Global Gameplay Bug Reports: Alpha 6.5.x

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by EleonGameStudios, Jul 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pantera

Pantera Rear Admiral

Not a bug by the looks of it more like a old dedicated.yaml.

This part should look like this:

### Restrict allowed Blueprint size class: restricted types are not allowed to be produced or spawned
    # 1 = allow only small blueprints, ... , 10 = allow very large blueprints, ..., 50 = allow gigantic blueprints, ... , 0 = no limits
    ### Warning: large blueprints can have very strong performance impact!
    MaxAllowedSizeClass: 0

You can backup your current dedicated.yaml then move it away from the folder & then in steam in the tools sections right click on empyrion dedicated & use the verify integrity option to get a new dedicated.yaml to download.
    Once it has downloaded open it & have a look at the new file & compare it to the one you are currently using.

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  2. Pantera

Pantera Rear Admiral

I asked you previously for a video demonstrating this so yes they are read ;)
    I haven't experienced this after following your reports what am I missing ?

http://empyriononline.com/threads/global-gameplay-bug-reports-alpha-6-4-x.12235/page-3#post-144421

3. Gary Parkin

Gary Parkin Captain

Tyrax Lightning and Pantera like this.
  4. Gordholm

Gordholm Moderator

we hear you but currently noone is able to reproduce, i tryed hard even with a CV :) . May answer some question, can you please post your computers specs, and may upload the blueprint your encountering the issue (if this happen for you with any vessel there is no need)

5. Gary Parkin

Gary Parkin Captain

Thank you so much for the help. I will renew the file this morning.

6. Reddemon65

Reddemon65 Ensign

Mode: (Survival)

SERVER NAME: Stand Alone
    SEED-ID: (705817)

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: No (Omicron Desert)

Reproducibility: (Always)
    Severity: (Major)

Type: ( Repair )

Summary: EXPLOIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Description: Making T2 Laser Drill with only enough parts to create 1 laser. Since I only had 1 power coil I decided to make one T2 laser and started to upgrade the hover craft. I removed the T1 Drill and added the new T2 laser and went out to gather resources and stumbled upon this exploit.

Steps to Reproduce: 1. land your hover craft on the repair block. 2. Remove the T1 drill and replace it with the T2 Laser Drill. 3. Once the T2 is on the craft get your repair tool and start to disassemble the T2 Laser and watch the repair dock start to repair the damage. 4. This is all about timing while you doing this don't get ahead of the repair process and time it to the point that you remove the laser right at the time it gets rebuild. 5. If you timed it correctly you will have another T2 laser in your inventory and a laser on the ship being repaired.

I have uploaded the pictures so you can see the amount of laser I achieved within 1 minute of finding this exploit. I now have 7 T2 laser and it only cost me 1 full set of material to build it. It is pretty easy to replicate with the drills and weapons I have already did it with the mini guns of another ship to verify that its an issue with the repair bay.

Computer Specs: amd fx-8370 Eight-Core Processor 4.01 GHz, 16 GB Ram, Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit OS, AMD Radeon R9 240
    The blueprint I am using is called "The Ladybig" from the workshop

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 23, 2017
    Tyrax Lightning and Gordholm like this.
  7. Gary Parkin

Gary Parkin Captain

I didn't mean to sound mad, but it is frustrating.
    I will upload my specs and my key mapping after I get home this morning from church.
    Oh, and a video showing this happening. I hope it is something I am doing but my friend is experiencing the same issue.
    Could it be my private server settings.
    He remapped his keys too. Could be that too.

8. Reddemon65

Reddemon65 Ensign

I posted the specs but if the diagx would be better let me know I can post that too. If you like I can keep reproducing this exploit and post screen shots of it just give me an amount to shoot for. Also I am going to work on another workshop blueprint I have downloaded "DrillSergeant" and see if its a workshop exploit or core game exploit. Once I am done with those I am going to use the core blueprints that came with the game and try it that way. Once I determine the results of those test I will build a ship from scrap with in the game and try the exploit that way. Sooner or later I will get to the bottom of that exploit just going to take a bit of time and a lot of testings. No need to get frustrated or mad its all in the process of making a excellent game. Thank you for replying back to my post you gave me some other insights I need to work on too.

9. Guru

Guru Commander

this is a known issue and has been reported since at least 5.0 (I've reported it twice myself).

10. Gordholm

Gordholm Moderator

possibly a combination of your outdated yaml files + custom keymapping but who knows for sure, i'm waiting then for your video since thats the best source for me to reproduce your issue, thank you in advance for your support

11. Reddemon65

Reddemon65 Ensign

Here is the video I did a quick disassemble of 2 more T2 Drill Laser, If you need a longer attempt let me know I can do it 50 more times because I really need to get those them Power coils without going mining for the basic materials :)
    https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjITGL_lICZDhmVcE6LKTnHiB66T

I had to link it using my Onedrive since the forum wont allow me to upload a mp4 file and for future reference what are the files that can be uploaded to the forum so I can change my video formats.

I would like to further test this exploit I can actually delete the game from my computer and re-download it and start from scratch to see if its the old files or just a glitch with the the programming either way let me know.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2017
    Gordholm and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  12. TheDeadlyShoe

TheDeadlyShoe Captain

Mode:
    Survival

MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: No

Reproducibility: Always
    Severity: Minor

Type: Global

Summary: Creative tools do not work entirely properly in survival on coop dedicated

Description: When changing playfields, you must reenable the itemmenu and spawnanyblueprints settings in the console. They don't persist. Additionally, you're unable to remove blocks by right clicking or use the undo commands.

13. Gary Parkin

Gary Parkin Captain

Hi Gordholm. I changed out the yaml file to fix the blueprint glitch. That worked. The only thing that looked out of place in the yaml file was the MaxAllowedSizeClass: 0. Maybe the file was corrupt some how because I have 2 copies of them; one for my survival server and one for my creative. I changed out both! :)

Another glitch we had was we could not edit an LCD screen that another player had placed. This was hit or miss, so I thought maybe it was something we were doing wrong. It seems to have been fixed but we've not tested it fully.

Again, I'm sorry I did not see the request for the video.

So far the inventory glitch is still there but not as often. We both tried changing our key mappings to default and that made no difference.
    F instead of E is truly weird to work with. ;P

If you do not move the mouse it throws you out as though you typed F twice, once to get in and once to get out. weird.

14. piddlefoot

piddlefoot Rear Admiral

Green Barrier bug is back.

Crossing Green Barrier in HV on Lava planet occasionally causes HV to instantly sink into lava killing player and loss of backpack.

I was in the middle of chasing another bug down where the SV vanished, I been on planet for 15 mins or so, stopped at an autominer to empty it, got out of SV, SV vanished, looked on map showed it half way around planet at Green Barrier, so spawned the HV to go look as walking on a Lava planet is just stupido dead , anyway got to green barrier and SV on map then appeared to be back at the autominer I just left so I turned around went back through green barrier and HV sank into Lava and murdered me, now I spawned near where I died but cant get to backpack as its to deep in lava, I wont mention how many Epics I lost this time, lol, anyhoo log file for this game below.

This is on a public server, Creative Gaming Network, the server is not loaded, had just 2 of us in there at the time, the server never lags for me so its not a crap server though Im not sure of its spec, its on 6.5 version and I have a 225 ping to the server at the time.

Attached Files:

15. Nogitsune

Nogitsune Commander

I've had this same thing happen. Looting plant monsters was briefly showing food but throwing me out of loot menu, and re-opening was giving spoiled food. I can't remember whether there was a vehicle involved or not. I've been thrown out of loot window the same way sometimes looting the drop boxes that are left behind when you break container or pick up a generator from water that had some content. Can be frustrating in those cases, because when you are thrown out of the lot menu the loot box 'breaks' and throw the content all around in several smaller boxes.

16. FullSized

FullSized Lieutenant

So in the middle of a battle 1/2 the guns on my ship and the hangar door disappeared. I was in space over this planet during the entire fight. I have had this happen before when changing playfields like going from planet to space but this time I was only in space. I thought at first maybe it was delayed battle damage but after relogging as you can see in the second picture everything reappears.
    graphics.jpg

17. Guru

Guru Commander

Honestly, I do not believe this bug has ever left. Our server has to help players with this issue every single day, usually multiple times. SV or HV randomly just jump somewhere else and when an admin gets close to it, it will usually "rubberband" back to it's original location.
    There have been times where it has glitched worse than others and one of two things happens at this time. One is that you can see the name of the ship, but it is invisible. The only way to fix it is to clone the ship and delete the original. The second, but rarer, type of problem is when the server shows the location of the ship many MILLIONS out in space. In this case, you must delete the original and spawn in the vessel via BP.

We've had issues with this for at least the last 10 months, if not longer

18. Guru

Guru Commander

Just curious, did you happen to build that ship using mirror-mode?

19. Sabrina66

Sabrina66 Ensign

Hey I want to Report a Bug.

You cant deaktivate the F Thrusters and fly in Space alone. Why has space now in vacuum resistance^^?

Last edited: Jul 24, 2017
  20. Bigfeet

Bigfeet Captain

I've experienced something similar the other day. Came down from space with CV + docked SV and flew to base crossing the green barrier. Once arrived at the base, as soon i leave the CV it teleported back in to the barrier. It was late & no admin around so i logged off. Half a week later, with the CV still stuck in barrier, i took another SV to fly to it, was able to dock. The CV was ofcours outta gas and started falling as soon i jumped on its hull. We both fall to the ground (broke my leg,lol) with me on one side of the barrier and CV on the other. I could clearly see through the barrier where the CV fell (like 30-40 m inbetween), but once i step through the barrier it's not there, but 8+ km from that position.

Going back through the barrier i can again see it 30 m away on the other side... Got an admin to step in and he teleported the CV + 1st docked SV still attached back to our position in front of the barrier. However the second SV i docked trying to retrieve the CV(&sv) now seem to keep remained docked forever 8+ km behind me, invisible, following where ever i go. Not bin able to get a hold on admin since, so i'm stuck with this.

Was guessing the other day about the length in between (8 + km). Could it be this "ghost"ship is sort of back in time, as in a previous cycle of the planets spin/orbit , and registrating the distance as a full day cycle? Hence the "back in time" ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.