Fixed Human soldier NPCs run out of ammo and do not reload. [7708]

Discussion in 'Fixed (Read Only)' started by Dragon, Dec 9, 2020.

1. Dragon

Dragon Captain

Build: 3140
    Mode: Survival
    Mode: Any

SERVER NAME: N/A
    SEED-ID: Any

Reproducibility: Always
    Severity: Minor

Type: NPC

Summary: Human soldier NPCs run out of ammo and do not reload.

Description: It's not a major issue but, it can become a problem if these NPCs are used in custom scenarios/POIs (especially with upcoming custom factions). I use these NPCs in my own bases and I usually just let them die and respawn if they run out. They cannot reload or take ammo from the base.

Steps to Reproduce:
    -Start a survival game with itemmenu and godmode enabled.
    -Place a core and a length of blocks, add two NPC spawners on opposite sides. Set one spawner to spawn some human soldiers and the other to spawn some night raptors. Set the night raptor spawner to spawn under "predator" faction and enable respawn on both spawners. Adjust trigger area if needed.
    -Let them fight for a while, the human soldiers will run out of ammo shortly, you will hear the empty clicking sound from their rifles as they still try to fire.

Other Relevant Information:
    NPC vs. NPC combat doesn't work properly at this moment (known issue). If they don't attack each other right away, give them a minute or two for AI detection to "kick in". If all else fails, simply spawn the human soldiers under a hostile faction and let them shoot at you (they're deadly, remember to use godmode!).