Global Gameplay Bug Reports: Alpha 6.5.x

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by EleonGameStudios, Jul 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gary Parkin

Gary Parkin Captain

Mode: (Survival)

Reproducibility: (Always)
    Severity: (Major)

Summary:
    standing on a SV docked to a CV and accessing the control panel results in you accessing the control panel of the CV.

Description: I don't know how many times my teammates forgot to turn off their ships from within the cockpits and then switched them off while standing on the vessel, only to shut down the power of our CV. I have done this myself and can reproduce it.
    The last time it killed all my plants.
    Please if you can not get this working then if we have to be in a cockpit to apply power, then don't let the player be able to use Y to kill the power unless they are seated in the cockpit or in the drivers seat of the CV. This would be an awesome feature and solve a lot of problems.
    Maybe it could be switchable from the wall?

This happens if the ship is sitting on a base too. I've shut down the power of a small ship only to find the base power off.
    It doesn't seem to happen if I shut down our CV if it's on a base. Maybe because we don't power it off too often, but I will test this with a small CV, to be sure.

Also, if you are standing on an SV that is docked in the hanger of a CV, and you press P to get to the control panel to fill the fuel, or the ammo, sometimes you get the control panel of the CV.

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  2. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator
    Staff Member Community Manager

This can happen when your crosshair is on the CV and not the SV...or does it also happen when your Crosshair is on the SV and you are very close to it? (If you are too far (~1 block) you will get the structure you are standing on when using P.

3. vxsote

vxsote Lieutenant

SERVER NAME: Official U.S.

Severity: (Minor)

Type: UI

Summary: Warp target lock state becomes inconsistent after zoning to a planet.

Description: If you lock a warp target while in orbit, then travel to a planet and back, the target system still appears to be locked in the menu, but the HUD indication is missing. To make everything consistent again, it is necessary to unlock and relock the target.

Steps to Reproduce:
    Start in a CV in orbit.
    Lock a warp target.
    Fly into the atmosphere of a planet.
    Fly back into orbit.

4. Ballard

Ballard Captain

Summary:
    The bug with the Patrol Vessel repairing thrusters, then attaching thrusters to my SV is still active.

This bug has been with us a while. I want to put it forward as still an issue. I had to multi tool down two of my SVs, then leave the planet altogether to avoid it. I was barely able to collect my stuff and bug out on my crippled SV.

5. Hummel-o-War

Afaik this hasn't been fixed yet. Still on the list ;-) Thanks for re-reporting!

6. vxsote

vxsote Lieutenant

As a followup, I encountered this bug last night on the official US server.

I was raiding a POI, killed a bunch of alien dog-like things, and was collecting the meat. On one of them, when I accessed it I saw the meat for a split second before I was lag-ejected from the corpse inventory screen. When I accessed it again, the meat was spoiled. All the meat in the other dogs was completely fine, and they were all fairly fresh kills.

7. Ballard

Ballard Captain

This one is another venerable old bug. The first time you access an inventory after exiting a vehicle you can find yourself spat back out. The work around is to access an inventory on your vessel before you go looting bodies. Otherwise the first dead critter is likely to give you spoilt meat.

Tyrax Lightning and vxsote like this.
  8. vxsote

vxsote Lieutenant

Ahh! I had not made the connection between getting in and out of a vehicle and this issue. That is probably very helpful information for the devs if it can make it more reproducible.

9. vxsote

vxsote Lieutenant

Mode: Survival

SERVER NAME:
    Official U.S. server.

Reproducibility:
    Always, I think
    Severity:
    Minor

Summary:
    Pilot 3rd person view snaps to default position when a passenger interacts with the ship.

Description:
    While piloting a CV and having a passenger riding along, and using 3rd person view having unlocked and moved the camera to a different position/angle, if the passenger interacts with the ship my view will snap back to the default position. Examples of interaction where I'm pretty sure this has occurred include getting in/out of a seat and accessing any of the turrets. This complicates using certain tactics and is annoying.

I believe this behavior started recently, but I cannot be certain of the exact version number.

Steps to Reproduce:

Pilot a CV.
    Have a passenger enter a passenger seat.
    Switch to 3rd person view, unlock the camera, and move the camera position.
    Have the passenger take control of a turret or get out and back into the seat.

10. Hackasaurus Rex

SERVER NAME:
    SEED-ID:

Severity: (Trivial)

Type: (CV, SV, HV, BA)

Summary: Clicking "Fill All" in the control panel doesn't top off a used stack of ammo.

Steps to Reproduce: Fill up an ammo box on your vessel or base, use some of it and attempt to use "Fill All" It won't refill a used stack of ammo.

11. JuStX2

JuStX2 Commander

Bug Type: Global Interaction
    Mode: Survival
    Description: As of the last "un-versioned" hotfix Hanger doors open automatically preventing design of a "Drop Bay" (see blueprint for example)
    Expected Result: The Hangar Door should stay closed until the motion detector tells it to open unless manually opened on interaction (behavior prior to patch)

Request: If this "Fix" is intentional please create a secondary set of hanger/shutter doors that do not contain this function for wiring with the signal logic and motion detectors. (I realize the signal logic in the Blueprint is flawed - we had it wired up correctly but then we kinda tried different approaches and came up with "it's the patch".)

Attached Files:

12. Hummel-o-War

Afaik no changes have been made here. So you still need to step back 4 full blocks from any door or hangar door to not trigger the opening sequence.

13. Furious

Furious Ensign

Last edited: Jul 27, 2017
  14. Gary Parkin

Gary Parkin Captain

20170726154251_1.jpg Mode: (Survival)

Severity: No clue

Type: Ship with 2 Cores!!

Description:
    I just got back into our game today and my little SV has 2 cores attached to it.
    How can this happen? I didn't (could not ) add it. Please see my screen shots. I can even drive it around that way.
    It just showed up.

It's glued to the top:
    20170726152757_1.jpg

Under here is the real core:
    20170726152819_1.jpg

Here's a shot of both of them:
    20170726152829_1.jpg

Totally weird.

Edit: I saved a copy of the game in case you guys need it.

More weird things...

This other ship is kind of taken apart. Look at the block and the ammo container on the top.
    And the right gun is misplaced too.
    20170726154251_1.jpg

It's supposed to look like this side. The gun doesn't belong to any of our ships.
    20170726154333_1.jpg

I'll see if I can figure out when this came about. I do a separate save every time we are finished and I close the server.

Edit: Last good save was on 2017,07-23 at 4:21pm. We were so busy outside I guess no one noticed the ships were weird.
    The save after that 2017, 07-23 at 7:36pm has the changes to the ships.

I reloaded each save until I found the good one and took some screen shots at the devices before and after:
    The First ship with the 2 cores Before:
    20170726162535_1.jpg

After:
    20170726162215_1.jpg

The ship with the extra block, ammo box, and gun before:
    20170726162021_1.jpg

And after:
    20170726162140_1.jpg

I see an extra thruster that I have no idea where it is.

Hope this helps you guys.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2017
  15. Gary Parkin

Gary Parkin Captain

Thanks Hummel-o-War. I'll tell my guys to watch out for that and we'll test it further.

16. Pantera

Pantera Rear Admiral

Were these vessel attached to any CV that warped around at all to other playfields perhaps ?
    Can you reproduce ?

17. saadow

saadow Lieutenant

Mode: (Creative)

SERVER NAME: (NA)
    SEED-ID: (NA)

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: No

Type: (Global / Turret AI)

Summary: Spawned blueprint vessels given Aln faction + an Alien Core will not automatically fire any turrets, NPC turrets or PLY turrets, at other vessels in PVE space

Description: As an admin of another server we want to drive PVE as issues with the AI vessel commands working on the server prevent their efficient use, so we decided to spawn vessels, put alien cores in them, and set them to the alien faction. We then pilot them with the "Godmode Invisible" command. These vessels should automatically begin firing at other vessels/player vessels, but they do not. Forward facing guns do work however!

Steps to Reproduce:
    ~spawnanyblueprint

spawn a ship from blueprints

change core to Alien

~faction entity Aln ###

spawn another ship

fly Alien ship close to player ship

Alien ship does not fire.

Screenshots, Crash Logs, any other Relevant Information or Download links:

18. Gary Parkin

Gary Parkin Captain

Yes they were but I haven't tried to reproduce yet. We warped to about 6 planet orbits, but the last good save we were at the destination in Masperon Orbit.
    I'm not sure how bad, or what ships are damaged so my plan is to blueprint what I have of the space station we're building, then go back to the last good save, and bring it in.

I saved the logs and I have all the good and bad saves.

19. FullSized

FullSized Lieutenant

Yea, I spent about 30 seconds and set up a macro to toggle "hold W". It still ties up not only my entire game but my entire computer to do that. I can't sort through inventories in my P menu, top up my fuel levels, set up builds in my constructors or in my factory, read through missions or even chat in global or faction chat b/c my computer has to have the @#%$ "W" key held down for me to keep moving in space. That's just stuff I use to do in game before they broke physics and made it so our ships can't get up to speed and coast any more.

Out of game I could "report bugs here", check email, watch youtube, read facebook. Normal Things. I have 3 monitors. I doubt most gamers now days don't have at least 2. I hate having my entire computer shut down b/c its holding down the W key. So I can stare at the screen while basically nothing changes but my coordinates for 10 minute intervals at least 4 times a day, usually 6-8. Or I can find another game to play.

20. FullSized

FullSized Lieutenant

Single Player Creative PVP

I built a rather large HV with 6 15mm guns on the front of it. I can fire the guns in 1st person view, but when I switch to 3rd person view the bullets impact the back of my own ship. I tested this several times. If i keep firing it will literally drill a hole through my ship front to back. If i hit alt and change the angle to anything except the default 3rd person view then the bullets fire normally. But again going back to default home camera position for 3rd person view and the bullets again impact my own ship. I have not tested this on any of the multiplayer servers yet. If a developer wants I can share the blueprint for the ship I specifically tested this on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.