PLZ Retest and Re-Report Inconsistent use of power/fuel

Discussion in 'Archive (Read Only)' started by rebuilthk47, Feb 5, 2022.

1. rebuilthk47

rebuilthk47 Commander

For more information see here Bug Report Template

Build: 1.7.3
    Mode: Survival
    Mode: Dedicated

SERVER NAME:
    SEED-ID: 1011345

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: No

Reproducibility: Sometimes
    Severity: Minor

Type: Power/Fuel consumption

Summary: Inconsistent use of power/fuel.

Description: My server game has been going from one extreme to the other with power use when I'm not in. After a some time of gameplay, especially after patch 1.7.2 and 1.7.3 nothing was using power when logged out (including autominers), now it's overusing power.

Before now, if I logged off, there was a 50/50 chance that my autominers would "stop running", bases would not use power, plants wouldn't grow, etc. until I logged back in. When I would get back in and ineract with the autominer to check its progress (visually it's still running because I can see and hear it going), the autominers would say Off (no source material) for a couple seconds and then resume.

Now power is being overused. Example: a Base with 8 solar panels, 2 solar batteries, and 2 refrigerators placed on the equator of a large planet with 11 hours of sun is out of power after being offline for a few real time hours. A base with 2 furnaces is out of promethium fuel and has refined only one stack worth of resource after 4 hours real time not being in the game. But if I stay in the game, the solar base is not running out of power and the refinery (as I call it) makes 7+ stacks before reaching 50% fuel. Been fixing it with restarting and integrity checks with EAH.

The chance of this happening goes up the longer the server is active (24hrs).

Steps to Reproduce:
    1) Start the server
    2) Let it run for a while. Log in to check all autominers and bases (only two bases in system), then log out.
    3) Log back in after a few hours to see if there is still power/if power was used.

Screenshots, Crash Logs, any other Relevant Information or Download links:
    Game save: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1S2CF0bLOfZZfbyc7aATd0I-ykFdKposv?usp=sharing
    Logs for save are attached to this thread.

Attached Files:

• 3649.zip
      File size:
      216.3 KB
      Views:
  2. rebuilthk47

rebuilthk47 Commander

I should note that running the integrity check via EAH doesn't fix it, it just seems that way as it stops happening for a while after doing it. It could just be turning the server off and back on, however that's not always fixing it either.

3. rebuilthk47

rebuilthk47 Commander

Added note: My autominers are placed with full fuel (+1 fusion cell for turning it on) and should be at 14:04 mining time.

After posting this bug report, I turned the server back on. After a few hours I got on and my autominers weren't running, and the refinery base was out of power having refined almost none of the sathium. I powered the refinery to full, got off, waited an hour and got back on. The autominers had used up an hours worth of fuel. The refinery had no fuel and hadn't refined much of the sathium. I refueled the refinery and sat for a while in-game and it went through a stack's worth of sathium and only went down to ~80% power.

4. rebuilthk47

rebuilthk47 Commander

Here I have screenshots of what happens when I log off. The first two are before I logged off at 9:20 in the morning. The second two are when I logged back on at 12:00 noon. As you can see there is a small difference in how much Sathium was refined. Only enough to be refined between the time of the first screenshot and when I logged off. The refinery base has used up all fuel, yet it has refined zero sathium. There should be at least two or three stacks of raw sathium ore refined.

When idle, even with the furnaces switched on, the base doesn't run out of fuel that fast. With two idle furnaces (turned on) it has 40 hours of power, so it's not because the furnaces are turned on.

Attached Files:

5. MrJiggles

MrJiggles Ensign

I am having the same issue on build 1.7.3 3649 15-12:29 (Dedicated Server).

I logged off for ~2 hours, but fuel was consumed at ~3 hours
    I played for ~3 hours away from my the playfield with my base. Came back and the fuel tank was almost empty.
    - Fuel tanks are ~20,000
    - Consumption ~2.5 out of 25

Coupled with this, solar panels are not providing very much charge - 15 of them should fill up the 10k battery when nothing but the core is on. I came back 24hrs RL time to 0% battery, 0% fuel. Base is on equator, on planet real close to the sun.

6. Masshuru

Masshuru Ensign

(Tested on us official)
    Steps to reproduce:
    download workshop item 2769878625 “Fuel Bug Test Platform”
    Add 360 copper ore to container
    Add 1 fusion cell to fuel tank
    Power on test platform
    Check idle state power left
    Start converting 180 copper ore to ingots (both constructors)
    Check power left
    Log out for 1 hour
    Find bug
    Fix bug
    (It seems like the check for “how much power was used” happens before “when did power draw from constructors end” and kills the fuel before properly processing the construction time)

-AKEVA-BANSHEE- likes this.
  7. Tengukami

Tengukami Ensign

I'm having a similar issue, so I will attach it here:

Build
    : 1.7.8
    Mode: Survival
    Mode: Dedicated

SERVER NAME:
    SEED-ID: 10231982

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: No

Reproducibility: Always
    Severity: Major

Type: Power/Fuel consumption

Summary: Solar panels won't charge while server is unoccupied

Description: Solar power charges the batteries great while players are active. Once no one has been on the server for 4-5 hours they stop and only drain the batteries. 5 capacitors went from 94% to 3% in 10 hours.

Steps to reproduce:
    1: Charge batteries
    2: Leave server running with no players for 8+ hours
    3: Log in and check power levels

Logs: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1fi3lVc6c3pZFiKXRUJzF4f3fW7DlWceH/view?usp=sharing