Is there a way to auto update steam and empyrion

Discussion in 'Multiplayer Meeting Room' started by Bazslaz, Sep 15, 2020.

1. Bazslaz

Bazslaz Ensign

I was wondering how people are updating their steam dedicated servers, EAH and Scenarios. Are you doing it manually or is there an automatic way to do it?

I tried to download and use Auto Update Tool version 2.0.1.4 but it does not seem to work, I am not sure if the app is still supported. The primary download site is not working so I had to get it from the Mirror donload site. Then every time I try to launch it I get an Error Error: SteamCMD Login Failure!

I have launched SteamCMD manually and I can login just fine with Anonymous or my personal SteamCMD.
    However in the Auto Update Tool If I check the Anonymous checkbox I get the login error message. If I uncheck anonymous and put in my login that I know works I get also get the the Login error message. So I am at a loss for what to do at this point. Any help would be great on how to automate updates.

2. Rags 2

Rags 2 Ensign

SteamCMD usage for updating/installing empyrion dedicated server (manual method)

• Launch SteamCMD
    • Type: login anonymous
    • Type: force_install_dir C:\empyrion (change C:\empyrion to reflect folder path of your server files)
    • Type: app_update 530870 validate
    • Type: exit

You can throw all that into a batch file and have it all run at once. Just google it if you'd rather do it that way. I just prefer to do it manually since the updates are so infrequent. Also, any time you are upgrading an existing server, make a backup of all custom config files just in case they get overwritten.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2020