Is patrolling CV supposed to camp base?

Discussion in 'Experimental Features Discussion' started by amici, May 8, 2017.

1. amici

amici Ensign

Hey, I have a question: on Ningues, is the patrolling enemy CV supposed to camp your base?

Because this has happened to me every time now, that I manage to get a base started and around the time I manage to scrape together, or am close to scraping together a primitive SV, the patrolling CV comes and CAMPS my base, completely disabling me from being able to reach my supplies and harvest my production units.

This is extremely annoying, and I'm wondering if it's supposed to be like that, or if I'm supposed to be able to fight a huge CV craft with pulse laser weapons using only (if I'm lucky) an assault rifle -.-

Last edited: May 8, 2017
  2. Kaeser

Kaeser Rear Admiral

Despair not, PV patrolling AI is still WIP so for now your best bet is to use one of the holes you dig to mine ores and build your base underground...

Or better yet take control of one of the civil POIs, PV don't usually go for those....

martian101 likes this.
  3. amici

amici Ensign

I'm using the Survivor's Camp or whatever it's called, so seems the PV goes for POIs, unless this counts as some special POI.

I'm struggling to acquire the resources necessary to build my own base, so in that case I'll have to increase the resource abundance, which would feel a bit like cheating, since the only real problem is the irrational hatred the PV has for me :D :D :D

EDIT: just realized I could of course just dismantle the POI, so I guess I don't really lack the resources to build another base, HOWEVER, the holes aren't deep enough and biofuel is too precious for me to waste it on digging deep into ground, so... I don't think that's a very real option, unless I lower the difficulty I guess which is now on medium mostly. Or just abandon Ningues (which is my favourite) for Omicron or Akua.

Last edited: May 8, 2017
  4. Ugorth

Ugorth Ensign

I struggled at first, but after putting up one turret, it damaged it enough for it to fly away with minimal damage. It is more a change im build priority. You cam also get it to fly away faster by using the turret and taking out a thruster.

5. amici

amici Ensign

I actually had an experience with a turret. The turret got very easily blown to pieces though. Those pulse laser guns are pretty dangerous.

6. VISION305

VISION305 Captain

I have found that the patrolling CV always goes straight to the survivor's camp. Give it a night or so and it will show up eventually at your door.
    You need to leave that area and go build elsewhere, preferably underground. A CV can easily destroy your turrets and your whole base. Im not sure about Akua since that is the easy start but on Masperon hell yeah you better hide underground.

Zor_The_Cruel likes this.
  7. frantech1

frantech1 Lieutenant

Take all of your stuff out of the survivor's camp and build elsewhere. I usually land in the escape pod, go to the survivor's camp, take all the supplies and leave. I've built within sight of the survivor's camp and by the second day or so the patrolling CV always shows up at the survivor's camp. It's weird to watch the CV because sometimes it will go up and down or point down then up.

Dencarion likes this.
  8. amici

amici Ensign

Just tried Omicron and the same problem happened there. Gonna try to just avoid the Survivor's Camp then after looting it.

VISION305 and Dencarion like this.
  9. leo1954au

leo1954au Commander

Had the same problem and after getting killed 3 times I collected all the stuff from the base and headed to the big lake and burrowed into the side of steep bank to make a base under ground and also found plenty of seaweed to make bio fuel for the drill.

On a side note What are the blue block things on the bottom of the lake for ?

10. Kaeser

Kaeser Rear Admiral

You now can drill rocks to get ores, the blue rocks give you promethium...

martian101 likes this.
  11. amici

amici Ensign

Ah, nice to know!

12. amici

amici Ensign

I had success with my last attempt where I did as I mentioned.

But if you're saying that you "found" seaweed at the lake then I'm curious if they've changed Ningues, because Ningues never used to have seaweed besides the peaceful raptors which for some strange reason carry seaweed (I think I read that was a temporary solution of some kind).

13. leo1954au

leo1954au Commander

Sorry I was talking about Omicron, My mistake. Also got caught up in a radiation storm on Omicron.

14. Zor_The_Cruel

Zor_The_Cruel Commander

yeah, ningues is the only starter planet that doesnt have seaweed in lakes. (it is scarce on Omicron and Masperon, because it needs deep water to spawn seaweed and most lakes on those two planets are too shallow.) Ningues is still just the raptors for seaweed, but on the upside, you get exp and food as well when "farming" for it. So you get more survival things done at once on Ningues, but at the cost of seaweed drop predictability and ammo. On Omicron and Masperon, I loot the starter base and then run to the biggest lake on the planet, preferably travelling west to keep sunlight along the way, and make my first base on the shore, thus having a relative assurance that there is close by seaweed. On Ningues there is no real way to assure seaweed access since it is just the random raptor spawns.

With the relative seaweed scarcity and smallest ore nodes of any start planet, Ningues is *easily* the hardest start planet, not Masperon.

The patrol CV not leaving the starter base once it finds it, ever, is a known bug.

amici likes this.
  15. Space Beagle

Space Beagle Captain

On the other hand - in my Ningues tryout I found a Multitool in like every 3rd cargo box I opened, and I think I found Drill T2 early also :D

... but it is VERY hard start planet to survive with its extreme minus weather elements, non-breathable air, and really small amount of ores (nods & rocks).... also as extra pleasant addition on top, you don't have any type of asteroid in orbit :D

rainyday likes this.
  16. leo1954au

leo1954au Commander

I thought I'd give Ningues a try and collected all the stuff from the survivor base then headed to another location far enough away so the patrol ship wouldn't bother me then started making a base underground and my body temp got to -27 at night but that's as far as it went now all I need to do is find more seaweed, only have 3 bio-fuel left or a T2 drill

Edit: Correction on the 2nd night I froze to death in my started underground base.

Last edited: May 11, 2017
  17. Zor_The_Cruel

Zor_The_Cruel Commander

You need to make camp in one of the low valleys that have small hot springs and trees, unless you can enclose your base and oxygenate it. The high mountain plateaus/valleys get too cold at night without an eva booster to survive without a climate controlled base.

Actually Ningues has asteroids in orbit, what it doesnt have is a moon.

amici and rainyday like this.
  18. leo1954au

leo1954au Commander

Yes figured that the best place for an underground base was near the water.