Hello I am new here

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Friendly Timo, Aug 8, 2017.

1. Friendly Timo

Friendly Timo Commander

Hello everyone! Just joined into this forum.

Nearing 600 hours of gameplay in Empyrion, last night I was playing together with my wife, Starwing6, and our dear friend Rainyday and they managed to talk me into joining this community. Normally I feel really reserved about joining any social platform but these two convinsed me that there really are a lot of nice people here.

So, I go by name FriendlyTimo, here and in Steam. I choose that name since I am generally friendly towards people by default. Abuse me or my friends and I am not going to be that friendly anymore, ofcourse. I believe it is a good way to proceed in life to treat others as best as you can for the first couple of encounters, and after that, start treating them as they treat you. I try to live by that.

I tend to do some workshop designs and share them in public as I feel that they are good enough for people to benefit from. Most of my designs I do keep private though. I do play and design only for PvE and from now on I will always let you know this in every built that I do in future since I am sick and tired of hearing what a retard I am not burying my ammo boxes 5 layers deep to the combat steel or hiding my thrusters, as if they would be designed to work in a closed metalbox.

Other personal thing about me would be that I am audioengineer and composer. Even though I have professional education on the matter, I do music / audiodesign only as a hobby. Empyrion actually inspired me to compose space themed -soundtracks since I generally like to only do soundtrack -type of music these days, instead of your typical rock/pop/metal -songs.

If you are interested of listening my compositions you can delve into them from the link below:
    http://www.starwingdigital.com/music/

I am looking forward on having some fruitful conversations, fun and good times here and meet some fellow fans of the game.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2017
    Neal, rainyday, oojimaflip and 2 others like this.
  2. En_Ma

En_Ma Commander

Your autocorrect is hilarious :D

Nice to meet you Friendly Timo, I'm quite new as well. Please do not threaten me too much ;)

Friendly Timo likes this.
  3. Friendly Timo

Friendly Timo Commander

Oh I see! Haha that is funny mistake. I could tell it was autocorrect but it was all me. Let me fix it so people don't get a wrong impression of me. :)

4. Kaeser

Kaeser Rear Admiral

Lol

As teddy would say, speak softly and carry a big stick....

5. Starwing6

Starwing6 Captain

I laughed when I read that too! I suppose that is the best way to get to know new people... and sometimes even your wife :D

[​IMG]

@Friendly Timo I'm glad you joined the community! I know you'll enjoy it here :)

6. Friendly Timo

Friendly Timo Commander

It wasn't a threat honey. I have the evidence right here o_O

[​IMG]

7. oojimaflip

oojimaflip Captain

8. Friendly Timo

Friendly Timo Commander

Thank you for the warm welcome Oojimaflip!

oojimaflip likes this.
  9. rainyday

rainyday Rear Admiral

10. ECubed

ECubed Commander

Welcome aboard.

Friendly Timo likes this.
  11. Mobius

Mobius Lieutenant

Hey Friendly Timo! I'm am the composer for Empyrion. I just checked out your music. I enjoyed it! Gives me some good inspiration ;) Do you have a soundcloud or anything that I can listen to more?

Starwing6, Friendly Timo and rainyday like this.
  12. Friendly Timo

Friendly Timo Commander

Hey! Very nice to meet you! I am glad you liked it and I managed to give you some inspiration. You kind of inspired me also so glad to return the favour, eh?

I do have soundcloud account, but that mostly contains same material that is on our website and you can download the songs from our website.

Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/friendlytimo
    Our website is here: http://www.starwingdigital.com/music/

rainyday likes this.