CURRENTLY not reproducible Issue with Ore Scanner not working

Discussion in 'Currently not reproducible' started by Ethion, Sep 16, 2019.

1. Ethion

Ethion Ensign

I have had a couple multiplayer servers I've run with 10.4 and 10.5. Sometimes I'll find ore and it will be like 100% small copper deposit. When me and my buddy go to mine the ore there isn't anything we can see. Now round deposits. We tried digging around but no luck finding anything. The first time I ran into this we tried relogging and varous things with no luck. I finally had the server regenerate ores and then the missing ores were showing up again.

Is this a known bug?

2. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

Sometimes the underground ore nuggets don't properly spawn. It's been reported but I'm not sure of any ETA on a fix.

3. Ethion

Ethion Ensign

thanks, did they do away with the ore vein type deposits completely? or is it a mix?

4. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

Normally ALL Deposits should be of the Voxel Type but sometimes, when a planet has used up all available graphic choices it reverts back to the ore deposits made of several Rocks.

5. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

It depends on the planet. Some deposits can use the Nuggets.

6. Pantera

Pantera Moderator
    Staff Member

• Developer
    How often does this happen for you ?
    Currently it is not reproducible.

7. Ethion

Ethion Ensign

I'm running in survival on a custom server using the Project Eden scenario. The issue was random, we find an ore location with the detector but then using the drill in resource collection there are no nodes. Once we find the deposit with missing nodes they stay missing.

I have fixed it by doing a wipe of ores which regenerated the deposit which now had nodes, so it seems to me that it occurs when the ore deposits are created.

In our first game it was the copper ore in the first starting area you go to following the tutorial missions. In the second game play with a new scenario it was an ore deposit we found after some exploration. So I'd say it is less than 10% of the time?

I looked through the logs and didn't really see anything that jumped out...

Last edited: Sep 26, 2019
  8. Ethion

Ethion Ensign

One more thing that could be related is my settings are plenty for the number of ore deposits. Since I think it is an issue with generation it might only show up with plenty of deposits?