How to Slow Down the Personal Drone Mouselook Sensitivity?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nimmanu, Jan 29, 2017.

1. Nimmanu

Nimmanu Lieutenant

Can someone please tell me how to do this? Honestly, right now it's so "responsive" that it makes me feel nauseated when I'm trying to build with it. I cannot seem to manage to target anything smaller than the broad side of a barn, either. :(

Thank you!

medicineman likes this.
  2. rainyday

rainyday Rear Admiral

Im using a mouse where you can easily change the sensitivity. Not sure that if there's any other option at the moment.

3. Nimmanu

Nimmanu Lieutenant

Hmm, I guess I could look into that. I use most games at moderate sensitivity, so I have room to turn it up. Does that effect the way the mouse responds in regular windows, though? I don't really want it less sensitive there.

medicineman likes this.
  4. rainyday

rainyday Rear Admiral

I have MadCat RAT where you can have 4 different sensitivity settings of your choosing that can be changed with a press of a button. Affects all uses of the mouse, yeah.

Can't remember but im sure there's mouse sensitivity settings in game too - I would try first if I would find a good balance in sensitivity between drone and normal use.

But regarding the drone, in the latest 5.2 experimental (coming later as normal update) the drone will stay straight when you use it on planets (doesn't twist on the sides) - so Im guessing it will make the drone feel lot more logical.

5. Frigidman

Frigidman Rear Admiral

In 5.2 the drone does feel a lot better on planets now. Less twitchy and wobbly.

The difference of drone vs player control, is that drone has that added slop to it. It wont stop on a dime, so when you yank the mouse, it will fly past what you wanted it to stop on. Unlike the player control (in 1st person).

The 'slop' could be reduced, honestly. Adjusting your mouse sensitivity wont really help that, other than slow down its response so you can pre-stop sooner than after.

6. Neal

Neal Rear Admiral

I don't use the Drone at all.
    To be honest, i don't see the point in using it anyway. Its causing headache, oversteers and generally feels like being drunk and it can't do anything i couldn't do in 1st person anyway. Not to speak that its range is just laughable.
    If they would remove it entirely, i wouldn't even notice.

PS:
    I just noticed that i sound a bit harsh. It's not meant to. :)
    Cheers!

zaphodikus and medicineman like this.
  7. Frigidman

Frigidman Rear Admiral

We find in Survival working on a new CV in gravity, the drone is mighty helpful. Also useful for touching up hard to reach areas on a base planetside, when trying to get there yourself with the jetpack is pretty much non-go.

In space, there really isnt much point to the drone.

talamioros, Nimmanu and Siege Inc. like this.
  8. Jerimiah Fleischmann

Third person and the drone seems to ha e a bunch of mouse acceleration tacked on for no reason. Am i missing the place to disable it?

Nimmanu and medicineman like this.
  9. medicineman

medicineman Captain

I use it to get my loot when I die sometimes. Also it's helpful for building, especially planet side building. You can reach stuff better.

Nimmanu likes this.
  10. Neal

Neal Rear Admiral

Who's "we"?
    You build CVs on a planet?
    Weird, but a point...:confused:

To be honest, i have never found myself in a situation where i couldn't reach a position with the player character (+Jetpack).
    But whatever... if some ppl prefer to use the drone, i'll be the last to object.

11. binhthuy71

binhthuy71 Rear Admiral

The drone is useful to me for looking around corners and scouting generally when I'm raiding and alien POI. It's also handy for building a base and for salvaging.

rainyday likes this.
  12. Frigidman

Frigidman Rear Admiral

"We" be coop people who play together. Which is not "you", because you were not invited.
    "We" build CV's on a planet in a dock area of our bases.
    "We" build bases on the planets, never in space.
    "We" play the game how we like. You play it the way you like. No one is wrong in how they find enjoyment within EGS.
    "We" find that with gravity, and areas high up, off ledges, or otherwise tricky places, it is easier to build, paint, and texture with the drone.

Well, not anymore that is. Since the PVP'rs bitched about drones opening containers... so now the drones are fucking useless pieces of garbage.

lactobeezor and Neal like this.
  13. Neal

Neal Rear Admiral

Charming.
    Cheers!

14. zaphodikus

zaphodikus Captain

I find the drone makes me ill, its' a choice, I find it "cute".
    And just like the motorbike, it's a necessary game mechanic that you need for specific tasks only, but can use for other things.

Neal likes this.
  15. Nimmanu

Nimmanu Lieutenant

I find the drone helps me place high up blocks that go on top of other blocks... Well, sometimes. If I can target it while the view wobbles and bobbles. If I'm placing big squares, it helps, but trying to target narrow wall blocks with it is gratingly difficult.

The crosshairs are above it... No, below it... No, above it... Okay, okay, super extremely itsy bitsy microscopic movement of the mouse.... OH, overshot it again!! *Slam head on desk a few times* Must. Make. Tiny, tiny, tiny motion... Are you kidding me!?! Come ON, I just want to place a block, man!

Jumping is pretty much the same scene, lol.

I suppose i could just never use small block shapes... that'll fix it... I like using the "wall" shape. Because, you know, I'm making walls.

But there are so many, many problems with the wall shape anyway. Like no exterior corner, as an example. Like lights stick to them, floating out in midair, that is, on one side.

I appreciate that other people may find this sort of parkour building style fun. I do understand that some may find exceptionally fine mouse movements easy Peasy. Yet, I also doubt that I'm the only one who finds both to be frustrating and at times "turn the game of and walk away for now" worthy.

16. zaphodikus

zaphodikus Captain

1. If the drone annoys you, play minecraft for a few days, everyone builds scaffolding.
    2. If it's not a personal hangup with "cheating" in an early access game, turn on the fly mode, if you cannot turn on fly mode, either build stuff in space, or build in creative and blueprint it.
    3. If that is not working for you, see option 1
    Or just don't use the drone. Not everyone likes strawberry jam on cheese, some like jam on peanut-butter, finding your particular jam is the path to true happiness.

binhthuy71 likes this.
  17. Nimmanu

Nimmanu Lieutenant

If we all took the nonsensical notion that, "If you don't like a feature in an early access game, shut your face and don't effing use it," then Devs would never know what to fix.

Pure and simple, the drone can very easily be made useful to a far larger number of players. Huge numbers of people should not have to cheat in order to do something that a feature is intended to address, but fails to. "Just don't use it, then" is not a legitimate response to this issue.

18. Neal

Neal Rear Admiral

In order to make the drone a useful alternative, it needs two things changed (in my opinion).
    1. Improved handling. No more sluggishness, make it react EXACT like mouse movement.
    2. Greater range.