Global Gameplay Bug Reports: Alpha 6.7.x

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by EleonGameStudios, Aug 24, 2017.

1. Pantera

Pantera Rear Admiral

@Doc 2 How many total blueprints are you subscribed to on the steam workshop currently ?

When you are subscribed to too many odd things like this will happen. Get your subscribed BP's down to 100 or lower & the BP's that you are subscribed to should show fine. I have just tested this myself when subscribing to over 150 returning to 100 & everything was fine.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2017
    rucky and krazzykid2006 like this.
  2. rucky

rucky Captain

You should tell him additionally, that he has to close the Game client after revoking the blueprints from Steam AND too after descriping (again) as the game client has sometimes problems, even not showing ANY subscriped blueprints if not closed and restarted.
    (this indeed seems to be a bug in the game code but with easy workaround)

3. rucky

rucky Captain

I think this Bug is already known. Seldom but known, right?

I've just got TELEPORTET into SPACE.
    SP Seed 500000, Aestus
    a lot was going on here (30++ Drones in short order, pics at "What did you do last Summer" - Thread)
    shuttering a lot, then PUFF

and...

__SURVIVAL___2017-09-13_18-51-49.png
    check the distance....

4. vicomt

vicomt Captain

Workshop blueprint integration is broken. I published Vasara (http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1133322003) yesterday

Today I cannot update the workshop blueprint, the only options I get are Spawn and Rename, the icon for the blueprint is shown below
    [​IMG]
    This has been reported before and various reasons have been posited as to what the problem is, with some success, but it persists.

Losing access to some of our old designs is painful, but losing access to something I uploaded yesterday? Come On. This needs fixing.

All work was done on a private creative mode dedicated server (including all publish and blueprint commands)

I am on the experimental branch, and if that is a possible cause, I don't know, it may be, but it shouldn't.

[Edit]
    The other BP's that I have that are broken are:

SMLegacy-Humpback
    SMLegacy_Leatherback
    Wraith Mk1

Ooj has about half a dozen of our frontier pack buildings that are likewise affected

Last edited: Sep 13, 2017
    Siege Inc. and oojimaflip like this.
  5. oojimaflip

oojimaflip Captain

Do Not Like :(
    I've been holding off publishing anything for fear of this bug striking.
    Lot's of things have been said, none of the supposed fixes are valid, the lack of any real information and a seeming lack of interest in this quite serious bug is giving me cause for concern. Uploading blueprints is broken, pretty confident the Devs know this, but maybe they don't know how to fix it because they don't know how they broke it?

6. Doc 2

Doc 2 Lieutenant

@Pantera @rucky i understand what you are saying, once more, I did not come here for "this is how you work around our broken game" suggestions. I came here to have a problem, fixed, because I have proven, that this is not a "steam limitation" Apparently My evidence was not clear enough, So I will once more explain my evidence, of how I have proven the game is the broken part not steam. I will write this in my next post, I dont have time to deal with this right now.

7. SilvRav

SilvRav Captain

Mode: MP

SERVER NAME: - SADED_PVPE-
    SEED-ID: MP

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: Yes

Reproducibility: 50/50
    Severity: High

Type: Disappearing interactive items (ships, asterouds, POI's etc)

Summary:

Have had it twice now where a playfield bugs out (one was modified and one was an original playfield) where all items dissapear (player ships, asteroids, POIS) etc. A server restart generally resolves the issues. a side note, the players in tht playfield also got kicked and had to rejoin

Description: s.a.

Steps to Reproduce:

Not sure.

Screenshots, Crash Logs, any other Relevant Information or Download links:

[​IMG]

8. Pantera

Pantera Rear Admiral

There is no need to post about this again I have already asked the devs about this & if there is a way to allow more BP's but its not looking like the 100 limit will change atleast in the near future afaik.

Also keep in mind this game is in alpha & still along way to go.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2017
  9. Pantera

Pantera Rear Admiral

Are you able to reproduce this every time you upload something or is it only randomly happening ?
    Can you attach the client log from when this one happened ?

10. vicomt

vicomt Captain

it's not every time, we've been able to upload some BP's perfectly fine. I can't say it's random, but I don't know what triggers it.
    I may have the client log, I'll check when I get back from work

11. Phoenix 3

Phoenix 3 Ensign

Mode: Survival

SERVER NAME: Far Horizon
    SEED-ID: 836750

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: No

Reproducibility: Always
    Severity: Trivial

Type: LCD Panels

Summary: LCD Panels not updating after initial edit

Description: Same as summary

Steps to Reproduce: Edit LCD panel, leave area where LCD is, going far enough that LCD area unloads, come back to area LCD is in, edit LCD (will not update without a relog).

Screenshots, Crash Logs, any other Relevant Information or Download links:
    NOTE: Leaving the playfield and coming back did not cause the bug to manifest.
    NOTE: this affects all LCD panels in the area.
    Video DL(MP4 format, 552MB): https://www.dropbox.com/s/u9owv5si7...actic Survival 9_14_2017 10_44_46 AM.mp4?dl=0

12. vicomt

vicomt Captain

client log for the Vasara BP creation attached.

Attached Files:

13. Dragont

Dragont Ensign

Hi developers, on planets the patrol ships have transparent textures. I.e. in them you fail and weapon shoots through them. This problem wanders from the version to the version and isn't solved. If you have made "Flying Dutchman", give to players the chance normally to interact with them. :)

14. Fienyx

Fienyx Lieutenant

Severity: Major

Type: Creatures

Summary: Creatures follow the player into the water. They first ride along the top, then spin circles, lowering to the player. They can do this over and over to the deepest part of any body of water. I really don't have an issue with them following, but the issue arises due to the fact there's no weapons to use in this situation. The 3 screenshots are all under water.

NewGame_2017-09-14_14-25-42.png NewGame_2017-09-14_14-25-46.png NewGame_2017-09-14_14-25-52.png

15. jmcburn

jmcburn Captain

Build 1213

MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: Yes

Severity: Minor

Summary: Creating a minimalistic space playfield without any DroneBase, in the start menu when selecting the playfield, you get a COQ.

Description:
    If you click on a space playfield in the startmenu, that has no dronebase in it, you get a COQ. If you click on continue here, the playfield loads just fine and it seems, you don't need a dronebase. It's just the game selector menu, that thinks you do. :D

enclosed the minimalistic playfield with and without drone base.

/jmc

Attached Files:

16. Phoenix 3

Phoenix 3 Ensign

SERVER NAME: Far Horizon
    SEED-ID: 836750

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: No

Severity: Major

Type: HV Docking

Summary: HV created from BP in factory will not dock to BA or CV

Description: Same as summary

Steps to Reproduce: Create HV from BP in Factory, place in world, park on BA or CV, HV will not dock

Screenshots, Crash Logs, any other Relevant Information:
    NOTE: Manually created HVs will not show this issue.
    NOTE: I made sure the factions were set properly.
    NOTE: Saved my manually created HV as a BP and created in factory, resulted in an HV that CAN dock. Stock BP HVs and Workshop HVs still will not dock.
    NOTE (12:24PM CDT): If I modify stock and workshop HVs by removing their docking pads and re-adding them they can then dock to CV and BA.
    Video (First two HVs are created from BP, last HV was manually created)(MP4 format/186MB): https://www.dropbox.com/s/37ikihqphtqjvq6/Empyrion - Galactic Survival 9_15_2017 10_56_50 AM.mp4?dl=0

Last edited: Sep 15, 2017
  17. SilvRav

SilvRav Captain

I've noticed if you remove the landing gear and reapply them it sometimes sorts the issue. Work around till they fix it

18. Doc 2

Doc 2 Lieutenant

my evidence of the game being the victim and not steam, is simply 1 thing.
    let me describe the issue. - There are two folder I know of in which blueprints exist.
    1. blueprints in which I have downloaded - 173 folders
    1a. location - \steamapps\workshop\content\383120
    2. blueprints in which I have saved - 201 folders
    2a location - steamapps\common\Empyrion - Galactic Survival\Saves\Blueprints\76561198256411037
    the total I have is 374 BPs either saved, or downloaded.
    This issue I have noted, is different from any other, that has been posted, regarding not seeing other blueprints,
    yet somewhat similar. And seems to always get lumped into the common misconception known as
    the "1oo BP steam limitation" I dont know anything about this, that is why I call it a misconception.
    My problem is obviously different because:
    1. I can still download blueprints, and they appear fine, Even though I have 173 DL BPs
    2. some BPs do not show up, only if they begin with the letter after O: P,Q,R,S,T,U,V,W,X,Y,Z

Q1: How do you know this is not a "steam limitation" ?
    1. Well through basic science and reasoning. If this were a steam issue, I would not be able, to get the file from steam, etc.
    However I have noticed one small yet VERY significant fact. Every BP that I dl beginning before the letter O, shows fine, Everything,
    after does not appear.
    2. The file appears in my steam download folder, yet the game does not know/recognize, or display it as valid.
    If this were a steam issue, the opposite would be true, and basically none of the BPs would be able to appear.
    Yet since we know some of them appear, and some of them dont, and that the actual BP file downloaded successfully,
    from steam and is 100% verified to exist, and be in my DL folder, yet my game does not recognize it, tells us that,
    of course, this is not an issue with steam. This is 100% an issue with the game having an issue reading the file for some reason.

3. Of course I could be wrong somehow I am willing to admit that, however the evidence in my favor is overwhelming, so If I were a DEV and I were to try and present that my evidence is false, I would definitely expect 100% evidence of such, and if not feel very stupid.

Once again, if file exists, but game does not read it, is that a steam issue? yes or no?
    If answer is yes please FIX THIS FUCKING ISSUE NOW!
    THIS IS A GAME BREAKING FEATURE AND WE CANNOT CONTINUE PROPER GAME PLAY UNTIL YOU FIX THIS, SERIOUSLY!
    @ALLDEVS

19. Phoenix 3

Phoenix 3 Ensign

Thanks SilvRav, I just saw your reply right after I did that:D

20. Pantera

Pantera Rear Admiral

Just curious & this may not be related but possibly worth a try how old is the save file you are using ?
    The log shows it to be older than 6.6.0. Can you try on a new save B1213 6.7.0 & possibly see if it happens again with some test BP's not ones you intend to be on the workshop like your other BP's.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2017