How do you place a POI which is buried in the ground?

Discussion in 'The Hangar Bay' started by amurayiwestgate, Apr 10, 2017.

1. amurayiwestgate

amurayiwestgate Captain

• Developer
    Hi,

I try to build an underground mine POI.

How do you place a POI which is buried in the ground?
    EDIT: In 6.0 you can give a BA (and even a CV which becomes a base) an offset when clicking in your blueprint list (-2, -4, -6 et.c)

Are there limits how deep a POI can be inside the ground?
    EDIT: No

Can you place a base in an angle into the ground?
    EDIT: No info yet.
    EDIT 2: I think it's not working when spawning a POI via a yaml file. As an admin or being in godmode you can set the rotation manually of each building by using
    Code:
    setrotation IDnumber 0,0,5
    But even if you do this in CREATIVE it won't save this setting to THE blueprint/prefab file.

Can you place enemy spawn portals into the alien base if I move it underground?
    EDIT: Yes, but make sure to activate "flatten ground" so the enemies can actually walk around. Otherwise the base is filled with earth.

Thanks!

Last edited: Apr 20, 2017
    Needleship likes this.
  2. stimdealer0001

stimdealer0001 Captain

Wow, three days since you posted this!

Ummm, probably no replies because most of the players don't really know how to do this?

There is only one way that I know of, and that is to simply replace an existing poi's files with your own in the save game's shared folder. The POI will still be at its same underground level since the 'hole' was already dug out when the planet was first generated. As far as angled placement, I don't know, check out the crashed titan's files maybe? (in playfield.yaml, but not certain)

Enemy spawn portals will work as long as the POI is 'initially powered' and is set to alien faction (NOT alien admin)

3. Guru

Guru Captain

I'm not an expert by any means, but I'll add something to what was typed above.
    I would LOVE to be able to place tunnels, cave systems and the like but the game doesn't allow that at this time. It SEEMS to use the same method for placing a POI as the offline protection uses. It just creates a rectangle around the structure and digs out that entire area. Because of this, you can't have a structure that isn't square or rectangle dug out properly and you also can't have a below ground tunnel because it will just extend that invisible rectangle to include that as well.

If anyone can correct that or knows of a way to do what he's asking (other than manually digging) then please inform us.

4. Mclead99

Mclead99 Ensign

Alpha 6 introduced a new feature. This only works on POIs placed by the game, not something you spawn in. After you create the blueprint, double click on it, it will open a window, this allows group name, name, Y Offset and a check box for Flatten. Y Offset must be at least -2 and and an even number.

A little more on this here: http://empyriononline.com/threads/alpha-6-0-feature-question.10630/#post-115873

Last edited: Apr 13, 2017
  5. amurayiwestgate

amurayiwestgate Captain

• Developer
    Wow great to know!