Im hurt, thanks guys.....

Discussion in 'Other Discussion' started by The Tactician[ Λ ], May 22, 2020.

1. The Tactician[ Λ ]

The Tactician[ Λ ] Rear Admiral

so for over a year on this game ive gotten hate off and on, from multiple people who wished me to leave and quit the game, mostly still dont know who they are but i have a few good guesses, but here is my story if you care to read.

i started this game in Mr spicy gaming community with xcal, it was fun, till he dident like the direction of the game and left it, xcal then got this idea to start his own community, and for at least a year it was fun, till Spanj group got involved into a pvp server with xcals group(i was not apart of), and things got child-ishly heated over stealing one of Spanj ships, at this time everyone in xcals group got major hate, and comments in Spanj discord from his community and i left Spanj discord when they started thumbing down all our builds, note, i wasent even involved but because i was with xcal i was forced in with all the hate.

near the end of my time with xcal i was only doing his challenges cuz i kept getting so much workshop hate like the others, mind you it was only annoying to them but for me it crushed my spirit in building anything and i got lazy a copied a few builds i liked from the workshop for personal use and one of them i uploaded to the workshop for one of xcals challenges, at the time i did this i new it was going to get major thumbs down like all my builds have... so i dident care of the repercussions of this one little copied build but Xcal decided it was enough to ban me from playing his challenges and take me away from the modding team, this hurt me in more ways then one, but since i know i wasent of use to xcal anymore over a small little incident i left xcals group, since then ive watched my 200 or so builds slowly get thumbs down, mostly the first 2 pages, im trying to be mature here so ill refrain from cussing out the community.

i did build for me, but getting hate for just being in xcals community then even more leaving the game is just childish and wrong, i just want to note that i wasent looking for fame, i was looking for recognition on if im doing well or not with building, apparently politics and there opinions are more important, and i also see its still going on...

so im left to this conclusion:

im never building again, i may come back for survival some day but only with friends i trust, this community is a sespool of toxicity and i hate it, i have since defriended everyone related to this game to part myself of all this BS

thanks Empyrion community, Spanj community for ruining my fun with this game ....

if this gets deleted it only furthers my case....

KRanKO5 and Germanicus like this.
  2. The Tactician[ Λ ]

The Tactician[ Λ ] Rear Admiral

note: this is not the whole story but i figured this was just going to get deleted so i did some of it

Germanicus likes this.
  3. RhodeKill

RhodeKill Commander

Hate to see you go :( It sucks that's the experience you got. Us chill members will welcome you back if you decide to jump back in

Germanicus likes this.
  4. This is generally a big NO-NO and it sounds like you already knew it beforehand yet still chose to do it anyways.
    I'm sorry but you can't blame anyone but yourself for this bit (I'm not speaking about the rest, just this one thing).

Using someone else's work from the workshop and uploading it as your own for a challenge is a real bad thing, even if you credited them properly. It doesn't matter how much you change either, you still started with someone else's work. Just don't do it ever.

Also, the workshop has always been somewhat of a cesspool when it comes to thumbs up and down. There are individuals out there that will deliberately create multiple accounts just for the purpose of marking everyone else down just so they can move up higher in the "ranks" with their own stuff.
    Don't upload to the workshop for any reason other than to allow people to use it and not care what they think. I guarantee that the majority of the people that actually use your stuff and enjoy it probably never comment and never leave thumbs up. Most people just subscribe and move on.

You are free to leave if you wish of course, but I guarantee the majority of us never even knew about any of this politics stuff you went through, and therefore have not judged you because of it.
    Many of us are just friendly people playing the game and we will still be here to welcome you back if you choose.

Miznit, (TMC)_FMA, piddlefoot and 8 others like this.
  5. RazzleWin

RazzleWin Rear Admiral

@The Tactician[ Λ ]
    This here.:)

6. elmo

elmo Captain

You are free to leave if you wish of course, but I guarantee the majority of us never even knew about any of this politics stuff you went through, and therefore have not judged you because of it.
    Many of us are just friendly people playing the game and we will still be here to welcome you back if you choose.

Krazzykid says it all with this paragraph. Get back in the game lad and have some fun like most of us do. Don't let others get you down.

7. KRanKO5

KRanKO5 Lieutenant

So sad... I guess hate in the internet is cheap and easy. It doesn't take a lot for the haters to rejoice... You got all my support, I would like you to stay strong but it's your choice nonetheless

Don't let lesser beings dictate what you can or can't do.

⚔️❤️

(TMC)_FMA and Germanicus like this.
  8. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

Well, STEAM is guilty in this matter too.
    Applying a system that adopts the most idiotic invention Facebook/Google ever did....Like AND Dislike Buttons!
    Look at this Forum here - you have a like Button, NOTHING else.

SGP Corp, Needleship, elmo and 2 others like this.
  9. StyxAnnihilator

StyxAnnihilator Captain

@The Tactician[ Λ ] Sad you feel bullied and such. I have not been a part of it, so not much more to say than hope you regain having fun with the game.

I just play EGS regardless of others, have developed mental ignore from years with internet interactions.
    Others builds I rarely use, since my demands are a bit different from most (SP efficiency).
    Sometimes I participate in (building) challenges and such, just to show that side too.
    PvP I keep away from, PvE rarely.

Take care!

KRanKO5 likes this.
  10. Fractalite

Fractalite Rear Admiral

Tac.... how DARE you.

I have called you out on this kind of behavior before and will happily do it now. You deliberately went and found builds on the workshop that got thumbs up or attention, copied them, and then tried to pawn them off as your own. This is NOT the forums, discord, or the steam workshop being a cesspool or some kind of bullying, it is YOU being predatory. @XCaliber was not at fault; he did the right thing in banning you. Now, here you are trying to deliberately provoke people for yet more attention, which is like your older behavior just with a cherry of unpleasantness.

You were doin real well there for 8 - 9 months, but now this. If you want to go back to posting and having fun in the "What did you do in Empyrion today" thread awesome, delete this thread(just have some goddamn fun, yeeesh,) otherwise, do let the door hit you on the way out.

piddlefoot and elmo like this.
  11. (TMC)_FMA

(TMC)_FMA Ensign

People make mistakes it's what makes us human,but its what you do in the now that will show who you are. If you truly like the game don't let others dictate your play,just have fun.

mark117h likes this.