Global Gameplay Bug Reports: Alpha 6.6.x

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Hummel-o-War, Aug 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator
    Staff Member Community Manager

PLEASE read the FAQs before reporting bugs that may just be gameplay changes.

[READ FIRST] Alpha 6.0 - Gameplay FAQ
    [READ FIRST] Alpha 6.0 - FAQ for BUILDERS
    [READ FIRST] Alpha 6.0 - FAQ for MP & CUSTOMIZATION & SCENARIO

-----------------
    PLEASE REPORT crashes, CoQ, freezes over here:

- Game crashes/Freezes at START Menu/Access Violation (0xc0000005) over here: http://empyriononline.com/threads/p...start-menu-access-violation-0xc0000005.11617/

PLEASE REPORT issues that do not relate to a GLOBAL gameplay mechanic, but are due to the setup of a scenario over here:

- Issues with SCENARIO "Dawn of Galaxy": http://empyriononline.com/threads/official-scenario-dawn-of-the-galaxy.12058/
    - Issues with SCENARIO "Invaders vs. Defenders": http://empyriononline.com/threads/official-scenario-invaders-vs-defenders.12060/
    - Issues with TUTORIAL: http://empyriononline.com/threads/official-scenario-tutorial.12059/

-----------------

PLEASE READ FIRST!!

1. If you haven an issue with a Base or Vessel with temperature, radiation, colliders, can-not-dock, o2 or plants not growing or anything that happens without anything else in the game world is directly affected, please ADD THE BLUEPRINT or the SAVEGAME and add an info if SP or MP! If you want to add your savegame, please upload your savegame to a cloud host (like dropbox, google,..) and add a LINK to your report

2. If you having issues with something missing from your planet, spawned in the wrong place or anything that keeps being broken after resuming a savegame PLEASE UPLOAD the savegame to a cloud host (like dropbox, google etc) and add a LINK in your bug report

3. If you CRASHED with a message "Continue or Quit" on a SP or MP game, PLEASE ALWAYS add the corresponding CLIENT.LOG file! You can find it in the /LOGS folder with the appropriate version name (e.g. version folder with 1022 is for version 6.x build 1022). Please do NOT copy the contents of the Client.log files to this thread!

IF you are the server owner, please zip the corresponding LOGS folder of your server and attach it to the bug-report as well!

4. If you CRASHED back to desktop (empyion.exe does not work anymore) do the same as in (3.).

5. If you game FREEZES (locked up), please make a note that this is a FREEZE (not a "Crash"). Add the same files as in 3. and maybe add a dxdiag as well.

6. If you try to host a COOP SERVER and run into any issues like CoQ or Crashes, please ALSO send in not only the Client.log, but the most recent logfile of your COOP SERVER, starting with Client_AsPf_

THANKS A LOT FOR YOUR SUPPORT! :)

-------------------------------------

COOP TROUBLESHOOTING

IF you have problems with setting up a COOP SERVER, you might also want to try this before reporting your issue:

Presets:
    - Make sure your Windows UAC control is always showing and not set to "Do not notify".
    - Make sure, STEAM is not run as Admin (Click on desktop icon > details > compatibility mode > uncheck Run As Admin if checked)
    - Make sure ONLY the EmpyrionDedicated.exe is set to "run as admin" and NONE of the others is! Especially make sure the EmpyrionLauncher.exe is NOT run as admin! (Check > rmb > properties > compatibility > make sure "run as admin" is not checked
    - Make sure EAC is OFF. You need to go to options > MISC and deactivate EAC and THEN quit and restart the game for this setting to take effect!

Troubleshooting (Crash/Error when starting or connecting to Coop Server)

1. Go to ..\Empyrion - Galactic Survival\
    2. Delete all .exe files (EmpyrionLauncher.exe , EmpyrionDedicated.exe, Empyrion.exe, EACLauncher.exe)
    3. Verify game files via STEAM
    4. Restart PC

6. Go to ..\Empyrion - Galactic Survival
    7. Check the four .exe files:
    7.1 Visual Icons > ONLY the EmpyrionDedicated.exe should have the "shield" for running as admin!! 7.2 Technical > Check each .exe with RMB > properties > Compatibility to make sure, only the DedicatedLauncher.exe is run as admin and NONE of the others!
    8. If ANY of the three .exe files show the Admin-shield or are still set to Admin in the settings,
    8.1. open the files > RMB > properties > Compatibility > Remove check for "Run as admin"
    8.2 Now DELETE the file (do NOT restart the PC)
    8.3 Now verify game files via Steam (do NOT restart the PC)
    8.4. Repeat this until only the EmpyrionDedicated.exe shows "run as admin"

>> In 80% of all cases, the COOP issue relates to a Windows UAC + Steam verify issue and should be fixed this way.

---------------------------------------

Post your GAMEPLAY BUGS here using the following template:

Mode: (Creative, Survival)

SERVER NAME: (If the issue happened on a public server, please add the name here)
    SEED-ID: (Please always add the SEED-ID for SingleplayerSurvival games; Open the console. The Seed is noted somewhere to the "playfield loaded" dialogue)

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: Yes/No/DontKnow (<- YES if new planets or non-default playfields are used. Use DontKnow if you are not aware if anything has been changed)

Reproducibility: (Always, Sometimes, Unable)
    Severity: (Trivial, Minor, Major, Crash)

Type: (Global / O2Rooms / Temperature,Radiation / Player Armor,Boosters / Repair / Teleport,Portals / Instances / Triggers,Sensors / AIVessels / Gamestart / ... )

Summary:

Description:

Steps to Reproduce:

Screenshots, Crash Logs, any other Relevant Information or Download links:

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  2. wolfe

wolfe Ensign

Creative
    Single Player
    Always happens

When using the texture symmetry ....

When you put a texture on the 'north' face of the block, on the opposite block, the texture is also on the 'north' face, when it should be on the 'south' face, its not mirrored

And...The Glass round corners still dont symmetry the right way

Last edited: Aug 15, 2017
  3. Space Beagle

Space Beagle Captain

We need quick hotfix for "CHAT system", second row of text is roaming free out of its one line blue boundaries :)

(it is probably known issue, but - here it is, just in case ;))

Triblade and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  4. The Dirt Wizard

The Dirt Wizard Commander

In creative mode, symmetry is not remembering where the plane is when turning symmetry on and off

edit: also in survival mode on a server;.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2017
  5. Pantera

Pantera Rear Admiral

Can you screenshot this pls ?

6. Narpason

Narpason Ensign

Mode: Survival

SERVER NAME: Eleon Studios - Official EU Server
    SEED-ID:

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: Yes, has some planets added

Reproducibility: Always
    Severity: Severe

Type: EAC kick

I am unable to join any MP server since 6.5.3; this issue persists in 6.6, no matter if official, EAC-protected, trusted etc.; getting stuck at 'connecting'. After couple minutes of waiting error message pops up - screen attached. EAC is on. Client log uploaded

Attached Files:

7. Xidnam

Xidnam Ensign

Mode: Creative
    Single Player
    Building a CV:
    • O2 and Temperature does not show right: some rooms/areas says no O2 even though the ventilation is working, and areas should be air tight. Some rooms/areas show a temperature down to -130 C
    • Repair Bay can´t be placed in CV even though description says it should be useable on CV´s
    • ( I have started to get a lot of lag, which I have not experienced before... )
    Blueprint is attached

Attached Files:

8. Space Beagle

Space Beagle Captain

My God it is a pain in 'other thing' to get screenshot with Steam and to transfer it ...

Chatting looks a bit strange now :)

383120_screenshots_20170815210758_1.jpg

Triblade and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  9. Pantera

Pantera Rear Admiral

Try this.
    1) Close the game down
    2) Go here SteamLibrary\steamapps\Common\Empyrion - Galactic Survival
    3) Delete all of the exe's EACLauncher.exe, Empyrion.exe, EmpyrionDedicated.exe & EmpyrionLauncher.exe & the EasyAnticheatFolder
    4) In steam verify the files in the game library for empyrion
    5) Once the download is complete try launching the game again. You should have a prompt to install EAC. Install & start then once in game check the option menu to make sure its ON & try joining again if nothing at this stage try 1 last re-start of the game.

Hope this helps.

10. gridpoet

gridpoet Ensign

Mode: survival
    Reproducability: always
    Severity: Crash

So i am crashing every time in game now... Played yesterday for about 5 hours no problems. Cant play for more than 2 minutes without the game crashing now...

these are my three most recent dumps

Attached Files:

11. Siege Inc.

Siege Inc. Captain

Modified Playfields: No
    Type: Symmetry tool + paint/texture
    Severity: Trivial

Having an issue getting the paint/texture tools to work correctly with the symmetry plane.

I tried a new saved game and that did not help. I tried creating a new blueprint from scratch and then it worked as expected. It seems to be an issue with existing blueprints. Note: I did not retest this after discovering it was the XY plane giving me an issue.

Further testing shows it's painting the opposite plane from what it should be. Seems like it's reversed. In the last three pictures you can see I painted a face on the block on the right. The block on the left the front face was not painted. It painted the face on the back.

Addendum: So far I've only noticed this problem on the XY axis.
    Addendum 2: It seems the top and bottom facing mirror correctly. The sides do not.

Area_51_6.6_2017-08-15_19-29-28.jpg Area_51_6.6_2017-08-15_19-29-36.jpg Area_51_6.6_2017-08-15_19-38-40.jpg Area_51_6.6_2017-08-15_19-29-44.jpg Area_51_6.6_2017-08-15_19-52-59.jpg Area_51_6.6_2017-08-15_19-53-03.jpg

Attached Files:

12. foxes

foxes Lieutenant

When I published the blueprint he left in his folder CV_Polaris_Beast. Now when I tried to update it created another copy in Steam and folder renamed CV_Polaris_Beast__1111880977. Now I can't update the original post.
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1111386275

Ok. I fixed this by replacing the folder number to the number that is given on the link.
    from CV_Polaris_Beast__1111880977 to CV_Polaris_Beast__1111386275

13. Nogitsune

Nogitsune Commander

This is probably the same issue as...

Same thing was happening earlier with placement of various regular asymmetric blocks - the mirroring wouldn't turn them around, but rather placed the mirrored block in same orientation. 6.6.0 patch notes show that as fixed, but seems like some blocks slipped through cracks, and painting/texturing needs the same fix too.

14. Siege Inc.

Siege Inc. Captain

Modified Playfields: No
    Type: Symmetry Tool
    Severity: Trivial

Blocks that still don't work correctly with symmetry tool. They don't mirror correctly.

Large Gen T1
    Large Gen T2
    Advanced Constructor
    Large Constructor
    Furnace
    Radar
    Sofa
    Reception table corner
    Reception table corner thin
    kitchen counter
    bathroom vanity
    scanner 3
    scanner 2
    tank 1
    capacitor
    railing diagonal
    railing slope(left and right)
    Railing L shape
    Railing round
    Glass railing slope(left and right) offset by 90 degrees.

Armored Windows:
    Armored Window Side 1 1x2
    Armored Window Side 2 1x2
    Corner 1x1
    Corner 1x2
    round corner

Windows:
    Side 1 1x2
    Side 2 1x2

SV
    Wings - all

UPDATE:
    Orientation of and painting of these blocks is ALL kinds of screwed up with the symmetry tool.
    Sloped Wall
    Sloped Wall bottom

Paint gun goes through the concave surface to paint the convex surface instead when you're too close.
    Round Slope Thin

Last edited: Aug 19, 2017
  15. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Rear Admiral

Speaking of this... i've always thought the SV Wing's Default Orientation was a rather... odd choice...

16. Triblade

Triblade Ensign

Location: (private) Dedicated Server (with two out of two players)

SEED-ID: 315248

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: No

Reproducibility: Yes.
    Severity: Minor

Type: O2Rooms (I guess?)

Summary: In my glass room there are curved/corner glass windows, I can walk there but they are not oxygenated as the rest of the room

Description: As you can see in the screenshot below, there is O2 everywhere except for the corners. This means the ridge above from the left to the right as well. I discovered this while I was walking around and suddenly a warning appeared that I had to put on my helmet. It seems to be all rounded and curved window blocks. I did not test this with other types.
    Edit: There are no leaks.

Steps to Reproduce: Make an airtight base and make a glass wall with curved/cornered glass. Then stand in it. There is no O2. (make sure to power it haha)

Screenshot:
    NewGame_1_2017-08-15_23-51-49.png
    I attached a second image as the creative-reproduced one. There is no O2 in glass cornered blocks. You can see the warning in here as well.
    CreativeTestWorld_2017-08-18_00-36-36.png

Last edited: Aug 17, 2017
  17. Myrmidon

Myrmidon Commander

SERVER NAME: N/A
    SEED-ID: 2017
    If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: Happens on both
    Severity: Major

Type: Global

Summary: Dead animals destroyed drones &robots, dead Zirax

Description: Sometimes the destroyed/dead bodies fall into walls OR fall one into the other .This makes loot hard or impossible sometimes. Specially the robots destroyed bodies tent to fall inside walls if are positioned right next to one the time they are destroyed.

Steps to Reproduce: Need to have multiple enemies of same type killed/destroyed leaving their dead bodies fall one "inside" the other or "inside" a wall.

Screenshots, Crash Logs, any other Relevant Information or Download links: NA

Tyrax Lightning and rainyday like this.
  18. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator
    Staff Member Community Manager

Did you have all of them in a test-savegame already? If yes, would be awesome if you can send it in!

19. Siege Inc.

Siege Inc. Captain

@Hummel-o-War

Also, I just wanted to say thanks to the dev team for working on the symmetry tool and working to make paint and texture work with it as well as getting all the blocks and devices to work correctly with it. Didn't think I'd see that anytime soon but it's much appreciated.

Attached Files:

Nogitsune and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  20. Balaur

Balaur Ensign

Hangar Door (6x3) and Hangar Door (14x7) are tenfold lighter than other (bigger and smaller) Hangar Doors

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.