Joining a PVP server - UK advice and suggestions

Discussion in 'Multiplayer Meeting Room' started by Deliverance, Mar 17, 2019.

1. Deliverance

Deliverance Ensign

Hi i’m Looking to join my first PVP server. I have a couple of questions and would appreciate any suggestions.

1, Firstly, in PVP mode what happens when you battle? If you loose can your opponent take your ship and resources? Or your base? I love collecting resources and building ships I just don’t fancy loosing everything.

2, i’ve Recently read that servers are buggy and often troubled with loosing ships etc. I’m looking for a server I can build up resources over a longer period of time, does this happen a lot? Am I just going to spend a load of time to loose loads of stuff?

3, should I just look for a co-op player or two and run something locally?

4, which server do you recommend, i’d Love to join a faction, I play 3 or more nights a week.

2. {SB} Baron Von Beedy

{SB} Baron Von Beedy Lieutenant

1. When you battle and loose, you lose your ship, base and gear. There are ways to mitigate losses. Also never get attached to a single vessel. Even if you win, it may not be worth repairing.

2. Missing ships has happened and may still happen. Its a risk in Alpha. Just have several bases spread out - a main base in space to hide from other pvp players (though your ingress and egress may give its location away to observant eyes. I suggest FOB or hunting lodges for quick supply and for staging raids near hostile planets or on them, and a base on a planet when your big and mean...just to pick a fight and keep your main base in space quiet from the fray. Additionally, I would suggest you preposition a small ship with gear and sv's for backup in case all your bases are destroyed but keep it in deep space away from any traffic.

3. If you want decent performance, join a real server as local means one machine will be a host and will be burdened with running as a server and running as a client. If your looking for a chill pvp / heavy pve server come to The Cauldron and pick PVE start. It's a small but fast server that's been around since early 2016. Its got some nasty Zirax, Roswells and Skynets. Pop isn't there yet but you probably are not looking to get **** kicked or kick **** someone, until you have experience. Also, the server provides some gear for active players so they can attack the admin who just wants someone to beat him up....or visit in peace. No worries. Also if you want a unique hard start then the PVP starter is an option. It throws you into the Zirax occupation of your Homeworld and Roswells hunt you down. Its survival like RUST. I do that one myself....hiding behind trees to keep under cover from Roswells. Always interesting.

4. If you want a large populated server you will need to find one that feels right for you. Some are bs and some are cliche and some are really just PVE...lol The Caul dron: OSGTW has a lot of loot and PVE in a PVP compact galaxy.

Skynets need taking down PVP or PVE

20190126105124_1.jpg Lots of LOOOT!!!
    20190110203924_1.jpg