Interesting Turret Behavior

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mark-o-solo, Jan 16, 2020.

1. mark-o-solo

mark-o-solo Ensign

Hi everyone,
    I was just wondering about whether turrets attack generally the closest enemy components or just structure specific ones.
    For example, take a CV fight wherein the enemy turrets are set to aim for my warpcore. Now, I can only place one on my CV. However, I could dock a decoy SV with a warpcore onto my CV.
    Assuming the SV is closer to the enemy turrets, will these fire on the SV warpcore, or only on the warpcore of my CV ?
    And what if I were to dock another CV instead ?
    Cheers

2. wrenchinator

wrenchinator Commander

I am sure some PVP folks will be along shortly to enlighten you on the ways and mysteries of player vs. player tactics and building techniques. That said, you are on to something there.

3. IndigoWyrd

IndigoWyrd Rear Admiral

Just be mindful - a number of common PvP practices are currently under scrutiny as exploits, and we can expect at least a few of these methodologies to receive some, possibly not-so-subtle changes, to curb them.

The Layer of Armor-Layer of Generators-Layer of Armor-Layer of RCS-Layer of Armor design method is already meeting with great failure on CPU-enabled servers, as there simply are not enough CPU points available for these kinds of designs any more.

I believe landing gear harpooning has also been fixed, so we can expect more methods of gaming the play to go by the wayside as well.

I always simply recommend learning and practicing actual combat and flight skills over looking for gimmicks.