[HOW TO] Signals setup for teleporters & shields

Discussion in 'Experimental Features Discussion' started by Pantera, Apr 21, 2020.

1. Pantera

Pantera Administrator Staff Member

• Developer
    A useful tip for teleporters, shields & signals:
    1) Turn the Shield switch ON in the control panel's main window

2) Place a motion sensor above a Teleporter & setup the detection area to only cover the Teleporter
    7248 - SVHV Armor locker test_2020-04-21_11-30-56.png

3) Open the control panel go to the Signal Logic window & look for the motion sensor you just

4) Name the sensor signal to anything f.ex: "TP 1" without quotation marks then press enter
    02.png

5) Find the teleporter in the device list whilst still in the Signal logic window, select it then add the "TP 1" signal you just created to the teleporter & leave it set to follow
    03.png

6) Find the Polarised Hull Shield device in the list & select it & also add the "TP 1" signal to it & check the "Invert" box
    04.png

7) Walk in & out of the detection area & walk back into the detection area 1 more time.

When you use the teleporter with this signal setup it will only turn on when you stand on top of the teleporter & the shield will turn off.
    After you have teleported away the teleporter will turn off & the shield will turn back on automatically.

1 extra optional step to this is to add a lever close by the teleporer, create a signal from it (like in step 4 from above) & connect it to the motion sensor leave it in the ON position so the motion sensor can still do the automated turning on & off of the teleporter & shield device or set the lever to the OFF position turn turn the motion sensor OFF so you don't accidentally walk into the motion sensor detection area & turn your shield off ;)
    05.png 06.png

Attached is a demonstration Blueprint setup with the above setup already done.
    Place it in your blueprints folder then extract it:
    Right click on Empyrion in your steam library > Properties > Local files > Browse local files > Saves > Blueprints > YourSteamID
    Start the game then spawn 2 of them in creative mode, add fuel & pentaxid & check out the setup.

If you have any other setups that are better or take in to consideration other devices feel free to share them!

Attached Files:

2. nottrox ¯\ (ツ) /¯

nottrox ¯\ (ツ) /¯ Captain

I love this things that are simple and smart at the same time. :)

Pantera likes this.
  3. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

@Pantera Great Job. Thank You very much!

Pantera likes this.
  4. Kaeser

Kaeser Rear Admiral

So, we can't have the shield ON when teleporting away but we can teleport back in with both the shield on and the teleporter OFF?

nottrox ¯\ (ツ) /¯ likes this.
  5. Fractalite

Fractalite Rear Admiral

Yeah, I have this question too - if the teleporter turns off, how do you return to your ship?

6. Kaeser

Kaeser Rear Admiral

It works of course but it overrides all restrictions we have when teleporting away, we can teleport into an OFF teleporter in a base with a shield ON

This setup just masquerades it because it turns the teleporter and shields accordingly when you teleport in

We just should not have a restriction on the Shield and teleporting into a teleporter that is OFF makes no sense

7. Pantera

Pantera Administrator Staff Member

• Developer
    It gets turned off when you are teleporting when your character is detected by the sensor during the loading screen.
    With this setup it turns back on when you move away from the sensor area that is controlling it.

It was decided to allow a 1 way/1 time teleport to any teleporter that is turned off. Subject to change if the team decides to though.

Also like with the shield when your character is detected by the sensor as you are loading in the TP gets turned on.

8. Kaeser

Kaeser Rear Admiral

I'v tested and I can teleport to an OFF teleporter in a base with a shield ON with no sensors controlling neither of them

And there's just one problem with such setup, if someone in MP sets a teleporter to public in a private base with a shield ON, whomever teleports in becomes a prisoner

And he only needs to name his base "Trading Station" to get unwary players locked in

Last edited: Apr 22, 2020
    nottrox ¯\ (ツ) /¯ likes this.
  9. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

In the Info provided for the New Teleporter it was clearly stated-
    that you can not Teleport to a Device of another Player who is NOT in the same Faction as you are.
    that you can only teleport to a NPC Faction you are at least Friendly with and have their Base seen or used their Teleporter to "dial home".

There are a few constraints of course.
    • You can NOT teleport to another PLAYER or PLAYER FACTIONS teleporters! You can only use your own teleporters, those of your faction and from NPC factions you are at least in a friendly state.
    • It is not possible to teleport FROM or teleport TO a CV that is currently MOVING
    • It is not possible to use a CV or BA teleporter (as outgoing-transport) when
      a) shields are active
      b) the structure is under fire (cooldown of 20seconds after last “hit”)
    Incoming teleports currently can end on devices that are off or behind a shield - of course only if you ‘allowed’ to use the teleporter as a target.

If there is any condition that denies you to use a teleport target, its destination simply will not show in the teleporter target overview.

Germanicus said:
    @Hummel-o-War I assume those Transporters, i.e., those in friendly NPC Faction Bases, are only listed if the Player stepped once on the Platform and "dialed home"! And not only be Friends with them and be able to access all available locations in the Stars System? :eek:o_O

Hummel-o-War:
    You need to have visited their station or at least discovered it.

Does this clarify it for you ... a bit;):)

10. stubert812

stubert812 Lieutenant

I like this thank you I would have never thought of this myself will past the word on.:)

Germanicus likes this.
  11. StyxAnnihilator

StyxAnnihilator Captain

Avoid spaces in names, use - or _ or something, less chance of issues due to forgot ' ' :D

Germanicus likes this.
  12. Khazul

Khazul Rear Admiral

If you were to change that - I REALLY hope it is something we can reverse in config files and not a hard code.

13. Khazul

Khazul Rear Admiral

If this is to be encouraged practice, I have to echo someone elses suggestion of building the sensor into the teleporter - ie make the teleporter a pressure pad sensor as well.

builder680 likes this.
  14. BlueStar

BlueStar Ensign

It doesn't work reliably. Sometimes it refuses to turn off the teleporter once you teleport. I tested it today after it failed once; I refilled my fuel to 100% (4 large fuel tanks), 2 hours later I returned and all power was drained and there is nothing in my base other than this teleporter that can drain it this fast. I lost a lot of fuel and some food this way. I wish I could temporarily disable energy usage for it in some file.

Wellingtoon likes this.
  15. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

You can using a custom config.ecf file.

16. BlueStar

BlueStar Ensign

I just returned to inform people that I was able to edit it in config.ecf, but thanks anyway ravien_ff ;)

ravien_ff likes this.
  17. I've noticed this too. I believe sometimes the playfield is unloading before the sensor/signal gets updated to turn off the teleporter.
    It should be an easy fix for them to keep the playfield loaded for a little longer to avoid this issue.

Wellingtoon likes this.
  18. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

Now if only the power usage was modified for the base game too... :D

19. BlueStar

BlueStar Ensign

It doesn't bother me too much to be honest, because I'm sticking to Alpha 12.3 2891 for now and won't allow Steam to update it, because the developers stated that the Phase 4 update will break the save files, which I don't want since I've put a lot of time in my last game and haven't finished a lot things I planned to do.

20. Khazul

Khazul Rear Admiral

I think it is exactly that - tried using a delay signal to turn the entire base off and that didnt work either.

I flew back to one of the bases to check and surprise surprise - it was still consuming 12.5kpu.

Kind of makes teleporter to outpost that should only be fully powered while you are there a bit useless really as still need to go there in a ship to switch the damn power off, not to mention this makes leaving some supplies in a fridge a waste of time as well as they will go rotten.

Wellingtoon likes this.