Help needed Invisible block, how to fix?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ranix, Sep 6, 2021.

1. Ranix

Ranix Ensign

Hey my dudes, how do I fix this?
    upload_2021-9-5_20-59-51.png
    I'm an admin.

Thanks!

2. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

ravien_ff likes this.
  3. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

This is a POI that was taken over. As far as I know you cannot remove the NPC spawners without using admin commands (and the command in question should not be done on a server).

Take the blueprint into creative mode and remove the spawners there then spawn it back in the game.

4. Vermillion

Vermillion Rear Admiral

Players have had mixed success by using explosive charges or firing a rocket at the location, using blast damage to hit the invisible player spawner.

5. Ranix

Ranix Ensign

that's pretty terrible, there's really no admin command to delete a block?

devs, can you please add an admin command to delete a block? Don't you have this in creative?

I'm not going to destroy the entire poi and recreate it from scratch to clear one block I can't place anything in.

If the devs won't fix this can you make the NPC spawner an object that isn't invisible so it doesn't trigger this issue Ravien? There should be no reason the NPC spawner needs to be invisible since the Zirax have canonical teleporters that spawn in their NPCs and they clearly need to be destroyed by the players

when I first saw the item in the menu I expected it to look like a red or blue pressure plate switch (from signals/sensors)

6. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

There is a console command but it's not advised to use it on a server.
    And no, that is a vanilla item and it's needed for poi construction.
    My advice is to try destroying it with blast damage (you may have to remove the core first to deal damage) and see if that works.

Otherwise you'll have to use my advice above or build around it.

7. Ranix

Ranix Ensign

alright thanks dude I'll try removing the core

8. Khazul

Khazul Rear Admiral

In creative mode I have used symmetry mode to place and remove a block such as to cause the symmetry to remove an opposite hidden block.

TBH - it was usually use of symmetry mode that caused the problem in the first place...

9. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

If you have access to console commands, will using the Replaceblocks command not fix this? It did for me, but that was in a Single Player game. I'd taken over a CV and invisible spawners were blocking my ability to customise it as I wanted, so I used the command:

replaceblocks xxxx 668 0

to turn the invisible spawner (668) to an empty block (0) The xxxx is the ID of the CV/BA in question. Type "di" in the console to get a little pop-up window that shows, among other things, the ID of CV/BA etc. you're looking at. Type "di" again to close the window.

This worked for me - thanks to @ravien_ff for reminding me this command existed - in a Single Player game without issue. I assume it'd work in MP too?

Scoob.

10. GoldDragon

GoldDragon Captain

It will work in Multiplayer, BUT! You need admin privileges to use this, and most other, console commands.

11. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

OP does mention he's an Admin, so it should work for him.

Scoob.

12. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

It's not advised to use that command on a server.

13. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

What goes wrong exactly? Not doubting you at all, just curious as it's such a useful command, I was certainly grateful of it.

Scoob.

14. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

It's listed in the comments on the command itself. I assume it could potentially crash the server if used on a larger structure or when replacing many blocks.

So it's potentially risky and I wouldn't recommend it.

15. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Fair enough. It's a shame that such a useful command can potentially cause issue in MP, while (seemingly) working so well in SP.

On another note: It seems an old bug has definitely returned to the game. Every single CV I've claimed gives a false "Cannon sleep when enemies nearby" message. When first taking over the CV, I was able to sleep on it / near it just fine. However, after a save / load cycle this bug occurs. This bug has happened before, again with claimed ships, but was fixed. This was a vanilla issue last time, so I assume it's a vanilla issue again.

These CV's - despite being claimed, updated and flown by me - also still show on the Minimap / scanner as "something detected over this way", which might be linked. Basically, they appear to be treated as an enemy vessel when it come to sleeping. It's pain, as I cannot sleep on my vessels, nor can I sleep on any Base of mine I visit if the CV is close.

I don't know if there are console commands to interrogate what's going on here and perhaps fix it.

Scoob.

16. Pembroke

Pembroke Commander

Maybe a dumb question: Couldn't the spawner plate blocks simply self-destruct when the Core is destroyed? If area damage from explosions already works ok without too many problems even in MP then surely you could just automate that?

Besides, it's explosions. Never a bad thing. ;)

17. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

I imagine that any solution is down to the Devs to implement, rather than scenario creators. Something needs to be done though as invisible spawners are a total pain in the rear (unless you're in single player and can use replaceblocks!) when retrofitting captured BA's and CV's.

A "simple" (I assume) Core go boom, spawners go boom would work for me...or transform them into visible spawner pads when the Core goes. Anything to allow us to interact (aka remove) them when we take control.

Scoob.

18. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

The spawners need to stay if the core is destroyed since they can be configured to still spawn enemies.

They should be removed if a player places their own core. This would solve the issue.

Ranix likes this.