Help Replacing the Trade Station

Discussion in 'The Hangar Bay' started by James Grayson, Jul 30, 2017.

1. James Grayson

James Grayson Lieutenant

I want to replace the Trade Station on Akua in SP with a copy of Seige's Nexus 7 Space Port. I replaced the core with an Admin core, added some trade stations, and added NPC traders etc. I doubled clicked and added the group 'station' and the spawn name 'nexus'. I named it station.epb and put it in the prefab folder.

Now I'm trying to change the temperate playfield yaml but I can't get it to work.

The file for the Akua trade station seems to be named TSP_Akua.epb and the relevant part of the Temperate yaml seems to be as follows:

# Spawn TS Akua and close to it some weakly defended civil settlements
    - GroupName: TS_Akua
    CountMinMax: [ 1, 1 ]
    DroneProb: 0
    DronesMinMax: [ 1, 1 ]
    ReserveCount: 1
    TroopTransport: False
    SpawnPOIAvoid: [DroneBaseAkua, Wreckage]
    POIDistance: 1000
    SpawnResource: ["PromethiumResource:0-2"]
    ResourceDistance: 300
    Properties:
    - Key: Music
    Value: SunnySkies

I tried changing GroupName: TS_Akua to GroupName: station but it didn't work. Akua just had no trade station at all.

Can anyone provide any guidance?

Last edited: Jul 30, 2017
  2. piddlefoot

piddlefoot Rear Admiral

So it should look like this if the group name is station.

- GroupName: station
    CountMinMax: [ 1, 1 ]
    DroneProb: 0
    DronesMinMax: [ 0, 1 ]
    ReserveCount: 0
    TroopTransport: False
    Properties:
    - Key: Music
    Value: SunnySkies
    - Key: MapMarker
    Value: Neutral

The group name is what the game looks for to create the structure.

With Trade Stations you need to be a little careful because the devs have teleporters in them so what happens is, if you change one station you effectively break a link in the teleporter network and what the game might do is throw an internal error, it wont stop the game you can just continue no probs, but the other teleporter that was connected to the station you swapped out will also be broken and if anyone used that teleporter they will crash there local client game.. Then they may not be able to reconnect as they will get message, playfield does not exist or target block does not exist. Something like that it is.

So spawn the Akua TS in creative, go into GODMODE [ u must do this for it to work ] go up to AKUA TS Teleporter look at it, it should display its address to where its going, get a pen write it down letter for letter, place a teleporter on your own new TS you want to use, and put that same address into the teleporter, this will link your TS with the destination that the AKUA TS had.

Should stop all errors.

Needleship likes this.
  3. James Grayson

James Grayson Lieutenant

Thank you. I got it working.