Heat and Radiation

Discussion in 'Questions, Discussions & Feedback' started by Fisch050, Jun 30, 2019.

1. Fisch050

Fisch050 Lieutenant

I'm requesting feedback on my ship design. I put in a warp drive in a SV. It leaks heat and radiation, even though it has blocks all around it. Is this correct? It seems like it shouldn't be leaking two blocks out.

I was under the impression that if we put down glass, it would block the heat and radiation, but it doesn't. I have to put down full one-block cubes to block it. Even then, it doesn't seem to completely cut it off. Is this correct behavior?

Do fuel tanks leak heat? Because I stand next one, and I get a bit of heat, and a bit of radiation. I'm not sure where it's coming from.

I'd like to be able to put down glass, and have the heat and radiation from thrusters, warp drives, and so forth be blocked in full. It looks nice, and requires less room when building.

The pictures have some more details. The save game has the ship.

Thanks for any help and feedback!

Attached Files:

2. Sephrajin

Sephrajin Rear Admiral

Just some general saying on the topic:
    * You need at least a FULL block distance to be protected by heat/rad. (any direction!)
    * Heat is only produced by active 'devices'
    * RAD is there either way (as the Long vessel as such is powered on)
    * SV's are confied spaces be sure to have enough space or blocks to walk around 3x3x3 ; so devices (fuel /o2 aside) should be placed as 6th and 7th block
    * You seem to be standing on a RCS, which due to all that gyroscopic Rotation might get some heat.

hth

Fisch050 likes this.
  3. Fisch050

Fisch050 Lieutenant

@Sephrajin Thank you! That is helpful. I was operating under incorrect assumptions.

Sephrajin likes this.