Heavyweight topic!

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Angus McScrote, Apr 25, 2022.

1. Angus McScrote

Angus McScrote Ensign

Empyrion is awesomness on many levels - there are many little things that will continue needing ironing out - but it is basically awesome to build things and then destroy other things with what you've built. But... but,but,but...

As soon as i start running around on foot I still feel like I'm in a first gen FPS! - purely because there's little to no simulated inertia or feeling of weight. A brief example of what I'm saying is discussed here: https://vintay.medium.com/game-feel-the-impression-of-weight-b80f39767e6b

When I run holding a chaingun I want to know I'm lugging a chaingun - I'm not expecting to be as nimblo as an enemy with a pistol BECAUSE I HAVE A FILTHY GREAT CHAINGUN!

This extends to character movement in general - I just feel I would enjoy the FPS elements a lot more if everything felt like it had a bit more weight? I know on low grav/high grav or space environments this may not be as noticable but when i land on the ground in a standard G setting it would be nice to have just a little 'clumpf' and some camera shake as I land.

In the grand scheme there are many other things to sort first BUT on an immersion front I think a little focus on the 'feel' of the avatar's movement would ease the feeling like super mario hopping about and more like a tooled up space pirate.

It is cool to be able to now crouch though.

Anyone else want to throw their weight behind this?

2. Aaron(Wakfu)

Aaron(Wakfu) Commander

they are fully re-working FPS and movement etc in the end of year update. hopefully since it is a big time investnment, they do it right and do it good. i feel what they have right now is just a basic implementation which hasnt changed much since alpha 1. but since the game as so much content and poi and ground combat now it makes sense to make the FPS more viable, functional and fluid. i enjoy exploring new POI.

otherwise wouldnt find t hings like Maria's hide out.

Angus McScrote likes this.
  3. Angus McScrote

Angus McScrote Ensign

In hindsight I should have read the roadmap for this year - FPS is truly getting some love - most excellent!