Global Gameplay Bug Reports: Alpha 6.6.x

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Hummel-o-War, Aug 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Supercrab

Supercrab Lieutenant

umm how? anyway it happens when you right click to bring up the scope while your running. or when you bring up the color choice panel from the color tool randomly

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  2. Pantera

Pantera Rear Admiral

You can use playstv to make any video recording for video demonstrations of issues http://plays.tv/ its easy to use.
    The issue you report is something I can't say we have heard off a demonstration to see what is happening we be helpful.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2017
    Tyrax Lightning and Supercrab like this.
  3. wolfe

wolfe Ensign

When playing with no hud you cant use the scope on the T2 sniper rifle, it doesnt line up properly

4. Pantera

Pantera Rear Admiral

This is known with the HUD removed no scopes work correctly currently.

5. Gordholm

Gordholm Moderator

i also appreciate this post and effort Raditz put in to his posts but i suggest listen to Pantera since he is right about it split them up and put suggestions where they belong otherwhise they just get lost. :)

6. Supercrab

Supercrab Lieutenant

i willl try to cath the bug again

Tyrax Lightning and Pantera like this.
  7. Pantera

Pantera Rear Admiral

Thanks!

8. PsiKat

PsiKat Ensign

Mode: (Survival)

Reproducibility: (Always)
    Severity: (Trivial)

Type: (Generators )

Summary: When you put fuel packs into Oxygen/Water/Hydro generator you get extra time if you shift click,

Description: If you shift click when you put fuel packs into Oxygen/Water/Hydro generator you get extra time, one pack worth. If I put 2 Fusion Cells into a Hydro generator, one at a time, I get about 8 hrs. If I Shift-click on a stack of 2 I get 12 hrs. It does not consume a cell so you can remove the cells you Shift-clicked in. I filled 10 Hydro generator with those 2 Fusion Cells and still had the cells at the end and all generators ran for 4 hrs.

9. Pantera

Pantera Rear Admiral

This only happens in SP correct ?
    MP appears unaffected.

10. vxsote

vxsote Lieutenant

Mode: Survival

SERVER NAME: Official U.S. Server and Paragon Expanse

Reproducibility: Sometimes
    Severity: Major

Type: Despawn / Garbage Cleanup

Summary: De-cored vessels despawn almost immediately.

Description:

Sometimes, right after I destroy the core on an enemy ship, it despawns within a few seconds. I've had this happen half a dozen times now, but I don't know how to consistently reproduce it. It definitely happens with CVs, and I think I've seen it happen with HVs, SVs, and maybe BAs as well. I think it's possible this is happening after I destroy a core with ship-mounted weapons from a distance, having not closely approached the enemy ship while out of my seat.

What I suspect is happening (and this is just a guess) is perhaps the CV has not been "visited" in a long time (I don't know exactly what the criteria for this is), and when the core is destroyed, it does not consider that to be a visit and the ship is then garbage collected because the timer for un-cored ships is short and was already exceeded.

I cannot easily test ways to recreate this because people tend not to advertise where they left ships in PvP and when they last touched them. I raided a small outpost last night and the CV despawned but the BA didn't. We had been inside the BA on foot before we found the core. The CV was destroyed by turret fire from a distance. On a previous occasion, I drove my CV up next to another CV and shot only the core using one of my turrets from ~50m away, and it almost immediately despawned.

This is a problem because I can't loot or capture stuff if it vanishes before I even get out of my seat.

Tyrax Lightning and demolish50 like this.
  11. Mortlath

Mortlath Lieutenant

I believe it is common to drive vehicles for extended periods of time in the freelook view (using the arrow keys to rotate). Holding a key the whole time would be tedious.

12. Fisch050

Fisch050 Lieutenant

Hi Tyrax! Yes, I did check the faction. It was the same as the CV.

13. blkdeath75

blkdeath75 Ensign

SERVER NAME: Angry Gamers(private home run server)

Reproducibility: Not Possible
    Severity: Major

Type: Corrupt Game File

Summary: Host and Myself DC, comeback to new game/Akua wiped

Vanilla server no mods other than a couple CV BP's from workshop, no custom planets.

Description: We attacked the Alien Outpost in space, killed everything and core, looted for over 30 minutes then server crashed. I was able to relog same spot, the host was not so lucky. His player file appeared to be deleted, and upon respawning at Akua I went back to meet him to discover all our work there was gone as well. Only thing left were autominers and water/hydrogen/oxygen generators. All ships, bases(including other factions bases on Akua) had been removed(like they were deleted).

The server is hosted on its own stack with a quad core 4.0 and 32GB of ram and nothing else running on the machine other than Windows server files. We are using the dedicated files from steam tools and all ran great with zero issues until 6.6.1 when we started losing random ships upon exiting cockpit then they would show halfway across map. We had a CV spawned from a workshop BP just never appear on spawn. Random server crashes on 5 occasions. Then this today.

We tried restarting but the file was the same with no bases. We tried reloading a save from Friday which worked but we lost a weeks worth of work. Then finally tried copying files from the corrupt file to the save game file only to have it revert to the no bases map.

After all of this we said screw it and deleted everything, restarted the server from scratch, played for 20 minutes, and it crashed again with nothing even built or mined yet(couldn't even find Iron in 20-30 minutes but found other nodes).

Sorry about the font, copy pasted report format.

14. PsiKat

PsiKat Ensign

Sorry, can only test SP

15. Maurizio

Maurizio Ensign

Hello

Mode: (Survival)
    Game: (Single player)
    MODS: (Vanilla)
    Scenario: (Default)

Reproducible: (Always)
    Severity: (Irritating)

Type: (Ghost AI CV's )

Summary: Encountered AI CV's are ghosts, They do not attack me and I can not attack them, Bullets/Missiles go straight through.

I've been playing Single player Survival in Easy on the Default scenario, starter playing in Alpha 6.5, now 6.6, and a few days ago I took my CV in space above Akua and encountered a Carrier, I could shoot at and destroy the drones it spawned but I could not hit the carrier, and my turrets would not target it. I could also fly through it.

Now yesterday I was flying around Omicron and found my first planetary AI CV, and again it would not attack me, and I could not attack it, also I could fly straight through it, with CV and SV. The AI CV then followed me around for a few hours until I flew back to space to get away from it.

Steam Link to another player with the same issue..
    https://steamcommunity.com/app/383120/discussions/2/1456202492175028720/

16. raditz

raditz Ensign

This is why I added it would be nice to have both - in assumption it sometimes come handy; on the other hand, press&hold is important for a quick look around, especially in a firefight. Thanks for your reply ;)

17. raditz

raditz Ensign

BUILD: Alpha 6.6.1, 1202
    GAME MODE: Survival

Forgot to add the other day: I bumped into a "Class 1 Freighter" around Maiy the other day. It was flying peacfully to neverland.
    It didn't have any colliders so I could just fly through it, didn't shoot at me and I couldn't do anything with it (boarding, ninjaing cargo, shooting apart, etc). It was disturbing.

EDIT: SINGLE PLAYER (so it's a KNOWN ISSUE) [see below, TY Pantera for adding this!)

Last edited: Aug 24, 2017
  18. Pantera

Pantera Rear Admiral

Single player ?
    If yes this is known.
    Thanks.

Tyrax Lightning and raditz like this.
  19. raditz

raditz Ensign

BUILD: Alpha 6.6.1, 1211
    GAME MODE: Survival

Missions again... If one doesn't place the item was named in the mission, but any alteration, the quest will never complete... E.g. place a cockpit: must be the default one (1st/default skin), o2 gen: must be a small one, generator, must be T1, and so on. sloppy.

20. Cabel

Cabel Ensign

SEED-ID: 'Aestus Orbit' with seed 669699

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: No

Reproducibility: Always
    Severity: Minor

Type: Portals

Summary: Portal becomes 'locked' after single use

Description:
    I noticed this issue after one successful 'jump'. Second time, the portal did not work. I can reset the portal configuration using the console commands but I get a portal that seems to take the configuration (turns blue) but when you try to walk through it it is like trying to walk through a solid wall block (nothing happens, avatar just stops in front of the portal). This is happening when trying to portal from BA Crusald Orbital using a Portal renamed CrusaldPortal1 to [email protected] Base:Akua. Not sure if this is a bug, a 'feature', or operator error. ;^)

Steps to Reproduce: Tried deleting the portal and started over, same thing happens.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.