Global Gameplay Bug Reports: Alpha 6.7.x

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by EleonGameStudios, Aug 24, 2017.

1. EleonGameStudios

EleonGameStudios Developer
    Staff Member

• Developer
    PLEASE read the FAQs before reporting bugs that may just be gameplay changes.

[READ FIRST] Alpha 6.0 - Gameplay FAQ
    [READ FIRST] Alpha 6.0 - FAQ for BUILDERS
    [READ FIRST] Alpha 6.0 - FAQ for MP & CUSTOMIZATION & SCENARIO

-----------------
    PLEASE REPORT crashes, CoQ, freezes over here:

- Game crashes/Freezes at START Menu/Access Violation (0xc0000005) over here: http://empyriononline.com/threads/p...start-menu-access-violation-0xc0000005.11617/

PLEASE REPORT issues that do not relate to a GLOBAL gameplay mechanic, but are due to the setup of a scenario over here:

- Issues with SCENARIO "Dawn of Galaxy": http://empyriononline.com/threads/official-scenario-dawn-of-the-galaxy.12058/
    - Issues with SCENARIO "Invaders vs. Defenders": http://empyriononline.com/threads/official-scenario-invaders-vs-defenders.12060/
    - Issues with TUTORIAL: http://empyriononline.com/threads/official-scenario-tutorial.12059/

-----------------

PLEASE READ FIRST!!

1. If you haven an issue with a Base or Vessel with temperature, radiation, colliders, can-not-dock, o2 or plants not growing or anything that happens without anything else in the game world is directly affected, please ADD THE BLUEPRINT or the SAVEGAME and add an info if SP or MP! If you want to add your savegame, please upload your savegame to a cloud host (like dropbox, google,..) and add a LINK to your report

2. If you having issues with something missing from your planet, spawned in the wrong place or anything that keeps being broken after resuming a savegame PLEASE UPLOAD the savegame to a cloud host (like dropbox, google etc) and add a LINK in your bug report

3. If you CRASHED with a message "Continue or Quit" on a SP or MP game, PLEASE ALWAYS add the corresponding CLIENT.LOG file! You can find it in the /LOGS folder with the appropriate version name (e.g. version folder with 1022 is for version 6.x build 1022). Please do NOT copy the contents of the Client.log files to this thread!

IF you are the server owner, please zip the corresponding LOGS folder of your server and attach it to the bug-report as well!

4. If you CRASHED back to desktop (empyion.exe does not work anymore) do the same as in (3.).

5. If you game FREEZES (locked up), please make a note that this is a FREEZE (not a "Crash"). Add the same files as in 3. and maybe add a dxdiag as well.

6. If you try to host a COOP SERVER and run into any issues like CoQ or Crashes, please ALSO send in not only the Client.log, but the most recent logfile of your COOP SERVER, starting with Client_AsPf_

THANKS A LOT FOR YOUR SUPPORT! :)

-------------------------------------

COOP TROUBLESHOOTING

IF you have problems with setting up a COOP SERVER, you might also want to try this before reporting your issue:

Presets:
    - Make sure your Windows UAC control is always showing and not set to "Do not notify".
    - Make sure, STEAM is not run as Admin (Click on desktop icon > details > compatibility mode > uncheck Run As Admin if checked)
    - Make sure ONLY the EmpyrionDedicated.exe is set to "run as admin" and NONE of the others is! Especially make sure the EmpyrionLauncher.exe is NOT run as admin! (Check > rmb > properties > compatibility > make sure "run as admin" is not checked
    - Make sure EAC is OFF. You need to go to options > MISC and deactivate EAC and THEN quit and restart the game for this setting to take effect!

Troubleshooting (Crash/Error when starting or connecting to Coop Server)

1. Go to ..\Empyrion - Galactic Survival\
    2. Delete all .exe files (EmpyrionLauncher.exe , EmpyrionDedicated.exe, Empyrion.exe, EACLauncher.exe)
    3. Verify game files via STEAM
    4. Restart PC

6. Go to ..\Empyrion - Galactic Survival
    7. Check the four .exe files:
    7.1 Visual Icons > ONLY the EmpyrionDedicated.exe should have the "shield" for running as admin!! 7.2 Technical > Check each .exe with RMB > properties > Compatibility to make sure, only the DedicatedLauncher.exe is run as admin and NONE of the others!
    8. If ANY of the three .exe files show the Admin-shield or are still set to Admin in the settings,
    8.1. open the files > RMB > properties > Compatibility > Remove check for "Run as admin"
    8.2 Now DELETE the file (do NOT restart the PC)
    8.3 Now verify game files via Steam (do NOT restart the PC)
    8.4. Repeat this until only the EmpyrionDedicated.exe shows "run as admin"

>> In 80% of all cases, the COOP issue relates to a Windows UAC + Steam verify issue and should be fixed this way.

---------------------------------------

Post your GAMEPLAY BUGS here using the following template:

Mode: (Creative, Survival)

SERVER NAME: (If the issue happened on a public server, please add the name here)
    SEED-ID: (Please always add the SEED-ID for SingleplayerSurvival games; Open the console. The Seed is noted somewhere to the "playfield loaded" dialogue)

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: Yes/No/DontKnow (<- YES if new planets or non-default playfields are used. Use DontKnow if you are not aware if anything has been changed)

Reproducibility: (Always, Sometimes, Unable)
    Severity: (Trivial, Minor, Major, Crash)

Type: (Global / O2Rooms / Temperature,Radiation / Player Armor,Boosters / Repair / Teleport,Portals / Instances / Triggers,Sensors / AIVessels / Gamestart / ... )

Summary:

Description:

Steps to Reproduce:

Screenshots, Crash Logs, any other Relevant Information or Download links:

2. PsiKat

PsiKat Ensign

Not sure if this is a bug or by design but when I put the new t1 Pulse Rifle into the factory, it no longer gives back the advanced rife kit. In 6.6.x the old Pulse rife did.

I almost posted a bug report on the pulse rifle no longer having a scope, but I see that there is a scope on the t2.

3. Pantera

Pantera Rear Admiral

Looking at the recipe for making a T1 or T2 Pulse Rifle there is no advanced rifle kit needed to make them.

20170824115209_1.jpg 20170824115211_1.jpg

4. Myrmidon

Myrmidon Commander

Mode: Survival

SEED-ID: 2017
    If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: Yes

Reproducibility: Always
    Severity: Major

Type: Terrain on Akua & Omicron, possible to other basic terains

Summary: The photos attached display the terrain problem

Description: The save game was created on 8th of August with whatever Empyrion version was by that time, using the Eresius Universe Fixs scenario from steam workshop. Left Akua & Omicron before 13th of August so before the Eresius Universe Fixs author updated the relevant scenario on steam workshop. Visited on Omicron & Akua again today only to find on both planets the terrain being produced/rendered funny as shown on the photos.

Temporary solution from my side : Remove any stuff from the planets and fly back on Orbit playfield. Delete the ie the Akua playfield (planet) from the save game folder. Re enter Akua and respawn player Base etc. This step is not included in the 7zip file uploaded & included in my bug report.

"Fun fact" : Might be irrelevant but, I had the same problem with a very old save created during start of version 5. The same problem appeared when version 6 was introduced. I did play this old save again one last time at 6th of July and the problem was gone from Akua. The playfields where not modified.

Steps to Reproduce: Unknown

Screenshots, Crash Logs, any other Relevant Information or Download links:

Eresius_Universe_08_Aug.7z Eresius_Universe_08_Aug_2017-08-24_13-34-03.png Eresius_Universe_08_Aug_2017-08-24_13-32-18.png Eresius_Universe_08_Aug_2017-08-24_13-21-43.png Eresius_Universe_08_Aug_2017-08-24_13-19-46.png Eresius_Universe_08_Aug_2017-08-24_13-19-44.png Eresius_Universe_08_Aug_2017-08-24_13-19-28.png Eresius_Universe_08_Aug_2017-08-24_13-18-36.png

5. Pantera

Pantera Rear Admiral

When on this planet did you switch from survival to creative mode then back to survival with the console command ?

6. Myrmidon

Myrmidon Commander

That happen on 8th or 9th of August for first time. Then for sure I remember I did it again on 13th August. But everything was fine until then at least on Akua for sure.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2017
  7. Pantera

Pantera Rear Admiral

When changing from survival to creative then back to survival via the console command this can happen sometimes. I recommend not to use the command in a save game you are playing in. Not sure if this can be fixed.

8. Myrmidon

Myrmidon Commander

Thank you for the info. I will try to keep that in mind.

9. AndyH

AndyH Lieutenant

Not sure if bug or not. Either way it should be noted:
    Texture #2 (plain metal lacking detailed patterning) appears not to apply ANY texture profile at all with the 6.7 update. Only coloring is being applied.

[​IMG]

10. Gordholm

Gordholm Moderator

could you please add a step by step reproduction use case since it is unclear whats the issue here and i have had no issues at all appls textures or color to blocks yet

11. Siege Inc.

Siege Inc. Captain

Mode: Creative
    SERVER NAME: N/A
    SEED-ID: N/A
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: No
    Reproducibility: Sometimes
    Severity: Minor

Type: Symmetry tool

Summary: Some objects still not working correctly with the symmetry tool.

Description: Symbols not mirroring correctly(YZ plane). I've run into this a couple times where I'm trying to rotate an existing symbol and they're doing opposite things on each side of the symmetry plane. Up/down facing when it's on a vertical surface. Left/right facing on a horizontal one.

Walkway Railing Slope left/right not working with the paint tool on the YZ symmetry plane.Kitchen counter and Bathroom vanity not working with paint/symmetry plane either.

TEST_2017-08-24_10-01-48.png TEST_2017-08-24_10-03-00.png

Last edited: Aug 28, 2017
    The Dirt Wizard likes this.
  12. AndyH

AndyH Lieutenant

Never mind. Had to go into godmode (got called away to resolve other player's bugs which are known) to see the microscopic texturing, but its there and this belongs in feedback. Thanks for the quick response! Please ignore or delete to keep things tidy.

13. Narpason

Narpason Ensign

[RESOLVED]
    Mode: Survival

SERVER NAME: Eleon Studios - Official EU Server
    SEED-ID:

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: Yes, has some planets added

Reproducibility: Always
    Severity: Severe

Type: EAC kick

This is a report from previous version, updated with new logs, since the bug persists and I am out of ideas.
    I am unable to join any MP server since 6.5.3; this issue persists in 6.7, no matter if official, EAC-protected, trusted etc.; getting stuck at 'connecting'. After couple minutes of waiting error message pops up - screen attached. EAC is on. Client log uploaded

So far only way for me to actually play the game was to buy login through VPN, but that dose not solve the underlying issue.

Edit: it indeed was an IP issue.I asked my ISP for a new IP and I can connect normally again. I am leaving it here so it may help anyone with a similar problem.
    [RESOLVED]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 25, 2017
  14. Atola

Atola Commander

15. Pantera

Pantera Rear Admiral

Can you attach the CV that has the / in the triangle count from here ?
    http://empyriononline.com/threads/a...-and-road-to-alpha-7.12796/page-5#post-153845

When ever I look at any vessel in the BP list or in the factory only 1 triangle count shows not 2 like yours.

A fix has been put out for this on EXP here http://empyriononline.com/threads/alpha-experimental-6-7-0-patch.12816/

Can you confirm if its still happening for you ?

Last edited: Aug 25, 2017
  16. PsiKat

PsiKat Ensign

Well that will teach me to do more research before I post. ;) I was still thinking of 6.6

Pantera, thank you for educating me ... again ...

17. PsiKat

PsiKat Ensign

Mode: (Survival)

Reproducibility: (Sometimes - Very rare)
    Severity: (Minor)

Type: (State not fully saved. )

Summary: There are times when quest states are not saved.

Description: On my 6.7 and 6.6 playthroughs I have had issues with quest (F1 - Solo) steps not being saved. Kill spider - see I have credit (check mark) - exit game. When I restore game, the check-mark is gone but the meat and parts I got off it are still in my inventory. I know of this happening 3 time now and I think more but can't confirm. Now it is not every time, in fact it is rare but it does happen. Now if a do a hard save (back up) before exiting I never have had an issue.

Side question, when will the solo missions get fixed for other starting planets? It makes no sense to be on Omicron and to have the Akua Huntsman/Night be precursors for your local quests.

18. demolish50

demolish50 Lieutenant

Mode: (Survival)

SERVER NAME: (Paragon Expanse, US Official)
    SEED-ID: (multiple seeds)

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: Yes

Reproducibility: (Sometimes)
    Severity: (Minor)

Type: (Harvesting)

Summary:
    Sometimes when harvesting items such as pentax and/or plants they do not despawn. When this happens players can just keep picking the same item thousands of times.

Steps to Reproduce:
    Fly around and keep picking until you find a bugged one.

19. demolish50

demolish50 Lieutenant

I had a very similar issue caused by changing the world seed & the planet seed. You can apparently only do one, not both. If you changed the planet seed you'll have to reset the playfield to fix it.

20. Pantera

Pantera Rear Admiral

This is a known issue & afaik is not easy to fix.