in search of pve learning server

Discussion in 'Multiplayer Meeting Room' started by mdram, Jun 21, 2018.

1. mdram

mdram Ensign

title says it all, im new looking for a server to learn the game.

prefer pve for now to get my feet wet

2. Tbosh

Tbosh Commander

Would probably be best to "learn" the game in single player before jumping into multiplayer. At least to learn the basics. Do the Robinson protocol mission that pops up as soon as you crash into the planet. That will give you the very basics you need to get started.

After that's done jump onto any pve multiplayer server you wish. Every server does things different, from starting gear to difficulty setting etc.

If you have already done this, try taking a look at the Server Transcendance. Pretty cool server with good admins.

3. ECubed

ECubed Commander

Would have to echo TBosh. Learn the fundamentals in single player. Try Creative Mode to get the hang of building. Then find a nice server and hop on.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2018
  4. abelzw

abelzw Lieutenant

I just built my own server and it's only got a small group of people, looking for more though. The server is currently in creative mode with plans to switch it to survival in the near future. You could even have your own planet if you'd like.

5. Weezlpleezr

Weezlpleezr Ensign

You're welcome to join us on the Pact server. =)

6. jamesbond

jamesbond Ensign

Hello

I'm a new player, and looking to play with some other folks to learn and have some fun. Strongly prefer PVE server.

7. abelzw

abelzw Lieutenant

If you're in Australia, my server will be a little closer to you than most. I'm in Japan. If you're interested, PM me.

8. Caathrok

Caathrok Ensign

Bugs Expanding Universe (verified server - it's blue in the list) is pretty good. largely PvE, fairly easy start as long as you choose the starter with breathable atmosphere. It's good for newbies but... if you are trying to learn the game, SP is the way to go, most servers don't have the starter/tutorial quest working anymore.