were impossible to find without tearing the whole ship apart, which I have now done with extreme prejudice.

Mode: Survival

SERVER NAME: Buk Rogers

MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: DontKnow
    Reproducibility: Unknown. It's happened once and I am hesitant to try to reproduce it
    Severity: Major

Type: AIVessels

Summary: When AIVessel repairs its thrusters they were added as thrusters to my SV.

Description: I attacked the Patrol vessel (last part of the name was Medium. I apologize for not having the exact ship name.) on Masperan Moon and took out all of its rear thrusters and several of the ones on the underside as well. About a half hour to an hour later I see the message that the AI Vessel is attempting to repair its thrusters. Soon after this the energy use on my SV goes through the roof (exceeded 700% with 2 generators that under full load never exceeded 60%) and it immediately becomes almost impossible to maneuver. I land and find CV thrusters had been added to my SV (See screenshot and blueprint). Even after pulling every thruster off the SV there are still 6 listed that simply are not physically on the ship but still make noise and allow limited movement. Additionally, I tried deleting the Core to my SV, but upon replacing it and going back into the P menu the thrusters still showed up in the list.

Steps to Reproduce: Can't at this time as I am down an SV. Obviously the thrusters the AI vessel attempted to rebuild were added to my SV. As to why I am unclear.

Attached: Screenshot showing CV thrusters in ship's menu, blueprint.

Additionally, I don't currently have access to the server logs, but could make a concerted effort if anyone thinks it would help.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 10, 2017
  8. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator
    Staff Member Community Manager

I am afraid i can not reproduce this. Can you give me an example please?

9. Atola

Atola Commander

Mode: Survival

SERVER NAME: N/A
    SEED-ID: N/A

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: N/A

Reproducibility: Always
    Severity: Minor

Type: Building

Summary: Can't texturize the "Beam" shape on one side, If thats the only side you want to apply a texture.

Description:

Steps to Reproduce:

Using metal or concrete (probably the others but didn't check) select beam shape and place it. try to apply a texturize to just one side, one of the sides will not work. Now that you have identified the side that does not work place a new block in same orientation, and texturize that side. The texture will instead be applied to the side to the right of the one you tried to texturize.

Screenshots, Crash Logs, any other Relevant Information or Download links:

BEAM BUG.png

10. andargor

andargor Commander

11. OccamsRazor

OccamsRazor Ensign

Mode: Multiplayer Survival

SEED-ID: Not sure

MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: Yes. Resource sizes

Reproducibility: most of the time

Severity: Major and very annoying

Type: Not sure

Description: When moving my SV or HV into my CV bay, It punts my CV forward or pushes off my roof landing pad. This also happens on the moon when I am done mining. I drive my little HV into the huge CV bay and it punts it forward. Doesnt happen all the time but enough that its annoying. I log out, restart Steam and validate files and sometimes it helps, sometimes it doesnt. I parked my SV on top of the CV and it pushed my CV into the ground to where I almost couldnt get it back. The CVs I am using were made pre 6.0 but modified to be 6.0 compliant. I made a completely brand new CV and it still happened so I do not know where to turn

Steps to Reproduce: VERY intermittent

12. Bigfeet

Bigfeet Captain

Seed : unknown

Modified playfield: Yes

Reproducability : every time, yet i have only bin on this server since i started playing again around 6.0

Severity: Minor

Summary: Acid rain penetrates (armored) glass window

Description: On a planet that has periodic acid rain falling i've build a 1 block high tunnel with armored glass on the topside.
    As it rains and i'm running or walking through the tunnel the acid drups still damage me as its trajectory would hit me if there were no glass.
    My character is not clipping through the glass or anything, the drups just seem not to stop on the upper surface of the glass and have the acid effect active within the blockspace of the glass window. One would assume this effect is stopped when the rain hits the surface of said window.

Reproducability: Make a 1 block high tunnel with (armored) windows on an acid rain planet and walk/run through during rainfall.

Screenshots:
    1 block high tunnel
    NewGame_0_2017-07-18_15-48-06.png

13. Tagz

Tagz Ensign

Seed : unknown

Modified playfield: Yes and no

Reproducability : works every time

Severity: seems major

Summary: Player seated in cockpit assumes control of vehicle when re-cored by an opposing faction

Description: If a vehicle is cored, a player is able to sit in the cockpit of a cv for example. If a player from a different faction then re-cores the cv, the cv becomes green to the person that placed the core, however the player in the driver seat is able to fly off with the cv. The player that placed the core is unable to see the cv in their registry and the player that was sitting in the driver seat, while able to fly it away, is unable to open the control panel of the vehicle and must core the ship again to make it their own.
    Typically if someone cores the ship, no one else it able to sit in the cockpit, but this doesn't seem to be in effect if the other player is already seated in the cockpit

Talon-Thorn and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  14. freellancer

freellancer Ensign

Another update and again Windows 8 to the AMD are deprived, that for editing such that the last two weeks I can not go through anti-cheat, throw it in the trash once you can not do what would work for everyone. The only program that does not work on my computer

Очередное обновление и опять виндовс 8 на AMD обделенные, что за правки такие что последние две недели не могу зайти через античит, выкиньте его в помойку раз не можите сделать что бы работал у всех. Единственная программа которая не работает на моем компьютере

15. Gary Parkin

Gary Parkin Captain

I've had this happen several times too and I blamed my team-mates for shutting them off by accident. Now I know it's a known bug and I'll let them know

16. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator
    Staff Member Community Manager

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.