How to add planets to an 'ongoing' game?

Discussion in 'Planets & Playfields' started by Meicree, Sep 5, 2018.

1. Meicree

Meicree Ensign

Hello, I've recently completed making my own planets but I have troubles adding them to my own games. All the posts I've googled up are before the current update/A8. Which means all of them are outdated and don't work. I've heard that you need to create a new scenario in order to do that, is it possible to add planets into a pre-existing save? I'm currently using EmpPlayfieldGenerator V01.06.07. I don't see an option to add planets in that programme either. Thanks, in advance

2. SilvRav

SilvRav Moderator

Yes you can :) you need to add it to your current saved game sector file and copy the planets folders into the root template/playfields folders of where your scenario or custom game pulled from

Meicree likes this.
  3. Meicree

Meicree Ensign

Hmm, how do I get the planet file? Is it the ones with .yaml?

Edit: I don't have a folder with the .dat files for my custom planets.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2018
  4. Myrmidon

Myrmidon Rear Admiral

Edit this file with either Notepad++ or Monodevelop that comes with Unity. You have to make sure your planets coordinates are not matching or be too close to others, you do not want them one on top of the other.

edit this.png

Then copy your planets folders under this folder of your current save game you want to add them. For me it is "Pandora A8...." for you must be your saved game name.

copy your planets in this folder.png

And you are done. Careful with the distances. Do not touch the Sun located at 0.0.0. I think every other planet is located at an offset based on Sun's location.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2018
  5. SilvRav

SilvRav Moderator

YOu just need the Yaml file in the relevant folder....If you made custom maps by changing textures etc it wont currently work in MP as the server dont sync with the client for custom playfields

6. Myrmidon

Myrmidon Rear Admiral

@Meicree I have found a tutorial video by @LiftPizzas, that shows how to add a planet to a current save game. I hope it helps. Just adapt to your save game and planet and you will make it in the end. Good luck.

Empyrion Academy - Add a Nascent Moon to Existing Save

7. Monroe

Monroe Commander

Can you explain what won't work exactly? If you have your custom playfield.yaml in the right folder, your sectors.yaml and gameoptions correct, AND you put your custom terrain.ecf in the folder with your playfield, why won't that planet work in MP?