GUI

Discussion in 'FAQ & Feedback' started by EleonGameStudios, Jun 26, 2015.

1. EleonGameStudios

EleonGameStudios Developer Staff Member

• Developer
    Waht do you think about current GUI?

Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  2. ObjectZero

ObjectZero Commander

Would still like the "0" on the bar put at the bottom.

3. MrSpades

MrSpades Lieutenant

Would love to be able to double click on items in inventory to fast move item over from ship cargo area over to my inventory.

Hector G, Lhetre, Nymea and 1 other person like this.
  4. toastonrye

toastonrye Ensign

Being able to hover over an item in your player inventory and then push a key 1-9 on the keyboard and have that item move to the corresponding position on the hotbar would be handy. If an item was already in that position, have it swap back into the player inventory.

Lhetre likes this.
  5. Uwe Empyrion

Uwe Empyrion Captain Staff Member

• Developer
    Hold the left shift key when clicking :)

MrSpades likes this.
  6. MrSpades

MrSpades Lieutenant

Awesome I will try that. Thanks.

Flip likes this.
  7. DVD Player

DVD Player Ensign

For the building, it would help a little if you could make it so that you can only look at blocks available for certain vehicles (GV, SV, CV, etc.) just so it's a little more organized at first glance. For the inventory as well, I'd like it for the creative mode if you could just drag stuff from the creative menu to your hotkeys instead of it being automatically added; this would just make it easier to replace things in your lineup instead of having to toss things in the trash first and then click on another thing.

Not saying this is a huge deal and I definitely would live either way; but it's just a little thing that could make it a little better.

Davis likes this.
  8. Browser8

Browser8 Ensign

I think the character in the inventory is a bit strange, i think you should remodel it.

P.S.: Moving items around the UI is bugged

Last edited: Jun 26, 2015
  9. Raptorsorus

Raptorsorus Lieutenant

the ability to cancel an item in the constructor Q would be awsome =D

Davis, Eviscerator and Devlah like this.
  10. MrSpades

MrSpades Lieutenant

Agreed.

Davis likes this.
  11. Axios

Axios Commander

I think there should be events on screen other than blood.. like if you get too hot, you get condensation on screen, and if you get too cold, yoyr screen freezes over

12. ObjectZero

ObjectZero Commander

try running out of food or O2

13. MrSpades

MrSpades Lieutenant

Agreed with Axios. I like that idea as in rust and ARk, there are some cool events like that, that occur.

14. Axios

Axios Commander

Like my status for em to see it lol

15. rusty

rusty Ensign

The UI for the constructors is a little cluttered and unclear.

Also perhaps it could be made clicking with a modifier key an item that you do not have the components for could queue them up.

And a way to remove from the build queue would be superb.

Great fun so far!

Davis and Devlah like this.
  16. H.P. Strangelove

H.P. Strangelove Captain

A few suggestions:

- The toolbelt would be better arranged horizontally across the bottom of the screen. Additionally, tabbed selection that allows for different hotbars (0-9) would help make general item/block selection easier to use and less restrictive. This is very similar to the Space Engineers layout and most longtime SE players would feel right at home with this change.

- The constructor screen is very cramped, somewhat unclear, and not very user-friendly. The screen should be scalable to reduce the amount of recipe/item scrolling and make it easier to read. There needs to be a quicksearch bar for finding items quickly without having to hunt through recipes. Queue order should be swappable and there needs to be an option to cancel a queue. There should be a pop-up toggle that allows the player to enter a specific output amount as well.

Additionally, and this may just be me, but I find the process of making more advanced parts that have item dependencies a bit tedious. Perhaps an upgrade to the constructor that allows for auto-queue of parts needed when clicking on the advanced item would help (provided the raw resources are present). Again, this is very similar to how Space Engineers handles it using assemblers.

- Player inventory could do with a right-click context menu with appropriate options (equip, use, eat, drop, etc,.) in addition to more advanced shift-click options for transfering items. Also a 'sort by type' would be very helpful for reducing general inventory clutter.

- GUI transparency slider please.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2015
  17. mcsproot

mcsproot Commander

Unless I'm missing something (or it isn't implemented yet), there doesn't seem to be any way to remove map markers. For example, I fully dismantled the escape pod and it still showed up on my map. Same with digging up resources, even after I was sure I removed them all, it remained on the map.

Perhaps also a way to set custom map markers, such as 'crashed ship here' etc.

Loden1111, Tyrahl, fractalman and 6 others like this.
  18. Silent_Ninja

Silent_Ninja Commander

What about vice-versa? It's a pain moving each item from your inventory manually to a cargo container. :(

fractalman, Geneticus and Davis like this.
  19. BlackStar7713

BlackStar7713 Lieutenant

I agree with all of your post except this bit. I'm used to playing games with the toolbelt at the bottom, but after a few hours of gameplay, I really prefer it at the side of the screen.
    I can't say anything about the different hotbars though, as I never played SE. Would depend on the integration probably.

Edit:
    I also have a suggestion for the Map:
    1. Being able to hover over a resource deposit to see the name of the ore
    2. Being able to delete the marker for a deposit (for example after clearing it)

Edit2:
    Control Panel:
    I would like the ability to make groups of Items. I have something like 60 lights in my base and I would like to be able to turn for example all outside lights off together. This would also help to clean the Interface of the control panel quite a bit. (Of course it would still be annoying trying to figure out which light is where, but it would only need to be done once per Light)

Last edited: Jun 27, 2015
  20. keith.920tracey

keith.920tracey Ensign

I would like to see the ability to scroll in the inventory, template windows, etc., using the mouse wheel. It would also be helpful to be able to sort and filter inventories.

Hector G, Zedd, Dull Spoon and 3 others like this.