How to turn off email notifications?

Discussion in 'Other Discussion' started by WolfEyes, Apr 29, 2018.

1. WolfEyes

WolfEyes Captain

I've gone into my forum settings and turned off everything I can find even remotely related to getting email notices every time someone posts in a thread I've posted in. My email inbox is still being flooded. How do I make it stop? What am I missing?

2. Kassonnade

Kassonnade Rear Admiral

I somewhow still have "watched threads" although I never subscribed to anything like that... Try to uncheck everything without locking you out of here !

3. Click on your name at the top, and on the left side of the page click on watched threads.
    On this page will be a link that says show all watched threads, click it.
    Click the check box for every thread then click the drop down box at the bottom and select disable email notification. Make sure to click the go button for it to work.

Now go back to your account and this time select preferences on the middle left. Unselect the checkbox next to "and receive email notifications of replies" if it's checked.

Should fix you.
    If you manually watch any threads be sure to select not to receive emails.

Edit
    With that combo of settings you will still automatically watch any threads you post in or create. You will no longer get email notifications from replies/posts, but you will get notifications in the top right of the page.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 29, 2018
  4. WolfEyes

WolfEyes Captain

I already picked all 300 flowers! I mean pixel sticks! I mean fibers! :p

Kassonnade likes this.
  5. WolfEyes

WolfEyes Captain

That did it! Thank you very much!

Oh and what I did was on the dropdown, I selected to stop watching all threads first then went back to watched threads and disabled notifications. I'd done everything else.

Thanks again!

Kassonnade likes this.