Fixed Items Lost when placed on Symetry Line [8206]

Discussion in 'Fixed (Read Only)' started by Scoob, Nov 17, 2021.

1. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Build: v1.6.3 3512
    Mode: Survival
    Mode: Single Player

SERVER NAME: N/A
    SEED-ID: 859688

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: Yes, Reforged Eden Scenario

Reproducibility: Yes, with specific device(s), example below.
    Severity: High (gameplay impact), potential loss of high-level devices that might not be replaceable.

Type: Items lost from connected toolbar.

Summary: Potential Device loss when device placed on Symmetry Line from connected toolbar.

Description: While building with Symmetry mode enabled (YZ in my case) and using a connected toolbar with two or more of a given device on it, placing ONE device on the symmetry line - so, it should not be mirrored - consumes TWO devices

Steps to Reproduce:
    1) Place down a CV Starter Block.
    2) Set Symmetry Plane on and YZ.
    3) Connector to a storage container via Wifi or standing on a Base with the storage.
    4) Add TWO of a given device (I'm currently using a Large Generator) to the connected toolbar.
    5) From the connected toolbar, place ONE generator on and aligned with the symmetry plane.
    6) Observe that BOTH generators are consumed, yet only one is placed.

Screenshots, Crash Logs, any other Relevant Information or Download links:

None, my hope is that this can be reliably re-created at will by using Item Menu in a fresh survival game. This appears to be fairly consistent for me, though I've not documented exactly which type of block / device are affected. When placing regular blocks - such as "Steel Block (Large)" only ONE block is consumed, when placing the aforementioned Large Generator, TWO are consumed (assuming two or more are on the connected toolbar). I've also lost various thrusters when placing them directly on the symmetry plane.

I could provide a video of this occurring but, to be fair, it'd likely be quicker to test it yourself. Note that this isn't a NEW issue, but it's proving particularly prevalent for me currently. If I didn't have access to the Item menu (Single Player game) it'd be a major set-back due to the loss of high-tier devices I cannot simply build more of...such as during an initial CV build for example.

Hope this report is of use and you can re-create it just as I am able.

2. Movado

Movado Lieutenant

I just noticed this happening as well, except with an intermediate CPU extender. Oddly enough, when it happened, the device list also recognized both extenders as being installed in the ship, while only one was physically there. Like your generator, I placed the extender directly on the symmetry line.

3. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

I have noticed a fair degree of weirdness with this bug, so kept the report as simple as possible. While placing a device on the symmetry plane as described will place one device visually it can indeed sometimes place two in the Control Panel.

I had this occur with a cargo container on an HV. I placed just one, and two were consumed from my Connected Toolbar as per the report, however the Control Panel Showed two being present. However, only one could be interacted with, so I did not gain additional cargo capacity.

Oh, I say only one was visually there, which is true...sort of. I had a weird overlapping texture effect occurring, which I did not initially understand the cause.

4. Scoob

Scoob Rear Admiral

Thanks for the fix. Much appreciated.