Is it possible to stop the scrolling after a console command?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by japp_02, Mar 12, 2024.

1. japp_02

japp_02 Commander

I need to get the chapter numbers after the command 'lschaps', but the results are so many that it's scrolled down and cutting the first answers. Is there a command or possibility to stop and resume the scrolling?

Thanks.

2. japp_02

japp_02 Commander

When I use the game and console, the console remembers the last history of commands given and the display. For this reason I guess that the console usage is put into CACHE somewhere. I would like to open such a log to see the entire list of chapters given with the command
    pda lschaps
    Please anyone: link me to such a log, is it maybe in the user\appdata somewhere?

Thanks !!

3. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

You should be able to see it in the log files, but you might need to quit the game for the game to write one.

4. japp_02

japp_02 Commander

Yes, log files are written in the Logs folder, unfortunately no mention about my activity to enumerate missions in the console and reset them.
    The only way I know about getting the 'coded' mission numbers is with the command pda lschaps, and if this is the only way to get chapter numbers then this command will not work any longer, the first mission numbers are cutt-off in the console display, in my case: the display starts with mission 11, the first 10 missions are cutt-off because the list is too long and what I'm looking for is among those :( (800 different missions are listed overall after running the pda lschaps command).
    Do you know other ways to get the exact mission numbers required for the pda console commands?

Last edited: Jul 14, 2024
  5. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

You can open the pda.yaml file in a text editor such as Notepad++, find the mission that you are looking to start (you can search for the chapter name in pda.csv, then search for its localization key in pda.yaml), then put your cursor to the line before it says ChapterTitle for the chapter you want.
    Then open the find box, type in ChapterTitle, click "backwards direction", then click the Count button and this will then tell you how many times the word ChapterTitle shows up before your cursor's position in the file.
    Then you know your chapter ID is that number plus 1.
    I had to do that a bit ago myself lol.

japp_02 likes this.
  6. japp_02

japp_02 Commander

Wow, thank you so much ravien_ff, what you say works like a charm!