Fixed HV Shields Don't Stuff Up [6768]

Discussion in 'Fixed (Read Only)' started by Klang Mogh, Sep 18, 2019.

1. Klang Mogh

Klang Mogh Ensign

I just noticed after the most recent update(s), 10.5.0, my HV shields do not stay up. They power up fully, shields show 100%, then they drop and regenerate again. This is continuous. This was on multiple HV's that I have. I have not checked if this is the same with my SV's or CV's yet. I'm playing SP survival. Not using volume/mass restrictions. 10.5.0 2648. Never had this problem previously.

2. Pantera

Pantera Administrator Staff Member

• Developer
    Does this happen when the vessel is docked ?

3. Travis9x

Travis9x Commander

Mode: Survival
    Mode: Singleplayer

SEED-ID: 779873

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: No

Reproducibility: Unknown (observed to happen once, after which I immediately came to file this bug report)
    Severity: Major

Type: SV / Shield

Summary: SV shield continuously resets

Description: When charging, the SV shield will periodically reset and begin charging again

Steps to Reproduce: Unsure what triggers it, perhaps getting depleted by weapon fire? Or perhaps just turning it on? But I can describe the behavior.
    The shield will begin charging (or activating), sometimes reaching 100% full charge, sometimes only getting to 10%. The shield will stop charging for a moment, and then begin charging again, even if it is already at 100%. If it only gets to 10% when it resets, then it drops back to 0 when it starts charging again.
    The shield will also be inactive (not protecting the vessel) while this charge cycle repeats. And since it draws a lot of power, if this behavior goes unnoticed by the player then it will consume a LOT of fuel. So this is a pretty big problem.

EDIT: After a little testing, I was able to reliably recreate this problem while my SV was docked to my CV. I don't know if it happens when docked to bases as well, and I don't know if it must be docked to a Repair Bay or not (my CV hanger has a T2 repair bay).
    If you try to turn on the SV shield while docked, this problem will occur. If you leave the shield off and undock first, then if you turn it on while not docked then this problem will not occur.

Screenshots, Crash Logs, any other Relevant Information or Download links: Will upload a savefile if I can recreate this behavior.
    EDIT: Based on my experience testing to recreate the problem, I don't think a savefile is necessary.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2019
  4. Pantera

• Developer
    Thanks this is something we are working on fixing already.

Travis9x likes this.
  5. Bigtoad

Bigtoad Commander

Mode: Survival
    Mode: Dedicated Server

Modified Playfields: No
    Reproducibility: Always
    Severity: Minor

Summary: SV shield resets repeatedly when docked

Description: When docked, the SV shield keeps cycling - from on and 100% to off and powering up, consuming power. It stays at 100% but it goes through the startup sequence, with flashing red shield strength, repeatedly.

Steps to Reproduce: Turn the SV shield on, dock it to any base or CV

6. Taelyn

Taelyn Guest

Known already and fixed :) will be out in one of the next releases

Bigtoad and Germanicus like this.
  7. Pantera

• Developer
    Fixed in A10.6.

Bigtoad likes this.