Fixed HV and SV T3 and T4 extenders do not cast shadows correctly [00617]

Discussion in 'Fixed (Read Only)' started by Garaman, Jul 14, 2022.

1. Garaman

Garaman Captain

Build: 1.8.4 3850
    Mode: Survival / Creative
    Mode: Single Player / Multiplayer

Reproducibility: Always
    Severity: Trivial

Type: Lighting / Shadows

Summary: T3 and T4 extender blocks on HV and SV do not cast shadows that correspond to their geometry. The shadows also change shape depending on the orientation of the blocks.

Description:
    See screenshot. The T3 and T4 extenders cast odd-looking shadows that are different depending on the orientation of the block, and are not consistent with what a normal cube block shows. This is probably not a huge issue, except I was noticing an odd shadow on top of an upright extender in one of my builds. You can see it clearly in the lower-right extender on the attached image.

Steps to Reproduce:
    1. Load the attached blueprints in a creative or survival session in space. Load them in direct view of the sunlight.
    2. Observe the inconsistent shadowing relative to the corresponding reference cube blocks. The T2 extender (blue) appears correct, but the T3 (red) and T4 (green) blocks cast inconsistent shadows that differ based on their rotation.
    Screenshots:

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

ravien_ff likes this.
  2. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

Nice catch...but when will extenders be free standing to witness those wrong shadows?:NewGrinning::NewWink:

3. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

Well, in that screenshot, for one. :NewWink:

TwitchyJ likes this.
  4. Garaman

Garaman Captain

I know, right? It's probably been like this for ages, but who would put their extenders on the outside?

Apparently me, when I try to build a micro HV and wonder, "What the hell is casting those shadows on the back?"

[​IMG]

I flipped the extenders and you don't see it now, but I know it's broken still so it makes me sad. Inside.

ravien_ff, Myrmidon and Germanicus like this.