Grand list of Shards.

Discussion in 'Clans' started by Brokenshakles, Apr 25, 2015.

1. Brokenshakles

Brokenshakles Rear Admiral

Hey guys! Since clans and corps are starting to come together, I think we will start seeing plans for clan servers coming up soon. Now, much of how servers will work is still up in the air, and nothing I say can be taken as the official word, but I believe that there will be a way to connect multiple servers together. If this turns out not to be the case, disregard the following. To make things clear, I Am Not A Dev.

Presuming this is true, I have created a thread for Shards, or groups of servers that make up a single universe. A shard contains servers which are interconnected in the game, share a mod list, a ruleset and a governing body. The idea here is to have a relatively few number of shards with a large server list and player base. Of course, there will be smaller shards based on interest groups (e.g. A Star-Wars alike), but I anticipate that the largest and most popular server collections will be based on original, player and modder driven work.

Please reply in the thread if you want your shard proposal listed here.

List of Shards
    ==========

Official Shard (Empyrion Online)
    ----------------------------------------------
    This is reserved for any "Offical" servers that the devs set up. Presumably the makers of the game will act as the governing body and the mod and rule set will be strictly vanilla. There may be more than one of these.

Iter Vehemens ad Necem (Latin: A Violent Path to Death)
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My own mod shard, I will be publishing a custom mod and rule set for it the general themes are as follows: Hard survival, Easy death, In-depth engineering, realistic ship mechanics, modern to futuristic weapons. Rougelike meets Space Legos meets Dark Sun.

Robofan likes this.
  2. Monteknight

Monteknight Ensign

I don't like that idea personally , you'd think the other players wouldn't have to render other players on the server until within render distance so the servers will be quite large as is, also there would be many bugs with procedurally generated terrain (unless if these shards are pre set up) - at any rate I disagree