How do you add multiple patrol vessels to playfield_static.yaml?

Discussion in 'Planets & Playfields' started by ravien_ff, Jun 21, 2018.

1. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

I can't figure out the correct way to add multiple planetary patrol vessels to the playfield_static.yaml file. I've tried googling it to no avail. Can anyone give me an example of the correct way to do this?

Thank you!

forbiddenzsky and Mia like this.
  2. Sparrowhawk65

Sparrowhawk65 Captain

I'd be interested too. I had an idea for a planet with two or three PV's floating around causing mayhem. :)

3. Mia

Mia Commander

I'm also interested. :)

4. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

Hope we can find out!

Mia likes this.
  5. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

I thought I was stupid for not figuring out how to do it but it seems I'm not alone.

6. -Bed

-Bed Ensign

I wonder if you ever figured this out. I have configured a playfield with multiple Planet Vessels using Empyrion Playfield designer but I only ever see one vessel on the planet.

7. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

I have not yet. If anyone knows how or has any ideas please share!

8. TheSleuth

TheSleuth Ensign

My initial suspicion would be that there is only one planet vessel base specified in the playfield_static.yaml file. I do not believe multiple vessels can fly out of a single base, so you would need one base for each planet vessel (that's my assumption, at least). I have not tested this personally, though, so I could be woefully mistaken.

9. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

I was able to have multiple patrol vessels in alpha 8 experimental. They seemed to work okay but the console did show a warning message.

I wasn't able to get it working once alpha 8 moved out of experimental though.

10. TheSleuth

TheSleuth Ensign

After running several tests, I believe I've determined this to either be a glitch with the way planet vessels are handled or intentional behavior for balancing purposes. Regardless, multiple bases do not work since the game chooses one as a unique structure (just like it does with drone bases), so I was wrong about that. Even specifying unique Position3D's for each vessel didn't work. I do hope that if it is a glitch, Eleon will be able to fix it when they have time. In the meantime, I guess we'll just have to use the toughest PV's available to ramp up the challenge!

I apologize for not finding a solution, ravien.

11. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

I'm sure it's not intended for there to be a limit of 1. I remember reading that it would be up to the playfield designer to set that.
    Unless there's a technical reason, it's probably just something they haven't gotten around to fixing yet. Alpha 9 looks like it's changing up attack waves and NPC factions so I hope they fix this at the same time.

Thank you for trying!

12. forbiddenzsky

forbiddenzsky Lieutenant

You have a lot of hopes for the 9 version of the game. It remains only to mention that now the alpha version, etc.and the current year is nearing completion.

Previously, they wrote that the number of drone bases can be set more than one and it depends on the admins of the servers. They wrote that should work already now, but would still not works properly. For planets 4 -5 class, frankly, 1 drone base is a small number, as well as 1 patrol ship. In orbit has long been possible to put a few CV (patrol) , and on the planet impossible.
    Where is the logic of this game mechanics?

The question of this topic remains open and it is relevant.

13. Myrmidon

Myrmidon Rear Admiral

Erm....has anyone tested editing the playfield.yaml and replace the name of a drone with the patrol vessel to see what happens?

Example.....DroneBomberAttackBase replace with Patrol-XS-Medium.....:p

14. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

Hmm... what's the worst that could happen? :D

15. Myrmidon

Myrmidon Rear Admiral

The only thing that I consider worst in this game is not be able to load a save game.

16. Fenra369

Fenra369 Commander

So I have managed to get a few PV bases up, what I have noticed is:
    • You can use any BP file in the prefab folder for a PV (this will produce awkward AI behavior, and is not actually functional for a PV)
    • You will have to specify a base for each PV
    • killing the base will prevent the PV from spawning, but eventually it will respawn if the base survives.

17. Myrmidon

Myrmidon Rear Admiral

I was sure about the 3rd one only.No 1 answers negatively my assumptions. No 2 must be new rules changed somewhere in the past.

18. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

Has anyone had any success with this? Everything I've tried has so far on playfield_static.yaml produced errors or only 1 patrol vessel.

19. forbiddenzsky

forbiddenzsky Lieutenant

I think most likely not. Developers do not notice such questions and do not give answers.

20. Needleship

Needleship Master of Custom Terrain

I had once two of them... I think it was like this:
    Use two 'drone bases', with entries at each POI for 'DroneBaseSetup'. (Can be even a junk pile defined as this)

>See LavaNascent.
    Should be:
    DroneBaseSetup: DroneBaseSetup

... The whole info with dronebase will be read a second time, including the PlanetVesselBase-entry.
    Will create two PVs, but they will clump together after a while / share their patrol targets - Probably because they have the same ID.
    Wasn't able to get a PV with a different ID, or with a second PlanetVessel entry...

ravien_ff likes this.