HV tier6a issues and sort of fixes

Discussion in 'FAQ & Feedback' started by DtOmega, Feb 21, 2019.

1. DtOmega

DtOmega Ensign

After playing for about 1.5 months I have learned a few things, but still need to learn more :). I finally got a decent base and SV with warp etc. used some auto miners to gain rare ores and built a HV level 6a prefab. Thinking that it would be a good tank type HV to destroy the Z bases etc. only to learn that the turrets are not on the hot bar. Nor can you reload them, after a couple hours in creative, i remembered that the containers are a bit different now. "container controllers" so i swapped out the existing containers for the new controllers and extensions . now i can manually reload the turrets. But they will not auto reload?? Am i missing something here?

Any help as to this issue would be appreciated.

2. Turrets can't be added to the vessel hotbar, it's simply not a thing.
    You shouldn't have had to swap out the old ammo boxes since the old ones still function.
    I just now spawned in that exact HV and had zero issues with the ammo boxes or the turrets. Are you sure you put the ammo in an ammo box and not a cargo box?

Turrets in a HV can only be manually controlled or reloaded from a cockpit or passenger seat, I had no problems with this at all.
    Turrets of any kind will only reload themselves once they are actually targeting and trying to fire at something, manually take control of them and reload them to avoid that delay.

DtOmega likes this.
  3. DtOmega

DtOmega Ensign

i just did an alternate start and had no issues adding the ammo this time??? as for the reloading thanks for the information. also i noticed that i was trying to use sv instead of hv for one type of the ammunition. and the led display shows 135mm when its 130mm so that may have been some of the confusion. Thank you for your time and response.