Global Gameplay Bug Reports: Alpha 6.5.x

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by EleonGameStudios, Jul 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FullSized

FullSized Lieutenant

6.5 HUGE BUG FIX ASAP!!! It is no longer possible to "coast" by turning off reverse thrusters. I don't see anything in the patch notes that this is intentional so it must be a bug. Its @#%[email protected] retarded that we don't have a hot key to "disable inertia" so that our ships can coast anyway like space engineers. Its beyond horrible that now apparently by accident you have broken the workaround for it. It is a basic principle of space travel that once you are up to speed you will continue in that direction and speed "unless acted upon by a force" Inertia 101.

Gary Parkin likes this.
  2. FullSized

FullSized Lieutenant

Please rename the HV "Artillery" If it can't even out range base guns its not an Artillery. You have just crippled the only significant role that HV had in the game beyond mining. Why are you so determined in a PVP game to make an unmanned base be able to beat the #$% out of manned vessels?

3. Mestiff

Mestiff Lieutenant

Doesn't work but the problem change: i don't have the "EmpyrionDedicated stop working" window.... it just don't start at all!!!
    EmpyrionDedicated.exe is back to run as admin when the 4 exe files are validate and reinstalled.

Attached Files:

• UAC.jpg
      UAC.jpg
      File size:
      395.6 KB
      Views:
  4. Pantera

Pantera Rear Admiral

ok I see your UAC is set to off basically/Never notify try following these steps:

In windows 7 go into the control panel & select user accounts then click on 'Change User Account Control Settings'
    A window will open with a slider. Make sure the slider is atleast set to the 'Default' option. Like in the pic attached at the bottom.
    If it isn't & you are now setting it to be 'Default' you will be prompted to restart your PC do this when you are ready.

After restarting & windows is loaded back up go into you Empyrion folder here:

SteamLibrary\steamapps\Common\Empyrion - Galactic Survival

Now right click on EmpyrionDedicated.exe & select Properties.
    Click on the compatibility tab & untick the 'Run this program as Administrator' box & then click on apply.
    Now delete all the exe's in the folder. EACLauncher.exe, Empyrion.exe, EmpyrionDedicated.exe & EmpyrionLauncher.exe

Next in your steam library right click on Empyrion & select properties then click on the Local files Tab & click on the 'Verify integrity of game files' option.
    After it is done downloading the files start the game up & try the Local coop option again in the new game menu & windows should now prompt you to allow the EmpyrionDedicated.exe. Select Yes.

Note make sure only EmpyrionDedicated.exe is now set to run as admin in the Empyrion folder.

Click on this to enlarge:
    admin1.png

Last edited: Jul 22, 2017
  5. Pantera

Pantera Rear Admiral

Known issue.

6. Andre Merrick

Andre Merrick Lieutenant

@Hummel-o-War

Mode: Survival

SERVER NAME: [VERIFIED SERVER] Alpheus Prime
    SEED-ID:

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: Yes

Reproducibility: Always,
    Severity: Major

Type: Global

Summary: Since the update to the Server Version (6.5.0.1170) - Time does not move forward. The new "slider bar" on the dedicated "GUI", doesn't move. I can slide it.. and time changes in the game... but on its own, it doesn't move. When I go into the debug menu. and look at the "timer"... it goes for only about 30/40 ms.. and restarts.

Description: Time does not move forward

Steps to Reproduce: I've restarted the server a few times, but to no avail..The new "slider bar" on the dedicated "GUI", doesn't move. I can slide it.. and time changes in the game... but on its own, it doesn't move. When I go into the debug menu. and look at the "timer"... it goes for only about 30/40 ms.. and restarts. The time on the host is correct.

Screenshots, Crash Logs, any other Relevant Information or Download links: The Time Bar is stuck at 22162260.... I have attached the logs from the 1170 Update below.

upload_2017-7-22_7-11-48.png

EDIT:
    I completely uninstalled the server, after the most recent patch release. The time is still stuck - Please help! :)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 24, 2017
  7. Mestiff

Mestiff Lieutenant

I don't know why it would change anything on this problem because windows in this setting can't block anything, in fact that's why i set UAC to off as soon as i buy a computer.

I tried just in case and it didn't do anything: DedicatedEmpyrion doesn't start at all.
    What seems strange to me is that there is no cmd batch files at all. Is it incorporated in-game now?

8. Patrick Stower

I am aware of the air resistance in atmosphere, but I was talking about travel in space. This issue has occurred in 6.5 not 6.4, and if you look at the bug reports you will find that I am not the only one posting the problem. Look at Fullsized's more colourful posting and Pantera's reply.

9. Gary Parkin

Gary Parkin Captain

Mode: Creative

SERVER NAME: private server
    SEED-ID:

MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: No

Reproducibility: Always

Summary: Blueprint system not reading the yaml file

Description: I have my yaml file set to MaxAllowedSizeClass: 10 which should let me bring in any class ship, but it's giving me "blueprint size is restricted by server"
    , where it did not a few weeks ago.
    What changed, and why was this changed? This is a private server with 3 players. I should be able to have anything I want...

I tested this in creative too, and it still won't let me bring in the ship.

10. Pantera

Pantera Rear Admiral

Try setting this:
    MaxAllowedSizeClass: 10

to:

MaxAllowedSizeClass: 0

For no limits. Close the server down first then change it & save the dedicated.yaml & start the server up again & rejoin.

Also the console command spawnanyblueprint or sbp will work.

11. RemyBlackjack

RemyBlackjack Ensign

Mode: Any

SERVER NAME: N/A
    SEED-ID: N/A

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: N/A

Reproducibility: Always
    Severity: Minor bug

Type: SV Rocket Weapons

Summary: Aim rockets anywhere without having to move the SV

Description: Player in an SV that has SV rockets armed and selected can hold down the 'N' key and left click the cursor anywhere on the screen and the rockets will go to the cursors vector, allowing for SV to aim anywhere without actually needing to move the vessel.

12. Andre Merrick

Andre Merrick Lieutenant

Set max size to 0.. which is "No Restriction"

13. Nogitsune

Nogitsune Commander

Mode: (Creative, Survival) survival (but probably doesn't matter)
    Location: (Singleplayer, Dedicated Server, Peer2Peer Coop) dediserver, NOT nitraserver

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: Yes (but shouldn't matter)

Reproducibility: Sometimes, seemingly random
    Severity: Can be major

Type: Building

Summary: Sometimes when placing multiple blocks (drag with ctrl down), 'ghost blocks' appear

Description: Sometimes when building a structure, and placing multiple blocks in an area by dragging with control held down, some blocks fail to appear - but the game still treats the structure as if there were blocks in the location.. in that you can't place anything else there. You can walk through that space, and if you make a blueprint it appears the 'ghost blocks' do not persist in the blueprint. As such I'm unable to provide a blueprint, but the blocks DO persist in files under the 'shared' folder, so I'm attaching a zipped copy of the directory of the particular capital vessel I was editing.

The 'ghost blocks' are on the two empty areas of the 'roof' of the upper hangar (at the very top of the ship, behind the glassed area full of growth plots, and forward of the upper hangar door).

Steps to Reproduce: Not aware of a way to reliably reproduce, it happens sometimes, relatively rarely and at random.

Screenshots, Crash Logs, any other Relevant Information or Download links:

In this particular case for example the issue is pretty major until I find some workaround - because until I do, I can't finish remodeling the ship.. and it's crammed so full of all kinds of stuff in containers that building a new one from blueprint really isn't a reasonable option.

- moving to different playfield didn't help
    - trying to re-build over the 'empty' area by dragging multiple blocks didn't work (unable to place there)
    - using the bug reported on next post, to force a 2-block container to spawn over the ghost blocks worked as a workaround to removing them. One of the blocks refused to allow the mirrored container to spawn until I moved the mirroring position a bit further away from it (mirroring the container from 4 blocks away instead of 2)

Attached Files:

14. Nogitsune

Nogitsune Commander

Mode: survival
    Reproduce: always
    Severity: gamebreaking

Type: Building
    Summary: Mirroring of bigger blocks (larger than 1,1,1) is messed up

Description:
    Many blocks - too many to list - are messed up when mirroring. This actually includes some single size blocks, I think glass slope was one of them, but it more severe in bigger blocks. Mirring often places them 'off-center', that is it doesn't properly mirror the direction they extend from their 'root block'. When building bigger ships this can be between major and game-breaking, because you just can't reliably mirror your construction - and if you try, you can end up with broken design that can, at worst, take a very long time to repair.

The worst part is that sometimes the wrongly mirrored block can wipe out whatever was in the place it decided to occupy. In the picture below, I'm mirroring 2-block container. When placing it pointing 'upwards' on left side, on right side it figures it's good idea to point downwards. If there's another container there, it overlaps. If there's regular block (like combat steel block), the previous block is just gone. Poof. In some cases that can elevate the problem to gamebreaking - if what you lost was critical, and you have no way of replacing it (think like, your ownly generator, on hostile remote planet, with no constructor. Haven't tested if it can wipe out a core).
    mirror.jpg
    This has been around for a while, just didn't remember to report it.. but recalled it now with the bug in the previous post since this might be a workaround to fixing that one..

-- edit --
    I'm elevating this to 'gamebreaking'. The blue small container in the picture is actually gone.. but it left behind a 'ghost container' I have no means to remove. I can't access it, I can't build anything on that spot, but multi-tool shoots straight through it so I can't remove it either. Essentially it acts like the 'ghost blocks' in the bug above, but this one can be reproduced reliably, and can actually destroy existing containers. You can use your imagination to create 'worst scenario'.
    -- edit 2 --
    - using 'mirroring' to force another container to spawn at the location of the 'ghost container' helped clear it away. The container must spawn with it's 'root position' at the exact block the ghost is occupying.

TNTBOY479 likes this.
  15. Kassonnade

Kassonnade Captain

This is not a big thing and it has been mentioned by at least another player in a previous version (6.4.x):

When in a CV top speed goes over max (from 73.8 to 116.7) when pressing more than one direction. If I press forward only the ship goes to 73 m/s, if I press any other direction at the same time speed goes over max, and if I press 3 directions at the same time (ex. forward+down+left) the speed goes up to 116.7 m/s. The same thing happens on the planet (Akua) where max CV speed can be augmented by pressing more directions at the same time.

16. Supercrab

Supercrab Lieutenant

is the bug where your ship thrusters randomly stop fixed ? because its really really annoying me :(

17. FullSized

FullSized Lieutenant

Trying to manually control an HV artillery to fire on a cannon turret on a base. Every time the cannon turret shoots my HV artillery turret it resets to home position. Makes it impossible to shoot while under fire unless home position was already aimed at the target.

18. Gary Parkin

Gary Parkin Captain

I don't leave the server running so this morning I loaded and saved my yaml file then ran the creative server. No go.
    This is a bug.
    20170723073439_1.jpg
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Edit:

I just tried it in SinglePlayer, and it let me spawn it in. I thought maybe it was the number of turrets because you're restricted to 6 (No Idea Why this was decided in PvE or SP?)

But I am ok with turrets and under the limit:
    20170723074607_1.jpg

Here are the full specs for the ship:
    20170723074640_1.jpg

We are going to change it anyway, but I can't get it to spawn on my private server.

Here are my relevant parts of my server yaml file:

Srv_ReservePlayfields: 2

# Restrict allowed Blueprint size class: restricted types are not allowed to be produced or spawned
    # 1 = allow only small blueprints, ... , 9 = allow very large blueprints, 10 = no limits (default)

MaxAllowedSizeClass: 10

# Restrict Blueprint types allowed for production in factory
    # None = Blueprint system completely disabled
    # StockOnly = only stock blueprints can be produced
    # All = all types allowed (default)

AllowedBlueprints: All

Mode: Creative # Survival or Creative
    Seed: 2309115 # The seed determines how the world is procedurally generated - the same seed means the same world
    MaxStructures: 200 # Max number of structures per playfield (limit = 255, reduce on performance problems)
    AntiGriefDistance: 10 # Distance (in m) around a faction's base where no other faction's base can be built
    AntiGriefZone: PvE # Zone where the AntiGriefDistance is valid (All, PvP, PvE)
    AntiGriefOresDistance: 10 # Distance (in m) around ore deposits where no other faction's base can be built
    AntiGriefOresZone: PvE # Zone where the AntiGriefOresDistance is valid (All, PvP, PvE)
    EnableMaxBlockCount: False # Enable or disable the max counting of blocks such as the weapon limit

OriginDefault: Explorer # The name of the default Origin
    OriginAccessOthers: True # False will not allow any alliances with or join to factions from other Origins
    OriginAutoAlliance: True # Factions are per default allied if they are in the same Origin
    FriendlyFireInPvP: False # False will not damage any allied structure even in PvP. Still does hurt players

The settings are the same as my survival server which won't let me build the ship either.

Any ideas guys (and girls)?

Last edited: Jul 23, 2017
  19. Gary Parkin

Gary Parkin Captain

Multiplayer or Singleplayer

Reproducibility: Always - (Same Bug, different build)

Type: Global

Summary: Looting an animal after getting off a ship or hover results in spoiled meat.

Description: Looting a corpse, or drone after getting off a ship, you are thrown out of their inventory menu.
    If it's an animal, you're left with spoiled meat.

Steps to Reproduce: Get in a ship, HV, or whatever. Shoot down a drone, or kill an animal. Get off the ship and open its inventory. You are immediately kicked out of the inventory when you try to move your mouse to the upper right to click that arrow, and you have to re open it.

The first time you open the animal, the meat is good, but throws you out. The next time the meat is spoiled.

If this is something I'm doing, then please let me know.

If we had a hot key to take all, this could be avoided.

?? Do the Dev's read these? This is like the 6th build I've posted this. :(

Gordholm likes this.
  20. Gary Parkin

Gary Parkin Captain

This isn't going to help your bug, but try sitting back farther out of the reach of the turret. If it doesn't reach, inch up a bit more.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.