Is it possible for Empyrion to support VR one day?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by xiaojie233, Mar 24, 2020.

1. xiaojie233

xiaojie233 Commander

I just finished watching the live of Half-Life Alyx,I'm thinking that VR may really be the future of the gaming industry,given Gabe's foresight.

Ephoie likes this.
  2. I wouldn't expect to see VR until at least Beta, if ever.
    They are just too small of a company to really focus on multiple ports and such at this point in development.

Personally I'm not a fan of any of the VR setups. Too many issues, too clunky, wires pulling on your head, wireless kits short battery life, etc, etc, etc.
    All the times I've used them it was okay for short times but extended sessions were downright uncomfortable and sometimes even painful.
    To each their own though.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2020
    xiaojie233 likes this.
  3. xiaojie233

xiaojie233 Commander

After the game is released, of course, it will cost a lot to support VR,but VR interaction is really attractive,Have you tried Alyx?

4. I've seen some gamplay of the new Half Life but I haven't played it.
    I likely never will. VR just isn't my thing and probably will remain that way. I don't mind watching gameplay but using VR is no fun for me anymore.

5. ASTIC

ASTIC Captain

cool .. with deactivated EAC even the Oculus VR works with the vorpX driver with Empyrion
    here is my vorpX Empyrion configuration

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 30, 2020
    zztong, Ephoie and xiaojie233 like this.
  6. Ephoie

Ephoie Captain

I use Trinus VR to play non-VR games with my phone/headset. Is it perfect.... no, but it does allow for deeper immersion.
    Kinda fun when in a cockpit, hitting alt, and taking a look around as if you were actually there.

Sofianinho and xiaojie233 like this.
  7. xiaojie233

xiaojie233 Commander

I think the best part of Empyrion that can perform on VR is the situation of flying in space and fighting in POI
    If the controller can be supported, then the new interaction method will bring better immersion.
    Imagine you hold the joystick to control the direction of the aircraft,or you have a gun in the abandoned factory, but panicked dropped the magazine on the ground as a group of Total horrors rushed towards you.:eek:

8. Atomino

Atomino Captain

You could try using something like VORPX.....with a little bit of luck. The Unity Engine should support VR.
    But I never tried it myself.... I always puke from VR too.

....but I can't see any way around it, because Empyrion doesn't perform well already on a flatsceen.....

Last edited: Apr 1, 2020
  9. Myrmidon

Myrmidon Rear Admiral

10. Atomino

Atomino Captain

@Myrmidon
    That doesn't look so bad....
    I once tried to play Alien Isolation with VorpX, I got that about ten minutes before I got sick.
    But now I have to try this with Empyrion as well.
    If I have any questions about the configuration, please allow me to send you a pm .

11. The_Holo

The_Holo Lieutenant

This is something I hope they'll implement. It would be so incredicly cool to command your starship in VR :D
    probably a whole lot of trickery needed to get all the UI and controls working well though,
    The Forest managed to make it quite interesting in VR, but that's a whole lot less controls needed :(

12. Myrmidon

Myrmidon Rear Admiral

There is currently no media to share the experiance of VR gameplay with others, unfortunately. These days the VR aspect of the game, as a player, comes and goes in my mind.