Global Gameplay Bug Reports: Alpha 6.6.x

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Hummel-o-War, Aug 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Atola

Atola Commander

The marker can be deleted from the map without restarting the game.

raditz and Tyrax Lightning like this.
  2. Pantera

Pantera Rear Admiral

No its the Show on HUD option in the control panel for devices.
    Its a known issue.

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  3. Atola

Atola Commander

Yes, I know. When that happens, you can delete the marker from the map - its a little bit quicker than restarting.

4. Pantera

Pantera Rear Admiral

Fair enough I thought you were thinking of it being a map marker at first :)

5. To1vo

To1vo Ensign

6. To1vo

To1vo Ensign

This was the case here thank you very much. SV was the lil´looter found on workshop in steam. Never had this problem before though.

7. vxsote

vxsote Lieutenant

Yep, that's the same ship I had the issue with. The change to prevent guns from firing when blocked was very recent.

Being that the design is available as a prefab, the prefab should be updated with a fixed version. Or the check to see if a gun is blocked could consider the actual geometry of the gun and the block in front of it, but I suspect that would be a bit more involved.

8. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Rear Admiral

Are we talking HV Spotlight or CV Spotlight?

raditz likes this.
  9. Fisch050

Fisch050 Lieutenant

Mode: ( Survival)

SERVER NAME: (If the issue happened on a public server, please add the name here)
    SEED-ID: 3308115

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: No

Reproducibility: (Not sure)
    Severity: ( Major)

Type: Docking (SV to CV)

Summary: SV would not dock to CV it had left a few minutes earlier

Description: In the Zehines(?) system (system between Alien Outpost and the water world temperate planet), we "landed" at the trading post (I carefully set the CV on one of the docking pads). Question: Did the game change such that gravity generators now stack? Because gravity on the trading post was YUUUUGE! We couldn't jump, and very small falls resulted in very large damage. The trading post has four gravity generators.

We left the trading post, and flew the CV a short distance away. I then flew a SV down to the planet. I came back to the CV. I could not dock. I tried to dock in the hangar. No go. I tried to dock on the roof. No go. We flew down to the planet surface. I tried to dock again. No go. Funny thing - all the other ships were docking just fine. It was just my ship that couldn't dock. It repaired fine, but it would not dock.

Steps to Reproduce: Not sure

Screenshots, Crash Logs, any other Relevant Information or Download links:

Attached Files:

10. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Rear Admiral

As best as I know, Gravity Generator effects do stack with each other. This is a big part of the reason why "Gravity Cannons" can work.

Did ya check the Faction on the SV? Last I remember there is still surviving Bugs that can cause unauthorized Faction Changes on stuff at seemingly random times outta nowhere for seemingly no reason at all whatsoever that force the SV Pilot to have to go into the Control Panel & fix it.

11. Pantera

Pantera Rear Admiral

When you have issues with the weapons firing on this particular SV which direction or directions are you moving in when they stop working properly ?

12. Supercrab

Supercrab Lieutenant

i found a bug that keeps happening, sometimes when i use my scope, or right click to bring up the color/texturemanue from the color/tecture toor, it lags and goes back . the sniper scope wiggles like crazy and the color/texture manue shuts down, when that happens i cannot properly use the scope, and i cannot choose my color for the color tool, i have to wait. this happens in both my single and multiplayer games, and i know my mouse is not broken becuase it works fine in everything else. this bug only bappens somtimes but its annoyiing when it happenes

13. Pantera

Pantera Rear Admiral

Steps to reproduce ?

Can you show this behaviour in a video ?

14. vxsote

vxsote Lieutenant

As far as I remember, there was no direction or movement associated with the problem.

15. Pantera

Pantera Rear Admiral

Sorry I should have been more clear.
    After removing the thin blocks infront of the gatling weapons when moving backwards does they stop firing ?

16. vxsote

vxsote Lieutenant

Once I removed the blocks, I didn't notice the problem anymore. But I also don't do a lot of backwards flying and shooting, so I will have to test that specifically to be sure.

17. The Dirt Wizard

The Dirt Wizard Commander

My offline protection devices are not showing in the control panel of my CV. Also not in the device list, and not accidentally misplaced in another group. I confirmed it is actually there. I also placed another one on the bridge and took a screenshot of the CP saying Offline Protection: No, with the OLP visible in the background. Tested in PVP playfiield. The animation shows the OLP turning. I gotta be missing something.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1117685571

18. raditz

raditz Ensign

I realized it works, except, not the way it does in any video game, i.e. it's counter-intuitive. It's a TOGGLE, not a press & hold functionality...
    Recommended:
    1, As long as the key is HELD == freelook; as soon as the key is released == cam jumps back to default view / angle
    2, Should also work in FPS / 'on foot' to look around while running
    extra: the way it works still can be a thing: if the player releases the freelook button within (e.g.) 200ms, so just taps it, freelook TOGGLEs, otherwise #1 above (same way some FPS games work with zooming, e.g. ARMA. tap == toggle, press & hold == button up to release)
    mega-extra: could work with zooming as well, especially for sniper rifles: tap == toggle, press&hold == keep zooming until [key] gets released.

BONUS BUG!
    Harvester Module can only be fit on a HV without rotating it. As soon as it was rotated, the 'use key' is not displayed on the action bar, i.e. device cannot be selected and started/operated by "firing" with it;
    Recommended: as long as the blades looking away from the body of the HV they should work, yet they shouldn't otherwise (not even when the item was not rotated at all, but was fit at a wrong spot).

FYI: I tried to create a HV with loads of drills on the front (done without trouble), and as an extra, a Harv.Mod. on the back, so I can reverse into trees if I want to farm down a few logs on the way home. Or make space if I FAIL in parallel parking; now... I couldn't do this...

additional, super-interesting details:
    I call my HV "Duggy" (for being a dapper dan and digging holes) and it's extremely cute.
    It is near-homophone to "buggy" (with a "b"), which is also very true, especially for HVs <-- criticism. noun. the expression of disapproval of someone or something on the basis of perceived faults or mistakes <-- sarcastic. adjective. marked by or given to using irony in order to mock or convey contempt <-- humour. noun. the quality of being amusing or comic, especially as expressed in literature or speech <-- Wall Of Text. expression. An intimidatingly large block of writing, particularly one with few or no paragraph breaks. If Oscar Wilde was still alive, we would be BFFs. I need to sleep. Over & out.

19. Siege Inc.

Siege Inc. Captain

Mode: Creative
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: No
    Reproducibility: Unable
    Severity: Minor

Type: Blueprints

Summary: Some of my blueprints have become bugged. First noticed it 8/21, Monday.

Description: I can't update a few of my published blueprints. The ones that are bugged have a question mark next to them and the update button is greyed out. The blueprint folders seem to be labeled correctly. Most are ones that I haven't touched recently. I tried changing the name of the blueprint on Steam but that didn't help.

I've included a zipped folder of the affected blueprints.

Attached Files:

20. PsiKat

PsiKat Ensign

Mode: (Survival)

Alpha 6.6.1
    Severity: (Minor)

Type: (re-load error)

Summary: SV Rockets reloaded when full of ammo

Description: Spawned a new SV that had 5 gatling guns and 4 rocket launchers. loaded 200 rockets and 3000 15mm into the ammo box. Manually re-loaded the the rocket launchers and then the gatlings. My ammo crate now has 140 rockets. Switched back to the rocket launchers and fired at a POI. The rocket launchers re-loaded themselves before firing and 60 rocket were removed from my ammo crate now only 80.

Tyrax Lightning and raditz like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.