Alpha 10.5 - Invader vs Defender II Rework

Discussion in 'FAQ & Feedback' started by RexXxuS, Sep 16, 2019.

1. RexXxuS

RexXxuS Rear Admiral

Hi Survivalists,

with the Alpha 10.5 patch a new season is about to start.
    My first Invader vs Defender Scenario was played by thousands around the whole Empyrion community and a rework of it was long overdue.
    With all of your feedback and experience I gathered I tried to improve it and hope to get feedback to keep working on it for a great time for you on it.

Let me recap some changes as quick as possible:

• A reworked Universe
      [​IMG]
    • Every Origin has its own new start story now (some will recognize my POI choices)
      upload_2019-9-16_13-20-52.png
      upload_2019-9-16_13-21-51.png
      upload_2019-9-16_13-22-30.png
    • All Orbits got reworked and updated with latest POIs and changes from Eleon. Carefully placed Asteroids depending on the Planet Class Sizes.
    • Resource Distribution is an important role in this Scenario now. It is probably more difficult for some but very rewarding to go out and adventure the universe - especially in the center.
    • While PvP is a big part of this Scenario now in the center and inner Ring, there are plenty of locations you can go and gather resources
    • The center of the Universe is the Black Hole which contains the Planet Void. Whoever seeks out for ultimate PvP and Survival challenges with "High Risks = High Reward" is welcome here!
    • A successful gameplay comes to the Official Servers: A PvE Orbit with a PvP Moon in it.
      Your Origin restricted Orbit contains a lucrative PvP Moon even new players can dive into their first PvP experiences. Fun in & out raids make it a good start for everyone.
      upload_2019-9-16_13-32-47.png
    • A complete new PDA gameplay experience for this scenario. A hybrid of vanilla missions, HWS missions and new missions (more to come)
      upload_2019-9-16_13-26-44.png
      upload_2019-9-16_13-27-3.png
    • A dedicated place to play your Missions now. Erestrum, Zascosium and Sathium can be gathered in a fun way infinite times in PvE now (cooldown = every 12 hour playable). Those are Mission Dealer which give you dedicated rewards once conditions are met.
      upload_2019-9-16_13-28-9.png
    • The first attempt to push Economy further in this Scenario. Make use of your Junk and find the Epic Trader! (more to come)
      upload_2019-9-16_13-30-11.png
    There are more things to discover and play! It was fun to create this new scenario and hope you will enjoy it.
    I'll like to read your feedback about it and keep working on improving it!

RexXxuS

Last edited: Sep 16, 2019
  2. JaPhiSo

JaPhiSo Ensign

I had some bugs in the mercenary start:
    1. When i was in the space station i could not use the equipment container so that i could not pick up any start equipment
    2. i was hostile with Zirax and Polaris and friendly to Talons, even though i should be neutral to all

3. RexXxuS

RexXxuS Rear Admiral

Thanks a lot for your feedback!

1. will be fixed with the next hotfix patch
    2. that was also a mistake unfortunately. The latest version of my scenario didn't get released. Should be fixed with the new patch as well.

ravien_ff and StyxAnnihilator like this.
  4. StyxAnnihilator

StyxAnnihilator Captain

Good work! Do not need any extra equipment from the Personal Locker, if to play on hard.
    Would like a wing suit option for Mercenary start, maybe as a booster.

5. RexXxuS

RexXxuS Rear Admiral

Maybe you can also provide detail explanation of your claim? Cause it seems you have not tested it at all.

ravien_ff likes this.
  6. Mad Raven

Mad Raven Ensign

Still no W+V, so it's a no go for me. Official servers should have all official features in place.

7. RexXxuS

RexXxuS Rear Admiral

Good point! I think for the next season I will activate it on all 3 official servers as a test. (I hoped for a bit more refinement in the config)

ravien_ff likes this.
  8. RexXxuS

RexXxuS Rear Admiral

Exactly this is the case in Invader vs Defender II. There are no rare resources in PvE, only in the minimal form possible.
    They have to enter the inner PvP ring to get rich or gather rare resources.
    Moreover there are Origin depending resource distribution. So one Origin can farm certain resources better. That should create a demand & supply system.

ravien_ff likes this.
  9. JaPhiSo

JaPhiSo Ensign

Cool! I will test it with some friends and send you feedback next week. It defenitly looks good.

10. RexXxuS

RexXxuS Rear Admiral

It is really low already. Or did I missed some asteroids to take out? Can you mention the playfield name / coordinates?

The reason for them (if any I forgot) came actually from you / your friend:

Taelyn likes this.
  11. TheTrueMuffinMan

TheTrueMuffinMan Ensign

so far the game is awesome but please, please either remove or change the abillity for the invaders, in my case, like the zirax being able to hack and control your base without entering or putting much of a fight, as I've just finished polishing my base for the past 2 days and begun building CVs so I can do farther jumps and take vehicles with me but now I'm trapped in my base and I can't retrieve any of my weapons, materials, ships or even reclaim it as mine

12. RazzleWin

RazzleWin Rear Admiral

You will need to destroy your core and replace it after you have killed the hacker.
    If you don't mind the concept of cheating in a single player game. You can activate the console turn on god mode as well get yourself a weapon, if you don't have one and ammo. Once you do have control over your base again you can set it to public so the attacks stop. These are just work around's.