Fixed Intended destructable blocks on Heidelburg still not destructable

Discussion in 'Fixed (Read Only)' started by Pach, May 28, 2021.

1. Pach

Pach Rear Admiral

Build: 3366
    Mode: SinglePlayer
    Mode: Survival

SERVER NAME: n/a
    SEED-ID: 272553

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: None

Reproducibility: Always
    Severity: Minor

Type: Structure

Summary: Intended destructable blocks on Heidelburg still not destructable

Description:
    When I dropped into one of the deeper rooms of the Heidelburg, I saw I would have trouble jumping out. From the patch notes, I should be able to find a block I could destroy to get out, and saw one. MultiTool showed it had only a few points of health. But I was unable to destroy it to get out at all.

Note that this game was created new today (after the update), so should have all the changes.

Steps to Reproduce:
    Open referenced save file. You should be standing right in front of the destructable block. You have a MultiTool, an assault rifle, and a shotgun. All three give the message "you cannot damage this structure with that weapon" if you try to destroy the block.

Screenshots, Crash Logs, any other Relevant Information or Download links:

Link to save file:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Fc6sFeODCMOxzBtLzH_AATxZZDa-JEly/view?usp=sharing

Link to video showing trying to destroy the block:

runlykhel and Germanicus like this.
  2. Pach

Pach Rear Admiral

@Hummel-o-War is this fix on the Arid planet, or just on Temperate starter?

I did an Arid start, and went back into this same room, and that broken block isn't there, but there's a path out.

There are some other broken blocks that still have damage to them that weren't replaced, but there is an alternate path in/out of those areas, too.

So I'm wondering if the fix was a new path rather than destroyable blocks?

3. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator Staff Member Community Manager

• Developer
    The "destroyed blocks" cannot be "damaged" in a way that you can destroy them in POI with admin core .. so I have made some alternative exits/entries. Both rooms, the medic and the restrooms now have a way to get in and out without a jetpack.

Pach likes this.
  4. Pach

Pach Rear Admiral

Then this is fixed and can be filed away. :)

I tried everywhere I could to fall in somewhere in the wreck where I couldn't get out, and I was always able to find an (easy) path out (I say "easy" because on Arid, I always have jetpack, but I believe they all could be done without as well). Someone else may find a spot, but all the usual place I drop into, I was able to go out the alternate paths.

Much appreciated!

Hummel-o-War and Germanicus like this.