HV Tank pitch question

Discussion in 'Questions, Discussions & Feedback' started by EternalHeathen, Jan 19, 2020.

1. EternalHeathen

EternalHeathen Captain

I'm wondering if there are any methods of creating more pitch for an hv tank that I'm missing. The methods I'm aware of are stacking cpu intensive rcs's, or using extra hover engines with signal logic that would have me constantly in and out of the p menu during battle.

Does anyone have any tips on stuff I'm missing?

2. Ronewird

Ronewird Commander

Rcs are not a smart option anymore. My opinion.

3. EternalHeathen

EternalHeathen Captain

That's the conclusion I came to with SV's and Cv's for sure, I haven't had any issues getting them to work the way I want through thruster placement. Hv's are the odd man out.

4. IndigoWyrd

IndigoWyrd Rear Admiral

A single or pair of RCS are not a bad option for a little enhanced torque and handling, but there are some other non-P-panel options as well.
    One is deceptively simple: Add some Ground Repulsors - those little green, low-level hover devices. They're not just hove pads, they're also small RCS devices, with a deceptively low cost. They're not going to give you much, individually, but a small group of 2-3 on the edges, back or front, will give you a surprising amount of fine control, especially when paired with larger hover pads.

The other option is the use of thrusters to provide up/down thrust, depending on which way you're wanting to tilt most often. For burrowing HV's, rear vertical thrust helps point your nose into the dirt. For anti-aircraft HV's, a front thruster helps get your nose off the ground. Bidirectional will benefit from both, but you'll typically want to add at least 1 more RCS to help keep them from negating each other.

Sometimes just the addition of one or two more hover pads, especially large pads, can make getting your nose up or down, and finally there is the Jump Pad.

This thing has a peculiar property to it that seems to make a difference in how an HV handles where tilting is concerned - and in the worst case, a short little hop up can give you the option to really aim your nose where you want it.

EternalHeathen likes this.
  5. EternalHeathen

EternalHeathen Captain

Thanks for the ideas, testing them out a bit. The green hovers automatically shut off if you get above 1.5 meters, so they don't mix well with regular hovers unless you stay below that height. The thrusters work but I'm thinking you need enough to beat out the hover thrust for it to work. Testing on my tiny battle bike so I wouldn't have to worry so much about mass effects, small thrusters had no noticeable effect on pitch but the jets were crazy effective. Also, I'd never quite figured out how to make the jump pad work, think i did tonight. Have to take my finger off the 'w' and it'll jump.

Attached Files: