How to get large BA BP to spawn properly in survival mode?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by NimrodX, Jan 5, 2019.

1. NimrodX

NimrodX Commander

I made a large (50x50 block) base blueprint. It's somewhat big and flat.

This is a problem for non-flat terrain. Testing it in creative mode, it will usually spawn with half of it hanging off the side of a slight hill.

What is the solution to this problem? I tried adding a second layer under the floor to help with this but it doesn't seem to help much.

2. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

I like adding support pillars to most of my builds. You can use something cheap like wood, concrete, or carbon blocks.

I add them every 5 blocks, to be on the safe side in case a pillar gets destroyed.

3. Herensugue

Herensugue Ensign

4. Xango2000

Xango2000 Captain

5. Cleff

Cleff Captain

@NimrodX this right here.
    It's slightly archaic and inefficient but effective to build pillars and support beams (stilts) to raise the blueprint off the ground. Then when spawning use the page down button to bury those pillars as far down as you can without burying your actual base. If you don't like the look of the pillars I recommend filling it in to look like a wall, or just get creative with it. My pillars are anywhere from 4 to 8 blocks tall in most cases.

6. NimrodX

NimrodX Commander

This is what I've been doing, but since I'm making things for survival mode where cost is an issue I usually use less height for the foundation.

How high the foundation needs to be really seems to depend on how large the structure is. A tiny shack only needs one or two blocks of foundation.