Global Gameplay Bug Reports: Alpha 6.4.x

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by EleonGameStudios, Jul 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Leomist

Leomist Ensign

Totally agree with you. why take out a function before they have implemented the new one. plus i'm the same as you i've got over 50+ hours in one world as well.

Well i hope the devs are able to implement something quickly. They have a hell of a good game in the making.

2. Neil

Neil Commander

Mode: Survival

SERVER NAME: n/a
    SEED-ID: any

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: Yes or No

Reproducibility: Always
    Severity: Minor - but very anoying

Type: HV

Summary: HV sometimes sticks to ground on power-up

Description: Often when I power up my HV it will stick to the ground. Sometimes shift-O, or various other movement keys will unstick it - eventually - and sometimes not. If on ground I can usually clear out the terrain underneath and it can move again, but once I was stuck to a POI (Admin) and had to remove all but two hover engines to get it to solid ground.

Steps to Reproduce: Power off an HV and try to re-start (may have to get out first). Often it will be stuck.

Screenshots, Crash Logs, any other Relevant Information or Download links:

Talon-Thorn likes this.
  3. Ara1983

Ara1983 Ensign

Mode: Survival SP, Creative SP
    Location: Mostly space, sometimes planet (Akua, Omicron, Akua orbit, Omicron orbit)

SERVER NAME: no
    SEED-ID: any seed

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: default playfields

Reproducibility: Always(in space), Sometimes on planets
    Severity: Major

Type: Global

Summary: Game crash (empyrion.exe is not responding, send report... and so on)

Description: Game crashes in space every time when i do actions like this: swich view 1-st/3-rd person, entering/exiting SV CV, exiting drone, entering space stations. Also crash on planet when i`m capturing POI.

Steps to Reproduce: see description

Screenshots, Crash Logs, any other Relevant Information or Download links: logs on g-drive
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6K8zSjA5RpSN1VrN1F5aVlLZlk

4. Nogitsune

Nogitsune Commander

There's a lot of potential reasons why you'd want to remove unintended functionality from code. Potential security issues are one possibility. A new functionality that you add, or just general changes in the code over time, which conflicts or renders inoperable the way things worked before - something where you'd have to purposefully do things differently to maintain the old (unintended) functionality. Essentially, something where maintaining the old 'side effect' would somehow tie down your current or future work.

At that point you'd have to decide to either scrap the unintended effect, or promote it into fully supported feature. The latter would often mean rewriting it into something that makes sense and works better with the rest of your codebase - since you're now actively taking responsibility of it working 'as intended' instead of 'how it happened to be'. Since I don't know anything about internals of the game, I can't say anything certain.. but since moving from 6.3 to 6.4 did introduce changes, I imagine something like what I described happened - and from the sounds of it, the decision would have been to rewrite it into fully supported feature.

5. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator
    Staff Member Community Manager

The old P2P-direct-connect is very limited in scope. It will not allow you to leave a planet individually, for example and creates a lot of issues that can not be fixed because of the very structure how P2P worked. Furthermore, P2P has been tagged as "deprecated" since we have official Dedicated Server (which everyone could run on their machine). But it was kept in the game as undocumented possibility, that's right.

As P2P in small groups is a demand we have seen growing over the last months, we developed a new method to allow a "Quick play session" without tasking small groups of people that just want to play a private game (we call it "Coop") to have to set up a server. This has been a very complicated task and this "one button" approach might finally break the "connect to singleplayer" method, as both can not really exist simultaneously in the code.

As we had to start somewhere, we pushed the update, but have given an extensive guide how to set up the new COOP until this "one-button" approach has been added. So there is not "removed a feature before adding the improved one".

Finally: Please keep this discussion out of the bug thread. We appreciate any feedback, but at the appropriate place. Said that, i will delete any further discussions in this thread to keep it clean and in order to enable the QA team to follow the REAL issues.

Thansk a lot for your understanding. :)

Taelyn likes this.
  6. Tombz

Tombz Ensign

Mode: Survival
    (Edit: Just tried with new single player survival mode, spawned a CV and flew to Akua orbit. Pressed V a few times for 1st/rd person view and I get a freeze too)

SERVER NAME: private server
    SEED-ID: different seeds

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: Yes and No - this is happening in default scenario as well as custom ones

Type: Game Freeze

Summary: When I am in space - in basically any orbit, my client freezes completely - this is happening by just moving around, or even more often when i activate 3rd person view in a ship

Description: Game is freezing up in space so often, I can't really play in sapce

Steps to Reproduce: Happens usually very soon after flying in any orbit of any planet

Screenshots, Crash Logs, any other Relevant Information or Download links: I attached DxDiag and latest client log.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 20, 2017
  7. AndreV

AndreV Ensign

Mode: ( Survival)

SERVER NAME: (HWS)
    SEED-ID: (NA)

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: Yes

Reproducibility: (Yes)
    Severity: (Minor)

Type: (Cosmetic )

Summary: Tooltip / info window popups not closing all the time in the Market screen.

Description:
    This is much better after the hotfix (Fixed: Marketplace: Info hover text does not close / reappears), but it still occurs a lot in 6.4.1.

In the Market screen, the timeouts for the tooltips don't seem to be working correctly and stay on the screen, even when you are trying to trade, the dialog windows pop up behind them. This seems to only happen in the Market screen, via an ingame Terminal or from the Tab menu. The only way to clear it is to hover/click on another item and hope that this one closes correctly.

Steps to Reproduce: Enter the market screen. Click on an item to sell or buy, then quickly move the mouse to outside of the box. Most of the time, this will cause the Info hover text to stick in place. It is almost as though it is only being displayed after the cursor is already out of the box, so no further checking takes place.

Attached Files:

8. Pantera

Pantera Rear Admiral

Can you attach the blueprints of the vessel's that this happens to you with ?

9. Nogitsune

Nogitsune Commander

This is the current iteration of the ship - and the issue is still present in it. Previously it didn't have the extra 'landing pads' made of combat steel present (they seem to make no difference for the problem).

Attached Files:

10. Pantera

Pantera Rear Admiral

so any SV docking this CV can sometimes trigger it ?

or does this happen after a certain amount of time randomly ?

Last edited: Jul 17, 2017
  11. Nogitsune

Nogitsune Commander

Mode: survival

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: yes, Vexray's galaxy from http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=943354037

Reproducibility: Unknown, issue is persistent now, through logging out and back in to game
    Severity: Between minor and major depending on situation

Type: Turrets
    Summary: Base turret(s) aren't shooting at enemy base (which has respawned) within range

Description: Pretty much what summary says - there's enemy drone base that's shooting at me, at about 350m range - well within at least the artillery range, and I can shoot out the enemy base's turrets with said artillery if I take it in manual control. Even if I set the artillery to target any available targets, it won't shoot the base automatically. Whether this would happen if base was originally operational instead of respawning, I don't know.

Steps to Reproduce: Build base near disabled enemy base. Apply turret. Wait for base to respawn.

base2.jpg Turret is set up to target core, turrets, generators
    base3.jpg Base is obviously hostile
    base1.jpg Base is well within range of the turret

...so why is the turret silent?

The turrets work fine against local wildlife for example.. so it's not an issue with turrets themselves.

12. cmwhee

cmwhee Lieutenant

bumping because if the bug is fixed then I can be finished with this project, and if it's not going to be fixed then I can adjust

or if it's my fault, and there's an easy fix, then I can be done

13. Nogitsune

Nogitsune Commander

Any SV or HV flying into hangar. Not time related - it doesn't happen 'by itself', and not related to docking itself - just flying into hangar through the doors.

I suspected it could have something to do with uneven terrain of the landing area. There were a couple of tiny specs of land I could see peeking through the blocks of the landing pad - and I did find a couple of persistent plants that had respawned. So I went to peek under the blocks with godmode..

trinitybounce.jpg

About an hour of time and stack of drill charges later, I'd evened the entire area. (Ridiculous amount of work, could really use a more powerful flatten mode.. would also be helpful if flatten actually did what the picture indicates, and efficiently raised the terrain as well as sinking it).
    trinitybounce2.jpg

Either way, this -may- have reduced the bounciness, but it's hard to tell because the way it triggers can vary a lot in severity at seemingly random. Even -if- it is related to terrain, it doesn't remove the problem because I get this happening rather frequently when CV has landed on moon or another planet - and I can't very well always spend an hour flattening every possible landing site.

It does seem to trigger more readily when I fly a ship very near the upper frame of the hangar doors
    trinitybounce3.jpg
    It's like the hitbox of (7.5 t) SV bumps into hitbox of (34000 t) CV, and the CV (with thrusters turned off) makes way, bouncing and tossing around from the 'collision' (I haven't tried this in PvP mode, e.g. collision damage enabled - and regardless it doesn't seem to require an -actual- collision of blocks.. sometimes it triggers from apparently flying through the center of the hangar doors).

The only two remarkable features of Trinity I can think of are:

- the landing pads are halfway enclosed inside covering blocks (height 2 pad, the first block of their height is inside the ship, sort of - I got tired of them constantly being shot off, fixing the ship without ability of autorepair missing blocks is stupidly tedious)
    - Trinity has double hangar doors to keep the hangar getting vented if the outer door is shot off

-- EDIT --
    - No, flattening the ground didn't lessen the severity, after trying it a bit more, it seems to work exactly same as before
    - Leaving the RCS enabled (I keep disabling them with thrusters to save all the power possible) makes no difference, the ship bounces exactly the same as with them disabled
    - Even leaving the thrusters enabled changes nothing
    - I haven't been able to reproduce this by bumping any other part of the ship - only when flying through hangar doors. Maybe this is just the only time you can actually move another ship inside the CV's hitbox

14. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator
    Staff Member Community Manager

Please send me a PM. Not possible to investigate this in this ongoing thread. Thx!

15. Kassonnade

Kassonnade Captain

I tried to spawn you CV in a fresh game but I can't. The name is in red, and I get the message "Exceeds max number for certain block type or blueprint type disabled by server" also in red. It also shows "size class 8" in red.

16. Pantera

Pantera Rear Admiral

Thanks I can see what you mean now & reproduce!

17. Guru

Guru Commander

HACKING NOTIFICATION

Our dedicated MP server had an issue at 5:30am this morning. A new player was on our starter planet, and using 3rd party software was able to bypass EAC and do pretty much anything he wanted. He spawned in almost 60 PV bases (each had a vessel) and hundreds of Zirax AI. He had given himself many items in his inventory and could do virtually anything an admin with full privileges could do.
    Apparently, there is a HUGE hole in EAC protection right now and this issue has the potential to cause massive havoc on a server if not caught quickly.

18. Pantera

Pantera Rear Admiral

19. krazzykid2006

krazzykid2006 Commander

Mode: (Creative, Survival)
    SERVER NAME: Any
    SEED-ID: Any
    Type: Money

Summary: Cheaters are still able to cheat

Description:Since the money exploit fixes were client side, and not server side like they should have been, people are still cheating and using the money exploits. It hasn't been fixed at all.

I understand once servers update to 6.5 then those people will have to update, but for the time being nothing is fixed. Major exploit fixes absolutely have to be server side in the future, otherwise you may as well just not waste your time fixing them at all.

Steps to Reproduce: If a person removes their empyrion files out of the steam folder, then steam won't won't be able to update that version of Empyrion. This results in said people still being able to log on to servers and destroy the trading economies. It HAS to be a server side update to stop them.

20. Nogitsune

Nogitsune Commander

Yes, that ship requires some less restrictive settings from server to spawn. It's not 'legal' with default setup.

###############

# Restrict allowed Blueprint size class: restricted types are not allowed to be produced or spawned
    # 1 = allow only small blueprints, ... , 10 = allow very large blueprints, 0 = no limits (Warning: large blueprints can have very strong performance impact)
    MaxAllowedSizeClass: 0

# Restrict Blueprint types allowed for production in factory
    # None = Blueprint system completely disabled
    # StockOnly = only stock blueprints can be produced
    # All = all types allowed (default)
    AllowedBlueprints: All

#################

EnableMaxBlockCount: False # Enable or disable the max counting of blocks such as the weapon limit

#################

Removing size class (and blueprint type) restrictions, and removing the limit on block count per blueprint. Those should allow it to spawn. Or start creative singleplayer, I imagine it would spawn there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.