How to Regenerate - POI's - Asteroids and Ore Deposits Guide

Discussion in 'Multiplayer Meeting Room' started by Bazslaz, Sep 17, 2020.

1. Bazslaz

Bazslaz Ensign

As an admin you can set POI's, and Asteroids to re-spawn in your gameoptions.yaml file. Planet based ore deposits are handled differently and will be explained below.

IMPORTANT NOTE: The gameoptions.yaml can be found at the top level in the games scenario folder and will be copied over to the savegame folder when starting a new game.

If you have already started a game then edit the file in your savegame folder not in the scenario folder!
    Almost every change in the gameoptions.yaml will require you to reboot the game server to take effect so keep that in mind. In fact anytime you change a .yaml file and are in doubt just reboot the server.

Regenerating Asteroids and POI's

Add the following to your gameoptions.yaml

RegeneratePOIs: true

While you are in the gameoptions.yaml folder you may want to set

DespawnEscapePod: true

So that your planet is not littered with peoples escape pods.

Save your file and exit

POI's
    RegeneratePOIs: true
    is a switch that turns on the ability for the POI or asteroid to regenerate. If you want to change how often this happens you must edit the Playfield.yaml file for that POI or asteroid.

Note 1: There is a random KNOWN BUG with regard to POI's that dev's have not been able to reproduce as of Sep 2020. If you scrap or remove every piece of a POI it may not regenerate. They are recommending people leave at least one block of the POI to avoid that situation.

Note 2: POIs and Asteroids ONLY regenerate if nothing is within 250 meters. If something is within that distance the respawn timer for that item is paused until they leave, the timer is NOT reset only paused.

The frequency of POI / Asteroid regeneration is handled in your Playfield.yaml files. If you do not fully understand how playfield.yaml files are created and are used by the game then go HERE before you make any changes.

Open the appropriate Playfield.yaml and do a search for POI it will take you to the POI section of the file. Look for the POI you wish to change. In the example below the time for the UCHFieldCamp is set to regenerate every 720 real time minutes or once every 12 hours.

Every POI and Asteroid will have a value such as this in its appropriate Playfield.yaml file.
    - Key: RegenAfter
    Value: 720

Edit the Value field with the time you want to set. This field represents real time minutes before the item regenerates. After your edit save the file and restart your server.

If you want to convert hours to minutes you can use an online calculator such as this to do that. https://duckduckgo.com/?q=minutes+to+hours&ia=answer

Sample Example: from a playfield.yaml field
    # ======================= Stage 1 =======================
    - GroupName: UCHFieldCamp #Required for Story: Human Remains
    Faction: Polaris
    Territory: False
    AvoidFactionTerritory: True
    CountMinMax: [ 1, 1 ]
    IsImportant: True
    SpawnPOINear: [START]
    SpawnPOINearRange: [100, 250]
    Properties:
    - Key: MapMarker
    Value: Neutral
    - GroupName: Junksite
    Faction: None
    CountMinMax: [ 4, 8 ]
    SpawnPOINear: [UCHFieldCamp]
    SpawnPOINearRange: [40, 200]
    Properties:
    - Key: MapMarker
    Value: Neutral
    # ======================= Stage 2 =======================

Planet Based Ore Deposits
    Planet based ore deposits DO NOT respawn on their own, they must be manually re-spawned. There are a couple of options to do this.

In your gameoptions.yaml file you can set
    AutoMinerDepletion: false

Setting this value to false will prevent an ore deposit from running out if someone is using an autominer device. If someone uses a drill and cleans out a deposit; then to restore that ore deposit you will need to run the following command from the console assuming you have admin permission to do so.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This command will destroy any operating AutoMiners running in that playfield so I would set this as a scheduled event and warn everyone to pick up their autominers before that time.

Restore Planet Ore Deposit Commands
    Option 1
    Make sure everyone is off the server.
    On your keyboard press the ` key (should be located next to your number 1 key at the top left) This will open the console window and type

wipe PlayfieldName deposit

Example: wipe Hudi deposit would refill all the ore on the planet Hudi.

if you then rebooted your server all of your ore would be back on that playfield, but all the drill holes would still be there. To remove those drill holes and restore Terrain to its natural state. Type

wipe playfieldname terrain
    Example: wipe Hudi terrain this command would restore all the Terrain on planet Hudi

NOTE: This command restores all terrain on the planet and removes ANY terrain device like Autominers if not picked up before hand. It also ignores bases so if people have a base and cleared dirt off their landing pad it would NOT put the dirt back on their base landing pad.

Once you have entered these commands restart your server and everything should be restored.
    In Single Player Mode you can just exit the game and return.

Option 2
    A. STOP YOUR SERVER
    B. Delete the following files and folders from the appropriate scenario save games playfields. Example Path for me would be:
    SteamCMD\steamapps\common\Empyrion - Dedicated Server\Saves\Games\MyScenario\Playfields\MyPlanet

Deleting World.dat - Restores Ore Deposits
    Deleting Plantlife.dat - Restores Plants and Ground Color
    Deleting Decoration.dat - Restores Rocks and Trees
    Deleting Areas Folder - Restores Terrain and Holes

IMPORTANT NOTE: DO NOT Delete Ent.dat that file contains all player information. If you delete that file all player items will be deleted in that playfield including bases.

C. Restart Server

Note: Option 2 would require players to remove dirt from around their bases that they removed previously, but is better than doing a server wipe which forces everyone to start from scratch.

NOTE: Any time you edit a yaml file always test it before you save the file and start your server:
    You can use the Yaml tester site do check for errors http://www.yamllint.com

Last edited: Dec 17, 2020
  2. Thodin O Gondrafn

Thodin O Gondrafn Lieutenant

Hi,
    schön zu sehen, das sich jemand die Mühe macht, im Detail diverse Einstellungen zu erleutern. Bitte weiter so ;).
    PS: "wipe playfieldname terrain" ignoriert zwar die eigenen Basen, stellt aber in dem unterirdischen Teil die Erdschichten wieder her.
    Oder hat sich das mit v1.x geändert?
    --
    Hi,
    nice to see that someone takes the trouble to explain various settings in detail. Please continue ;).
    PS: "wipe playfieldname terrain" ignores its own bases, but restores the layers of the earth in the underground part.
    Or has that changed with v1.x?

3. Bazslaz

Bazslaz Ensign

Thank you for the complement Thodin, I have more documents coming but have been busy learning how to create custom POIs and Traders. I dont want to post additional documents until I am sure I understand what I am doing as I dont want to post bad information to the community. But I will be posting more information as soon as I get done upgrading my servers and changes to 1.3.x

4. Romongerr

Romongerr Ensign

Yes, Big Thank you. /e Bows before you chanting "we're not worthy..." =D