How can i add more alien ships in space?

Discussion in 'The Hangar Bay' started by ZDuB, Feb 27, 2018.

1. ZDuB

ZDuB Ensign

I want to add a lot more enemy CV's and SV's around all the planets orbits.

Can i do this without having to start a new game?

Also can i raise all enemies difficulty without starting a new game?

thanx

2. SilvRav

SilvRav Moderator

Yes you can but you will have to wipe the playfield for the new vessels to take effect.

Alternatively you can spawn them in, and use the aimanager to make them come to live, but this way you will have to keep doing it

3. ZDuB

ZDuB Ensign

thanx

4. Ephoie

Ephoie Captain

Warning: issues may ensue...... its a risk, so be sure to make back-ups prior to doing any mods......
    Editing the playfield.yaml to include POIs, and AI is the best way.
    One has got to be sure they know what folder the playfield.yaml they want these prefab/blueprint (yourprefab.epb) and such in, with the proper coordinates [x, z, y] Spelling and indentations are important here***

But instead of modding the game files for the default settings, you should look into creating a scenario and modding the files under that to preserve the original game settings and if a update happens, it won't overwrite your work....
    ....SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Empyrion - Galactic Survival\Content\Scenarios\"yourcustomscenario"
    If you are running a mp server, copy the default MP scenario, and rename it to something like "ZDUB in space" or whatever.....
    Now, in your server's dedicated.yaml reference your custom scenario under the scenario section... but thats if you are running a server, if not, just worry about setting up a scenario.....
    Now, to preserve your current game and characters, you need to be able to copy the player folder, shared folder and any playfields/templates that you have bases on or just want to keep. Make a backup folder of this stuff for safe keeping, if ya want... keep in mind, if you have a base on a surface and you change a seed, your base could get buried with a new or changed map, so be sure you know whats what, and where it is before you delete anything.

Example: If you haven't built anything or don't care about the structures you made on Akua, go ahead and delete the respective folders under 'Playfields', Templates, and if you have added reference to any playfields in your scenario's sector file, you will want to delete your sector file in the save game folder of your scenario.

Start a new game with the scenario you created with your custom yamls and added structures and aliens..... ... and stop/exit the game after it starts up

Now go into your save games folder for the new game...... and delete the playfields, shared, templates folder, and replace those with the back up folders of your original game's playfeilds, shared, and you can probably pass on the template if you don't change the seeds, or set fixed seeds different than your original settings, or issues may ensue...... its a risk, so be sure to make back-ups prior to doing any mods......

This is brief and just an outline, but if you need any help, message me.