Help needed Human/Alien Crew Guards

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Vaping_Dragon, Jan 18, 2022.

1. Vaping_Dragon

Vaping_Dragon Ensign

Hi folks!

I've been playing on a dedicated server using the Reforged Eden scenario with a couple of friends for a while now.

I recently purchased a couple of crew members (1 of each), and used the guard block from both. I know I've seen guard crew patrolling around in a base and was hoping that this would be the case on my CV as well. But it seems as they just want to stand there, is there a trick to getting them to patrol?

I realize they are just deco and I don't want to interact with them or even have them perform any specific task, just walk around and look like they are doing something.

Thanks!

2. LoneRanger

LoneRanger Ensign

If i remember right in Eden, Reforged Eden or both, there is special 'Spawner-Block' that will, unlike the normal Crew 'Blocks', spawn a Guard, this can definitely only be used on a Base and will patrol and help defend the Base. Not sure if the 'Block' can be bought, crafted or only be found in loot though.
    I hope this will help.
    LR

3. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

You can purchase guards that patrol your base from uch research vessels.

I believe next update will add some more types as well.

ZipSnipe and Vaping_Dragon like this.
  4. Vaping_Dragon

Vaping_Dragon Ensign

Thanks folks! Ravien that was just the crew I was looking for!

ravien_ff likes this.
  5. sideshowflop90

sideshowflop90 Ensign

o7

I have a question about the npc/deco-crews what deduct 2,5k cpu usage.
    Gareth_8000 told me ingame that the Guards will guard, so they are more than just deco. But also deduct the 2,5kCPU.

Do the other crew-options also have an use?
    Maybe the pilot-npc raise the warp distance? Or the engineer makes it cheaper to repair the ship on what he is placed?

Thx in adv. for the answer!
    best greetings,
    Sideshow

6. Peter Conway

Peter Conway Commander

I'm not entirely sure guards actually do anything except attack the 'enemy' player... I have been attacked by enemy drones and creatures inside an allied base with the drone firing rockets into the base destroying some stuff... nobody lifts a finger to help me or even defends themselves, and sometimes the guards or droids die, so no, I'm not sure it's programmed that deeply.
    Yet!

TwitchyJ likes this.
  7. Kassonnade

Kassonnade Rear Admiral

The AI pathfinding works in bases and on terrain, I don't think it works on ships. For "allied base" that is not directly player ownership, guards may not be triggered by attacks.

The guards that "reduce CPU" only have a negative CPU value in the config files, which is deducted from total CPU. To changes other values like warp distance or cheaper repairs, we need to edit configs manually, but only some values can be changed via dialogue, but not for all devices/ items.

Actual values (there may be more) that can be changed via dialogues are :
    (for weapons) Damage, BlastDamage, BulletSpread, ReloadDelay, Recoil
    (for blocks) RangeAU and RangeLY.

Some may have been added recently but I did not track them. Someone else may chime in for this, else you will have to go through hundreds of lines of update notes. This is something many players wish could be better maintained, with centralized information on relevant topics all in the same place...

Last edited: Apr 11, 2022
  8. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

NPC guards will attack other NPCs, but they are really bad at noticing enemies.