Global Gameplay Bug Reports: Alpha 6.7.x

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by EleonGameStudios, Aug 24, 2017.

1. Atola

Atola Commander

Singleplayer, nothing changed etc. - Trivial to Major.

When using Windows 10 GAME Mode, the game (graphics) stutters. From what I understand about how it works (Microsoft Game mode) this means that Windows is having trouble associating some processes with the game... it thinks they belong to something else....

The game is unplayable to me with the stutter, but as long as you know whats causing it so you can turn it off its not an issue. Provided you have a system that can play the game...

2. Atola

Atola Commander

Singleplayer, nothing changed - Minor.

Trying to find some sathium...

Available Resources as shown on the "Map" of "Omicron Moon" do not match what is shown in the "Sector map" for "Omicron Moon".

seed 226974

3. SilvRav

SilvRav Captain

Mode: MP

SERVER NAME: - SADED_PVPE-
    SEED-ID: MP

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: Yes

Reproducibility: 50/50
    Severity: medium

Type: Sdrone spawning

Summary:

Drones when spawning clumps together and get stuck...they can thus not roam and attach bases

Description: s.a.

Steps to Reproduce:

Join server, look for drones

Screenshots, Crash Logs, any other Relevant Information or Download links:

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd....736/227D8457331F34240DC1E50E60E401D08224F3E0/

4. Guy-with-Mic

Guy-with-Mic Ensign

Mode: Survival

SERVER NAME: N/A
    SEED-ID: 768833

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: No

Reproducibility: Always
    Severity: Major

Type: Sensors

Summary:

If you pause the game while using the interactive motion sensor, you can no longer move, pause the game, or quit the game

Description:

Steps to Reproduce:

1. Place a motion sensor
    2. Enter the interactive configuration
    3. Pause the game, i.e. press the pause key
    4. Unpause the game, i.e. press the pause key again.
    5. Press the excape key
    6. You can't move or go the the main menu.
    7. Press alt-f4. You're taken to the main menu and the game is saved (hurrah)
    8. Exit to the top level menu
    9. Click on exit. This does nothing
    10. Kill the game with task manager

Screenshots, Crash Logs, any other Relevant Information or Download links:

Attached Files:

5. Pantera

Pantera Rear Admiral

Unable to reproduce this when I press the pause key the 2nd time to unpause the game unpauses fine for me & I can continue playing fine.

6. Supercrab

Supercrab Lieutenant

Most really anoying bugs gone except the known bug where your ship randomly turns off, your RCS, and everything. Happened to me in middle of a POI raid, and i figured out it only happens when you check your control pannel while in flight. Anyway lets just say my ship got blown up befor i was able to turn things back on :(

Mortlath likes this.
  7. Nogitsune

Nogitsune Commander

In the past when I got 'ghost blocks' like that, I did manage to remove them by mirroring multi-block sized things so that the 'root block' is in free spot but another portion of the mirrored block fills the position of the 'ghost block'. I'm not sure if it works anymore though, after the recent fixes to mirroring (I think it only worked because the mirroring bug was allowing some items to replace anything previously held in the mirrored position). The 'ghost blocks' as far as I remember did persist in blueprints, so making a blueprint and respawning the structure wouldn't help (unless you have BP prior to corruption, and can spawn the uncorrupted version from it of course).

Explosive device has splash damage, so blowing several of them up on the adjacent block would be worth testing if the corrupted BP is too large to redo from scratch. Another thing to try (if possible), would be to build around the ghost block, turn on structural integrity, and then remove the connecting blocks to let that portion of the structure collapse.

8. Elfias

Elfias Commander

SERVER NAME: ---
    SEED-ID: 971 524
    If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: No, vanilla

Reproducibility: Always, after inside POI Spaceport
    Severity: Major

Type: Shooting through walls

Summary: Shooting through walls

Description: Probably Zirak shooting through walls as they love to do, wasnt able to find other possible source as sentries

Steps to Reproduce: Coordinates: -3369, 28, -555 inside Spaceport POI

Short video: https://plik.root.gg/file/Oi9mbkIHAAqbjoHr/j5k8I44l9J6c5E12/probably zirax again.flv

Kill all Zirax, I wish you good luck with somehow fixing this once and for all.

Btw trapdoors in this and probably other POIs can push you inside blocks so you became like Zirax, shooting through walls.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2017
  9. JoshTGW

JoshTGW Ensign

Game Crashed! No other idea why it would crash since my GPU is up-to-date and I know it's not because of the memory. If anyone can help, that would be greatly appreciated.
    Update: Tried again to see if anything changed, this time the crash wasn't delayed by 5 minutes, more like 30 seconds. New crash report added! PLEASE HELP!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 7, 2017
  10. Гифт

Гифт Ensign

I'm having issues with my CV's top directional speeds being capped very low. previously I could reach 91.5ms in space left or right now cant get over 16.3ms. Ive messed around with adding thrusters and messing with ship mass. Adding mass had no effect on top speed, but adding more thrusters in one direction adversely affected thrust in the other directions. The lower cap can effect any direction depending on some unknown variable, such as possibly adding more engines/thrust in other directions or same direction. Now new CV I build seem to have this issue to.
    Here is a link to my ship I first noticed the issue with:
    http://empyriononline.com/threads/ship-engine-lateral-performace.12899/

Thank you,

11. FabioZumbi12

FabioZumbi12 Ensign

Hi,

The reflections and bloom seems to be amazing, but sometimesits are very exaggerated. Reflections quality is off and bloom is off too. See this image:
    [​IMG]

And plus, the block decal is in low resolution:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The texture option is in max quality.

12. Doc 2

Doc 2 Lieutenant

MAJOR BUG FOUND!!
    sorry I tried to report this in 6.6 but the forum post was locked.
    I hope this is a simple fix btw, should be.
    Blueprint names beginning after letter O or S just cannot be found
    I have alot of blueprints.
    I am not sure what the process of clearning, copying, and backing them all up is however.
    I have noticed when I download a blueprint starting with say the letter T, my blueprint, screen
    will simply not scroll past O, or also S, as If I dont have the blueprint. Now I now it updated,
    Also I know I have the file in my game folder.
    Simply them does not allow me to scroll down, to find this blueprint, in my game.
    Let's do a test, the one I want now, is an SV, name starts with Val
    so because it is after O or S it just wont scroll down.
    Now I will go into my actual BP download folder to verify the file exists,
    (blueprints location)( SteamLibrary\steamapps\workshop\content\383120 )
    I did a search for Val , and sure enough it came up, also sort by date modified,
    came up with the folder - 950141718 inside folder was the new Val blueprint I downloaded.
    I will now restart my game just to verify, the game has registered it, even though I know the file is there,
    and the game should already be displaying the BP upload_2017-9-9_15-54-42.png
    When i click on the blueprints tab, under the downloads section, It doesnt show me any blueprints past the letter O
    When I click on the blueprints tab under SV again, it stops at O then continues to show me the prefabs.
    upload_2017-9-9_15-56-6.png

So lets look at what is happening here.
    How many? there are 173 folders in this folder.
    Firstly we have the large numbers
    If I sort the folders by name the smallest number is 614,691,279 641 million
    the largest folder is 1,115,125,651 1 billion
    The folder in question is folder number - 950,141,748 950 million
    Some people have often suggested that oh, you just need to clear your blueprints folder.
    Ok, so lets say i do that, and remove all of these blueprints, then re-download the blueprint.
    Ok so I was right, no changes. I removed all the blueprints from that folder,
    then I re-downloaded the BP I checked the actual folder to verify that it exists, and it does.
    heres what my screen looks like
    upload_2017-9-9_16-8-9.png
    as you can see, I apparently have no BPs because this one begins with the letter V.
    ok lets test that. Now I will download one that starts with O
    upload_2017-9-9_16-10-2.png
    and the theory has proven to be factual scientific data.
    The game will not display any name of downloaded blueprint that begins with any letter after O
    please fix this, or tell me steps to repair it myself.
    Furthermore, I believe this is a DEV side bug, whereas I shouldnt have to clear my folders, to see downloaded BPs
    but that is just my opinion.

13. Vëo

Vëo Ensign

When i Disasseble a Cockpit Blocs CV, it disappear at all. I cannot find it in my invectory...

14. rucky

rucky Captain

If you have more than 100 BP from Workshop then these will not shown (but I don't know which, alphabetic, date, don't know).
    But you should check whether you have more than 100 subscribed.
    This seems to be a Steam Workshop limitation, not the Devs.
    Workyound: Blueprint some in your personal Blueprint list, then revoke your subcripe.

15. Doc 2

Doc 2 Lieutenant

that is false, i removed 173 blueprints, blueprint starting with V did not show,
    then downloaded BP starting with O it showed up, your claim, is FALSE! sorry, please read my post entirely!

16. krazzykid2006

krazzykid2006 Commander

His claim about there being a limit of 100 subscribed blueprints is not false, it's a steam limitation.

I'm pretty sure that's 100 spread across all games you use by the way

rucky likes this.
  17. Balsm

Balsm Ensign

The game basically just closes on me and when I try to start the game again there are zero servers in the list for about 5-10mins. Once the server shows up in the list again I'm still unable to connect. Game will freeze or boot me back to the main menu.

From some reason the first time I log in the evening the game runs great. It seems to start after about 1-2h ingame. Very weird...

Does anyone have any idea what my issue might be? As of last night can't connect to my buddies server at all. Is it possibly something with my router port forwarding? I'm clueless when it comes to internet stuffs

Tried reinstalling steam and EMP. Made sure i have win7 sp1 and updated graphics driver's. Are there any changes to make to routers at all to connect to servers or am I completely looking at the wrong issue?

18. Ramachandra

Ramachandra Commander

Key binding still an existing problem. I can not set the right CTRL key for Down.

19. Chaiban

Chaiban Ensign

SERVER NAME: FunkyTown
    SEED-ID: 9784533

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: No. currently DoG playthru but happens on others as well.

Reproducibility: Random when alone, always when with others
    Severity: Crash

Type: Space playfields and movement/perspective

Summary: Game crashes on me in space. Specially when other are present in the same playfield

Description: It seems random. I have had it happen when I go to 3rd person, when using the personal drone, while flying, while standing still, using jet pack or not, in a gravity field or not, in an atmosphere or not.

Steps to Reproduce: I don't know but it seems to mostly happen in space playfields and even more so with other players in the same playfield.

Attached Files:

20. Doc 2

Doc 2 Lieutenant

This is a fact? you have proven this 100%? or you are simply repeating what somebody else said?
    regardless lets assume what you say is true. Let's assume what you say is a fact, which I do not believe.
    Then it is still a major bug because. If I have 500 blueprints, and I download beginning with the letters:
    P, Q, R, S, T, U, V, X, Y, Z will not show up, but If I download one beginning with O, it shows up.
    This is a major game fault, not intended by the devs, they will see my post, and most likely fix it.
    Doesn't require, "Forum Saviors" to come in here and tell me my bug is illegitimate, and then spout,
    off, second hand "workarounds" When you both obviously don't even understand the situation on the level that I do.
    That is for the devs to decide. You are not helping, you are not helpful, and just please stop what your doing.
    Again this isn't the post where people ask "please help me!" This is the "bug report" section.
    I didn't ask for you help, your help is not required, or necessary.
    Now in your scenario, I should remove all blueprints, to test, it. (leaving pre-fabs of course)
    Then try to download a BP starting with say V or something.
    Then according to your 5th-hand information, which you haven't verified yourself,
    you say it will appear. Let's say you are correct. What does that mean?
    This means that EMPYRION, doesn't know how to handle files, after a certain number,
    and so the reason my BPs after V are not displaying, is because there are just too many,
    and EMP, is confused. Ok. So this tells us that the solution if for the devs to create a handling system for this event.
    So if said 100 max BP limit, confuses the system, It should then make another folder, outside of the game, and basically
    backup, all of your BPS, and essentially clearing the folder. The BPS are saved, and the folder is now cleared.
    This should therefore be a DEV side fix, for the game to properly handle this issue.
    Again, it should not matter if I have 10, 100, 1000, or 10,000 BPs the game must have a way to handle certain events,
    and obviously this is a case, where they have yet to do so.
    Furthermore, by you, suggesting "workarounds" and think you are "helping" you are blinded by your own ignorance to realize,
    you are actually making the problem worse. Then you would say "oh but I reported it" Really? did you?
    Did you do a good job of reporting it? or did you actually just hear someone else say "It's been reported" be clear.
    And make sure 100% that you yourself reported this issue in your own post, to make sure that they fix it.
    This is how problems get solved, by pointing out the issues, and not making excuses like "oh thats a steam side issue"
    Well no, from my documentation, of my experience, here, I would say, it is definitely not a steam side issue.
    Just to be clear, when you have a problem, dont use a work-around, simply communicate your issue clearly to the devs,
    so they can then get on it. And when some "Forum Savior/Troll" attempts to appease you with "oh just try this"
    Tell him to clearly F-off, and explain how by him suggesting this, he is making the problem, worse, by not getting the issue solved.
    Point being, get issues solved, through proper communication to the right people.