Known Issue Vessels not 'coming down' after power off

Discussion in 'Known Issues' started by Pear78, Mar 6, 2019.

1. Pear78

Pear78 Captain

in creative mode, not tested on server yet.
    powering a HV off, whilst sitting in cockpit drops it to the ground. when standing outside of cockpit and turning power off, it just stays on hover height with power being off.

zaphodikus likes this.
  2. Frigidman

Frigidman Rear Admiral

Not a bug, its a perk of Creative Mode so that you can work on HV/SV/CV in a planet without it falling down (so you can get under it to work on).

Gary Parkin likes this.
  3. Well it happens in survival mode as well, so I would say it's a bug.

It's been doing that for many versions now and has been reported multiple times.
    SV's and CV's show the same behavior as well.

boolybooly likes this.
  4. Frigidman

Frigidman Rear Admiral

Well he mentioned Creative Mode. Being too specific where it does not count, can have adverse affects ;)

I do not want them to 'fix this non-bug in Creative mode'... but they could fix it in survival (although I cannot reproduce it).

5. It's strange that you can't reproduce it, it's reproducible 100% of the time for many versions now (and reported by quite a few people).

Here is a video I just recorded in survival mode SP. One simply needs to exit the cockpit and then power down the vessel, either with "Y" key or through the control panel, and the vessel will stay hovering until you re-enter a cockpit. It does the exact same thing with all vessel types.

Exiting the cockpit before you power down is the key here. It will happen 100% of the time if you do so.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 7, 2019
  6. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator Staff Member Community Manager

• Developer
    Not a bug, but an "issue" with the vessel controller that is not that easy to fix (as it might seem).

7. Fenra369

Fenra369 Commander

Mode: Survival
    Mode: Singleplayer

SEED-ID: 897406

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: No

Reproducibility: Always
    Severity: Minor

Type: Entities, Registry

Summary: Turning off an SV in registry does not make it fall

Description: When you try to use registry to make an SV fall down to the ground, using the powered slider on the registry window (not the SV control panel) will turn off the vessel, but it will not fall to earth. It instead stays in the air being turned off.

Steps to Reproduce: fly an SV to a particular height, get out of your vehicle, and use registry to turn off your SV using the powered slider on the window.

20190603215720_1.jpg 20190603215731_1.jpg

Pach and Andipro like this.
  8. Pach

Pach Rear Admiral

I didn't even know about that slider until you reported this. I always went into the Control Panel from there, and hit the power switch on the CP. Does that still work?

Germanicus likes this.
  9. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

I believe the "issue" with the still flying SV has its source back in the A8.x or A9.x when those Vessels got the ability to stay angled in the Air without thrust (so we don't have to press the S-Key all the time to keep it from sliding forward)

10. Racoon

Racoon Ensign

I wanted to report this incase it wasn't already... I'll be brief.

When your cockpit is destroyed on your SV, you immediate fall to the ground and the ship remains in the air. You would expect it to fall with you, eventually.

Sorry if this is a repost,
    -Racoon