How to spawn items into survival mode?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Quinn, Dec 21, 2016.

1. Quinn

Quinn Ensign

My friends and I are trying to find a way to spawn autominer cores into our survival mode server to avoid the hell of the new HV mining. Is there a way to do this?

So far my best idea has been to spawn a POI full of dozens of alien containers and taking the cores from the randomized loot in them, but that seems to be a fairly labor intensive way of doing it.

2. Dinkelsen

Dinkelsen Captain

Need to be admin.

Open console
    Type itemmenu
    Close console
    Press H

Usually all items are in this menu. Not sure about cores, though.

3. ZipSnipe

ZipSnipe Commander

Thank you for posting this, I lost two of my explorer tokens and was unable to get my no cpu core(the final prize that tokens give you)

4. VulcanTourist

VulcanTourist Lieutenant

FYI, with a bit of modding you could make it a permanent feature of your gameplay by adding some autominer cores to the inventory that you start the game with via the escape pod (LootGroups.ecf and/or Containers.ecf); if you want this to be the case regardless of difficulty chosen, then best would be to add a Name_1 entry to container ID 35 in Containers.ecf, which is the Escape Pod. You could also add it to the loot group StartingEquipment_NewStart in LootGroups.ecf, because that is already listed there (and otherwise empty with everything commented-out). If you need it to be specific to certain difficulties, then your only route is adding to it one of the difficulty-specific groups in FootGroups.ecf.

Or... you can modify the existing template for them to make them actually craftable (and require a few more components than just steel):
    Code:
    /* templates so some items can be recycled */
    { +Template Name: AutoMinerCore
      DeconOverride: Stop
      CraftTime: 20
      Target: "SurvC,SmallC,HoverC,BaseC,LargeC,AdvC"                               # (blank)
      { Child Inputs
        SteelPlate: 3                                                               # 10
        Electronics: 2                                                              # ADDED
        Computer: 2                                                                 # ADDED
        OpticalFiber: 2                                                             # ADDED
        EnergyMatrix: 1                                                             # ADDED
      }
    }

They're like a miniature Core to control just a single device, so that seems reasonable.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2022