How to transfer an "old" Alpha 12 experimental game over to stable?

Discussion in 'Planets & Playfields' started by Druckwelle, Jun 19, 2020.

1. Druckwelle

Druckwelle Ensign

Hi,

Played thru experimental a survival game on a Temperate starter planet called Diupaan.
    Seed:482950

Wanted to start again with stable Alpha12 and same seed. But all i get is the planet name. Yet i'm on a different planet. Via console i figured out the game has a global seed (see above) and a playfield seed. The playfield seed is now different in my new game. Is there a way to force my new game into the right seeds and recreating the exact same planet? I would need playfield seed 130344.
    So far i found nothing helpful.

Many thanks.

2. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

It is advised by the Devs to start a new game - with A12 Public a lot of not before implemented Changes and Bugfixes have gone live.
    To use a save from EXP in Public can lead to massive Bugs and CoQs

3. Myrmidon

Myrmidon Rear Admiral

How about you try the following :

1. Get all your stuff from the planet to the orbit. This way you get out of the playfield.
    2. Make backup of save game and exit it. Use the disk icon via escape to create copy, or copy through resume game menu.
    3. Exit Empyrion and open two folders of the A12 Exp save and the main A12 save.
    4. On the A12 Exp save folder find the playfield and copy it to the playfield folder of the A12 save.
    5. Return to the game and if it loads go back to the planet see how things are there.

If all goes well, play long and prosper. If not you have a backup and use this to continue to play if you like. Someone with more knowledge of playfields and seeds please correct me and/or advice further. I use this method when I want to do a "fresh start" of the playfield but never tried between Exp and public releases and never cared about playfield seeds. "Fresh start" per playfield I am sure involves many things than just POI and resource positions etc.

4. Druckwelle

Druckwelle Ensign

That i can try Myrmidon. No need to fly anything into orbit because all of my stuff is from workshop and i made screenshots of my boxes. During Experimental i already did this. Moving my stuff from old save to new game this way.

@Germanicus i started a new game. I don't want to continue a old one. All i want is to use my old seed and start again on MY planet Diupaan and then bring in my assets again. Until release of stable i just used the right seed for my new game,picked my planet and one crash later i was again on my planet. Isn't working now.

Germanicus likes this.
  5. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

If its a SP Survival you can help yourself by making Screenshots of all your Containers and belongings. Your Bases as BPs and Vessels also.
    Open a new game, open Console, enter im for item menu and "give" yourself what you had before.
    BP: Chose the BP you want to have and type into Console fbp. 2sec later you spawn the Building or Vessel.

6. Myrmidon

Myrmidon Rear Admiral

Or just overwrite copying from old save to new one to get all the inventory. There is a guide for this by one of the developers here on forums and on youtube by @LiftPizzas (academy playlist or something like that).

7. Druckwelle

Druckwelle Ensign

Copying playfields and templates did not work. I´ll start a new game and play from start again.

Germanicus likes this.